Tennis 2021

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
US Open starting today. Murray vs Tsisipas about to start

Incredible tennis from Murray in the first. Up a double break.

Last edited:

Balljy

Murray is so quick around the court today, he somehow seems to have got that zip back in his game.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
In other British tennis news, Konta no longer British no 1. Watson back in.

It's getting tiresome with her

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
This second set will be key. Looking like it might head to a tie break with both players serving well.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Not unexpected but then again she's not in the spotlight as much as Konta. The British media will heap all the pressure and expectation on Raducanu ...watch!
Yeah the gutter press will love plastering her all over their rags win or lose.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Terrible time to double fault for murray at 7-7 in the tie break. Tsisipas takes the second set.

Brophs

The One and Only
For anyone not watching this, get it on. Tsitsipas took an 8 min comfort break after the fourth and Murray was pissed off about it. When he returned he sat down and Murray screamed at him to get up. Murray was then broken in the first game and just said of him “he is cheating”. Decent aggro, tbf.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
For anyone not watching this, get it on. Tsitsipas took an 8 min comfort break after the fourth and Murray was pissed off about it. When he returned he sat down and Murray screamed at him to get up. Murray was then broken in the first game and just said of him “he is cheating”. Decent aggro, tbf.
Yeah eff that. You're either fit enough to play or you're not.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeah i'd be pissed if I was Murray too. Tsisipas currently up a break at 3-2 in the decider. Serving for the match now

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Think these quotes from Tsitsipas tell you all you need to know:

"I don't think I broke any rules," he said. "I played by the guidelines, how everything is. Yeah, definitely something for both of us to kind of chat about and make sure. I don't know how my opponent feels when I'm out there playing the match. It's not really my priority.

"As far as I'm playing by the rules and sticking to what the ATP says is fair, then the rest is fine."

Did I abuse a bathroom break to throw off him off? Sure did!

Some athletes do it in the spirit of the game, others look to every advantage to win. As a North American/Brit I appreciate the former more, but it's definitely cultural.

LDUred

"I don't think I broke any rules," he said. "I played by the guidelines, how everything is. Yeah, definitely something for both of us to kind of chat about and make sure. I don't know how my opponent feels when I'm out there playing the match. It's not really my priority.

"As far as I'm playing by the rules and sticking to what the ATP says is fair, then the rest is fine."

Some athletes do it in the spirit of the game, others look to every advantage to win. As a North American/Brit I appreciate the former more, but it's definitely cultural.
Totally agree. Novak is probably the classic example of someone taking tactical bathroom breaks/medical timeouts and then coming back supercharged, but Stef is pushing him close.

The amount of times it works means Murray has every right to be angry. Plus, 8 minutes is a joke.

Jagga7

Murray is 100% right, there is no time limit between sets and some players take the utter piss.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This was such a good match. Best I've seen Murray play since his comeback.
Shame it's ended with the bathroom break saga. Stefanos really getting himself a rep here..

Beachryan

Totally agree. Novak is probably the classic example of someone taking tactical bathroom breaks/medical timeouts and then coming back supercharged, but Stef is pushing him close.

The amount of times it works means Murray has every right to be angry. Plus, 8 minutes is a joke.
Yeah, plus Novak's toss 'issues' which I maintain to this day are gamesmanship. What are you gonna do though.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Medvedev looking good. Might be him or Zverev who will be Djokovics greatest threat.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea

It's not.
If you are a winner you do everything to win the game. If you are a sore loser like Murray, then you cry afterwards like a bloody rookie.
For me it's simple. Murray lost his compousure and let Tsitsipas get under his skin. He is mentally weak.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

The bolded bit is part of the quote? I don't see what's wrong with what he's said. Murray seems to be crying after a defeat.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I do like when absolute nobodies call an Olympic champion and multi time grand slam winner “mentally weak”.

Surprised this is even a debate. Using a BATHROOM BREAK (clue is in the name) as a tactical device to make your opponent cramp up/get in their mind is pretty awful. Also not to mention potentially getting coaching on their phone.

amolbhatia50k

I do like when absolute nobodies call an Olympic champion and multi time grand slam winner “mentally weak”.

Surprised this is even a debate. Using a BATHROOM BREAK (clue is in the name) as a tactical device to make your opponent cramp up/get in their mind is pretty awful. Also not to mention potentially getting coaching on their phone.
It's allowed no mater how much one sobs about it. Change the rules so you (not you) don't have to sob no more.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He was also attacking his opponent.
I thought he was very gracious and even self depreciating in his comments he could have been far worse in “attacking his opponent“ and I don’t think thats really a fair reflection of what he did. He said he doesn’t like that an opponent can do that but maybe that is just his disappointment and he’s interested to know what the wider world of tennis thinks about it and whether rules should be brought in to curb it.

amolbhatia50k

I thought he was very gracious and even self depreciating in his comments he could have been far worse in “attacking his opponent“ and I don’t think thats really a fair reflection of what he did. He said he doesn’t like that an opponent can do that but maybe that is just his disappointment and he’s interested to know what the wider world of tennis thinks about it and whether rules should be brought in to curb it.
Didn't he yell at him during the match?

Baxter

Especially an athlete who’s had massive injury problems and come back from a career threatening surgery after looking all but nailed on for retirement. Mentally weak :lol:.

Beachryan

And all those saying well 'its in the rules stop sobbing' - bet they love it when we're down to a weaker opponent and they start feigning injury in the 55th minute. They applaud the cheater as simply leveraging the flawed rules of the game.

There is value in sport to in sportsmanship. For the spectator but also the athletes themselves. You can push the limits of it for sure and still win, but the manner in which you do so is what differentiates legends from others, imo.