g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Tennis 2021

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He lost his mind in that game. Mannarino didn't even have to do anything to break service

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Roger's going to lose.... :(:(:(:(:(

He needed matches. Was surprised he didn't hustle and get into some other tournaments after losing at Halle so early....
:(

wr8_utd

:'(
Federer a break up in the 4th. Think he'll run away with this now. Struggling against Mannarino isn't a good sign for his hopes going forward though.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Fed lucky he has Gasquet(most likely) in the next round, he will breeze past him 3-0 with ease.

Jazz

Whew dd not see that coming. Looked nasty

Fed lives to fight another day. Another day of anxiety for his fans.

Jazz

Fed lucky he has Gasquet(most likely) in the next round, he will breeze past him 3-0 with ease.
Well not that definite. Fed so rusty. In some ways a 5th set might have been good as Roger needs matches.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I thought i had a meeting today (i didn't), my misfiring brain spared me from what seems to have been a bad and stressful match.

Funny thing is he looked v good vs Cilic in the second round of the French (and his stats bear this out), but from the 1st game of the 3rd round, he looked off. And has been off since then. UE > winners.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Federer very lucky today. He should get a couple of easier matches now to grow into the tournament but he needs to improve a lot if he wants to go far

Jazz

Federer seems to go in and out of matches -happened in Halle and now today. Though something clicked in the 4th set and then he started really playing well.
I dunno. He needed more matches before coming in to Wimbledon.
Stressful day again on Thursday but if he can come through that, he may start getting into some kind of rhythm.

Jazz

Hope Medvedev wins. He started well but has had a bit of a drop off.

Brophs

The One and Only
We're back again on Thursday with the anxieties!
I don’t think you need to trouble yourself with worry. He’s nowhere near at the level to be competitive, much less win it. Useless he goes up through the gears ridiculously quickly - and that’s not usually what happens after a long layoff, albeit Federer himself is a notable exception - he’ll get beaten by the first decent player he plays. The only question now is he undercooked or just cooked altogether.

Jazz

I don’t think you need to trouble yourself with worry. He’s nowhere near at the level to be competitive, much less win it. Useless he goes up through the gears ridiculously quickly - and that’s not usually what happens after a long layoff, albeit Federer himself is a notable exception - he’ll get beaten by the first decent player he plays. The only question now is he undercooked or just cooked altogether.
I know he's not gonna win the tournament, but I still get anxious when he plays :lol:
I want him to get some matches here if possible because it's the biggest problem I see with him.
After he's up to speed in the next couple of months, we'll see if he's cooked altogether.. until then I don't want to think about it :(

Brophs

The One and Only
Watching Murray is tough now. Clearly a guy fighting against his fitness, trying his heart out, but seemingly always suffering out there.

Brophs

The One and Only
If Otte can keep his head here he'll win. This surface, in the late evening, isn't where Murray wants to be. In other news, Otte's serve is ugly as sin but effective.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don’t really watch tennis but should Murray be getting through these early rounds easily, looks like he’s going out here

saivet

Watching Murray is tough now. Clearly a guy fighting against his fitness, trying his heart out, but seemingly always suffering out there.
I think his fitness seems okay. He can't move as well as he once did but he looks relatively fine (fitness wise) given the lack of matches he's had.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think his fitness seems okay. He can't move as well as he once did but he looks relatively fine (fitness wise) given the lack of matches he's had.
I meant physical fitness in the sense of his general physical health and ability to play consistently at this level. His movement, particularly laterally, looked compromised to me. Not awful by any stretch but it won't get it done against good players.

Heardy

I’m sure it’s probably been covered in this thread but is there a genuine concern re the playing surface? Seems to be that players are losing their footing left right and centre!

saivet

I meant physical fitness in the sense of his general physical health and ability to play consistently at this level. His movement, particularly laterally, looked compromised to me. Not awful by any stretch but it won't get it done against good players.
Yeah I'd agree with that, if he can stay healthy for a good period of time would be interesting to see how he gets on though.

Carolina Red

Staff
She was so so unlucky with that ball which was just in at such a crucial point in the third set and should feel proud of her efforts
Yeah that ball ending up in was tough. She definitely can hold her head high walking out of there. 300+ places behind in the rankings and gave Sabalenka more than she bargained for.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I want Murray to do well in general, but every time I watch him I find his screaming and giving out to himself after every point a bit off-putting.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I want Murray to do well in general, but every time I watch him I find his screaming and giving out to himself after every point a bit off-putting.
It is. Seems to happen after every point he loses. Think it's a hype tactic for himself ?

Zen

This week.... unreal... don't stop.

Unbelievable Murray