Tennis 2021

saivet

Is there a list of those 72 players, so I could start putting some bets already?
Some of the names have been listed but not the entirety. You could probably get an idea of who the players are by looking on social media and some quite a few are posting stories about their time.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Federer, smart guy.
Agree totally. Sure he'd go crazy locked up with 4 restless kids :lol:
I would skip the tournament as well if I were him. He's won a lot already!

Brophs

The One and Only

If Djokovic is paying people to do PR for him then I think he’d be better served spending his money buying some magic water from that Instagram maniac he palled up with during the summer.

Bojan11

I want Djokovic vs Kyrgios so badly.

Djokovic always gets to avoid him and he ends up in Nadals side constantly.

Bojan11

Tomic girlfriend is smart. She wanted attention and now she has got it with that hair washing comment because there’s no way she has never washed her hair. She has literally played the media.

saivet

Agree totally. Sure he'd go crazy locked up with 4 restless kids :lol:
I would skip the tournament as well if I were him. He's won a lot already!
When he was due to go I believe he said his family wouldn't be coming with him, plus I don't think he'd have been allowed as there is a limit on the number of people you can have with you.

Bojan11

When he was due to go I believe he said his family wouldn't be coming with him, plus I don't think he'd have been allowed as there is a limit on the number of people you can have with you.
Nadal brought his Agent, PR manager and father. As well as his physio and coach. He also wanted Moya there, but Moya wanted to stay at home with his family.

So yes there would have been space if Federer wanted to go.

saivet

Nadal brought his Agent, PR manager and father. As well as his physio and coach. He also wanted Moya there, but Moya wanted to stay at home with his family.

So yes there would have been space if Federer wanted to go.
Fair enough, I know the top men and women players were afforded more luxuries, but I didn't think he'd be allowed to bring his family of 5 plus his entourage.

From the sound of things, while I'm sure Mirka not wanting to go and take the kids was a valid reason, I'm not sure he thought he was ready fitness wise anyway. A lot of the noise coming out of the press suggested that and I think he sees Wimbledon and the Olympics as his main goal for the year and potentially coming back a little too early may have hampered him.

Bojan11

Her career is definitely over.

She is a good pundit and commentator but i have the feeling that she wouldn't say "no" to "I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here".

Her career has been over for years. It didn’t even start. I think she had her best year and then got wrist injuries the following year.

Ever since she has just been getting injured. I don’t see her coming back because she will have to start right at the bottom below the main tour and it’s not guarantee she is winning any matches there.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Her career has been over for years. It didn’t even start. I think she had her best year and then got wrist injuries the following year.

Ever since she has just been getting injured. I don’t see her coming back because she will have to start right at the bottom below the main tour and it’s not guarantee she is winning any matches there.
Well she looked at least interesting in the seasons 2012 and 2013 but injuries and especially social media were her main problems.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
No Murray in the AO, unfortunately.

saivet

I hope Federer can recover from his knee injury. More quotes in the thread below too:

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Russians power through the ATP Cup, easy win over Italians in final.

Sinner wins one Melbourne, Evans the other one.

WTA is shit, one final wasn't even played, 2nd and 3rd one had withdrawals in semis, and of course, had winners that have rested during said semis.

saivet

The back injury sounds quite worrying for Nadal if he wants to go deep into the draw.

Also if anyone in the UK doesn't have access to Eurosport, or wants to be able to watch it on multiple devices, they're offering a 99p month trial for Eurosport player on the Eurosport website.

Bojan11

Nadal should be fine.

I think he could have played the last game, but wisely decided it's Tsitipas and its not worth having a long game with him a few days before the tournament starts.

saivet

Nadal should be fine.

I think he could have played the last game, but wisely decided it's Tsitipas and its not worth having a long game with him a few days before the tournament starts.
That's what I thought but watching his press conference he said his back hasn't felt right since his first practice in Adelaide. He said it's not serious, so hopefully recovers fully but the fact it's been bothering him for a couple of weeks already is concerning.

MattofManchester

Actually thinking that Nadal will play bit probably pull out later in the Open. He's too old to risk injuries and I think he knows that. In the past he would play through it, but it's probably too risky now.

saivet

Shapo vs Sinner has lived up to expectations. Good match and now we're into a 5th set.

MattofManchester

For all the jibes and mockery Kyrgios has thrown at Djokovic, I would have loved to have seen them go head to head at AO.

I wish they set the draw so they would meet early. Instead we got Thiem-Kyrgios. Not too bad, to be fair.

saivet

No idea what they were saying but funny nonetheless.