Tennis 2021

Bojan11

Federer fan giving Nadal the finger. Get the bitch out the stadium.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

the reaction is hilarious.

edit: sorry, I didn't see the 3rd page, not trying to steal your thunder in defending Nadal @Bojan11 :wenger:

I love how he does the whole middle English thing by asking if she drinketh some tequilas.

Bojan11

Have you considered using the report function so the mods can go after them ?
Not needed. It's just forum banter and I am writing shit when I quote something now, so if they decide to copy one of my posts they going to have egg on their face.

@esmufc07 stay out of this thread. You don't even like tennis and probably think Henman is still playing.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not needed. It's just forum banter and I am writing shit when I quote something now, so if they decide to copy one of my posts they going to have egg on their face.

@esmufc07 stay out of this thread. You don't even like tennis and probably think Henman is still playing.
I've been observing others attempting to usurp your hard work. Totally out of order imo.

saivet

Anyone watching Thiem-Kyrgios?

High energy start from Kyrgios and crowd is full in it. Not sure how long he can keep it up for. Thiem looks a bit tight but I think he can weather the storm when he gets into it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

the reaction is hilarious.

edit: sorry, I didn't see the 3rd page, not trying to steal your thunder in defending Nadal @Bojan11 :wenger:

I love how he does the whole middle English thing by asking if she drinketh some tequilas.
What on earth?

Fair play to Nadal for his reaction. Despite being a Federer fan, I think he's such a classy guy.

saivet

Kyrgios takes the opening set. Thiem seems a bit rattled by the occasion. He needs a strong start to the second set and get more first serves in.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Kyrgios would be an amazing player if he wasnt such a daft cnut.

Though I suppose I would be too if I wasn't shit hat hitting balls with a racket.

Last edited:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Oh my goodness what a great match!!!!

Brilliant effort from Nick! Dominic fantastic! How he kept his head in that atmosphere?!

Nick should learn if he puts this effort in time and again, he will get his rewards. Great talent who just needs to knuckle down.

Dom a great champion.

Nice to have this on in the background on another boring work from home day...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Kyrgios would be an amazing player if he wasnt such a daft cnut.

Though I suppose I would be too if I wasn't shit hat hitting balls with a racket.
All Nick needs is to have the same attitude and effort he brought to the game today. He needs to stop getting distracted and concentrate. He didn't win today but most other times, a performance like this will get you the win. Hope he remembers that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Djokovic injured by looks of it. Can't see him winning the title this year and could well be at least four off Nadal by the time Wimbledon rolls around.

Bojan11

Djokovic injured by looks of it. Can't see him winning the title this year and could well be at least four off Nadal by the time Wimbledon rolls around.
Seen it all before and crowd is refusing to leave.

Thiem will be favourite if Djokovic loses. I would put Medvedev second favourite ahead of Nadal.

saivet

Djokovic saying that he thinks he has a tear of the muscle (abdominal?) and he's not sure whether he'll be able to play against Raonic. If it's as serious as he thinks, I don't think Djokovic can play through injury and beat Raonic, Zverev, Thiem and Nadal/Medvedev back to back.

Bojan11

Djokovic saying that he thinks he has a tear of the muscle (abdominal?) and he's not sure whether he'll be able to play against Raonic. If it's as serious as he thinks, I don't think Djokovic can play through injury and beat Raonic, Zverev, Thiem and Nadal/Medvedev back to back.
He could turn up in a wheelchair and beat Raonic.

Fritz should be embarrassed though. I have no idea what he was doing in the final set. He was just hitting back to Djokovic in his zone and not moving him enough.

saivet

He could turn up in a wheelchair and beat Raonic.

Fritz should be embarrassed though. I have no idea what he was doing in the final set. He was just hitting back to Djokovic in his zone and not moving him enough.
Raonic has given Djokovic some good matches before but came up short.

I think that's a little harsh on Fritz, Djokovic upped his level from the back end of the 4th set and Fritz probably understandably got a bit tight in the 5th set. Even before the injury, Fritz was playing pretty well did fine, even in the first two sets he lost. He should be annoyed he lost but not embarrassed.

MattofManchester

Seen it all before and crowd is refusing to leave.

Thiem will be favourite if Djokovic loses. I would put Medvedev second favourite ahead of Nadal.
Honestly, I'd put Medvedev ahead of them all. Thiem has too many ups and downs recently.

Zverev is seemingly a dark horse.

I don't think Nadal has the physical capacity to get past Medvedev and then one of Djokovic/Thiem.
The serve, especially the second is painful to watch at times.

But he's said he's working on it. Probably has a week to get it right.

Bojan11

Raonic has given Djokovic some good matches before but came up short.

I think that's a little harsh on Fritz, Djokovic upped his level from the back end of the 4th set and Fritz probably understandably got a bit tight in the 5th set. Even before the injury, Fritz was playing pretty well did fine, even in the first two sets he lost. He should be annoyed he lost but not embarrassed.
Any competent player knocks out Djokovic in the end. Djokovic was helped by Fritz just hitting balls into areas where he could just let loose. Djokovics gameplan in the final set was just go for broke. Fritz didn’t move him enough or create any angles on his shots. He was just hoping Djokovic is going to miss and that’s not enough.

I seen Cillic and Wawrinka play Nadal when he was injured at the AO and they used the right strategy.

Raonic has lost to Djokovic 11 times in a row and only taken like 3 sets in those games.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think he gets it wrong a bit too often generally but the stick Djokovic gets for this sort of stuff is odd. If you could look at sets 3 & 4 and not be able to see that he was clearly hampered and struggling mentally, then I suspect you've got an axe to grind.