Tennis 2021

The Hilton

I struggle to understand why you watching if this is so painfully predictable then.
I suppose you don't like Djokovic or his style which leads to your views, and that's fine, it's just not applicable to everyone that's all.
I've got it on in the background.

I admire Djokovic a lot, he's the closest thing to a tennis robot that exists, but unless he's against someone who can consistently hit the lines then I find very little entertainment in watching.

Anyway I think this is a great example of how being a fan adds to the drama - what for me is a blatantly obvious result is unpredictable and fascinating for you. A bit like England fans vs non England fans watching them win 1-0 in the Euros, at least in the group stages.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He’s so annoying djoko, it’s like a mourinho team I swear, he just wins but you end up thinking “how has he won that”.

The Hilton

18 aces and 60 plus winners so far but sure it's been Berretini hitting against a wall till he errors.. Out of 200 plus points , 33 have been decided by Berretini unforced errors.
Error != unforced error.

Sometimes it's forced, others it's an easy put away. The point is that Berretini was never winning this, simply doesn't have the weapons or consistency to hurt Djokovic.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
At least Matteo got himself a set in the final.

Just don't see him winning another one. Novak has shaken off his nerves? or whatever he had the first set.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Error != unforced error.

Sometimes it's forced, others it's an easy put away. The point is that Berretini was never winning this, simply doesn't have the weapons or consistency to hurt Djokovic.
Easy winner! = error

I didn't know a wall could force an error or put shots away but sure. The point is Berretini is putting up the best challenge to Djokovic out of anyone on tour right now. If that in a wimbledon final is not enough because Djokovic is so good he is still a heavy favorite then so be it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
:lol: Sorry for insulting your beloved in a conversation with someone else.
I think the problem stems from the fact that you automatically assume I'm a fam of Djokovic. I'm not, he's a hugely annoying prick. Claiming arguably the best male tennis player is some sort of ball pusher is a ridiculous statement. He's no Safin or Federer in terms of entertainment, but you're being silly.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I think the problem stems from the fact that you automatically assume I'm a fam of Djokovic. I'm not, he's a hugely annoying prick. Claiming arguably the best male tennis player is some sort of ball pusher is a ridiculous statement. He's no Safin or Federer in terms of entertainment, but you're being silly.
Tbf that last set he only hit 5 winners with 3 unenforced errors. He isn’t a ball pusher of course but his return is probably the best return in the history of the game.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Tbf that last set he only hit 5 winners with 3 unenforced errors. He isn’t a ball pusher of course but his return is probably the best return in the history of the game.
Yeah, he's not spectacular mostly, that's why I never root for him. He's a bit more than a wall though.

The Hilton

Easy winner! = error

I didn't know a wall could force an error or put shots away but sure. The point is Berretini is putting up the best challenge to Djokovic out of anyone on tour right now. If that in a wimbledon final is not enough because Djokovic is so good he is still a heavy favorite then so be it.
Biggest challenge out of anyone doesn't make it any kind of challenge. Berretini was beaten before he set foot on the court.

Still, to you as a Djokovic fan this procession is entertaining, to me it isn't, why that offended you enough that you had to post "give up on tennis it isn't for you" I don't understand.

The Hilton

Why wouldn't the best player be a pusher? It's the highest percentage strategy really.

Besides he isn't just a pusher, obviously, but he is the best in the world by far at getting the ball back, and can fall back on that even when he isn't playing well.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why wouldn't the best player be a pusher? It's the highest percentage strategy really.

Besides he isn't just a pusher, obviously, but he is the best in the world by far at getting the ball back, and can fall back on that even when he isn't playing well.
Yeah fair enough then. He's definitely so successful because of his defense. Defense alone only gets you so far though. Bit like early career Andy Murray, who could simply outlast every player without a big weapon.

SirAnderson

I never even intended to be a fan of Novak, which, when I started watching tennis, I was (and still am I suppose) a glory fan, attracted to whoever was winning most.
Found myself cheering on for Federer against Nadal when it was maybe at Wimbledon, or cheering on Nadal against Federer when it was on clay.
Usually even rooted for them both when they used to come up against Novak.

I feel the incredible hatred for the guy (and even his style, anything really to put hate on him by some) softened my stance and view of him over timr to the point where I felt I needed to root for him cause everyone was just against him all the time.
Even now, the crowd almost always sides with his opponents. A lot I'm sure he has brought on to himself, with his antics or views etc, which is what it is.

Helped that he actually had the goods to be good enough to catch up to them eventually otherwise it would have been very frustrating to watch I imagine and I would probably have not supported him as much so I could enjoy watching without the pain of your player losing all the time.

Bit like having to support Murray when he tried to break it in with these 3 looking back in hindsight, thankfully I just couldn't get myself to root for Murray, as sometimes you can't always choose what you feel for a player, to an extent.

Basically what I'm saying is I probably would have been more a fan of either of Nadal or Federer more than I would Novak if he wasn't hated (or whatever it is people have against him) so much. It's probably a stupid reason, but that's how I got here if I think about it.

Even now, I still wish Federer could have won his last wimbledon title or at least get 1 more grand slam so he can retired on a high, and still hope for it, but doubt it will happen. Same goes for Nadal.

I thought the Messi and Ronaldo salt was bad, but this is right up there with mess between those 2 sets of fans.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Biggest challenge out of anyone doesn't make it any kind of challenge. Berretini was beaten before he set foot on the court.

Still, to you as a Djokovic fan this procession is entertaining, to me it isn't, why that offended you enough that you had to post "give up on tennis it isn't for you" I don't understand.
Calm your tits, you haven't offended me at all. If you consider this a procession and watching paint dry then I stand by my statement. You don't have to listen to me of course. Keep watching whatever you want.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Novak Djokovic is simply the best tennis player in history, for me he has usurped Federer, or at least will if he wins this final.

The Hilton

Djokovic fans are a bit precious arent they. :lol:
Yeah it reminds me so much of the Chelsea fans on the caf telling us why they weren't actually defensive when they won their most recent title under Mourinho. It isn't enough to be the best, or to enjoy it, but everyone else has to feel the same way too.

The Hilton

Calm your tits, you haven't offended me at all. If you consider this a procession and watching paint dry then I stand by my statement. You don't have to listen to me of course. Keep watching whatever you want.
Calm my tits? You're the one who "wasn't offended" enough to make a post that tennis isn't for me. But then for me Djokovic isn't the be all and end all of tennis, maybe that's where we differ, and would explain why you're so precious about perceived insults to him.

Sylar

Novak Djokovic is simply the best tennis player in history, for me he has usurped Federer, or at least will if he wins this final.
I would agree with this. A bulk of djokovic titles have come mostly with Federer and nadal still playing well or at their peak

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Calm my tits? You're the one who "wasn't offended" enough to make a post that tennis isn't for me. But then for me Djokovic isn't the be all and end all of tennis, maybe that's where we differ, and would explain why you're so precious about perceived insults to him.
You're really trying your best to make a point aren't you precious. Last reply before you go on the ignore list. I've watched tennis well before Djokovic and will watch it long after he retires hopefully. I am a fan of the sport therefore will obviously be a fan of one of if not the greatest player of all time.