Tennis 2021

Suedesi

Carlos Alcaraz is a bright star. I can see him beat whoever comes out of the Tiafoe / FAA match and then who knows.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I think he loses to FAA. Will be a fun match though. Zverev vs Sinner should be a great match as well.

Suedesi

Great job Barbora Keejcikova! She was in some sort of pain and had to close out the game in second set tiebreak - don’t think she would have survived a third set. Krajcikova almost collapsed on her seat and she had to be helped off the court by doctors as she appeared to be in some major physical discomfort. The ESPN commentators kept questioning why she was taking so long between serves - idiots.

Last edited:

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Carlos Alcaraz is a bright star. I can see him beat whoever comes out of the Tiafoe / FAA match and then who knows.
If only he didn’t have such a boring haircut. And he doesn’t seem to know how to close his mouth!

Decent player though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
First time since 2004 a Dutch man is in the quarters of a slam. Quite sure he will be shot to pieces by Medvedev, but still, quite impressive he beat Schwarzman

Suedesi

If only he didn’t have such a boring haircut. And he doesn’t seem to know how to close his mouth!

Decent player though.
Alcaraz is such a goofball. I love the 1 inch forehead, the unibrow, the acne all over the face. Smells like teen spirit

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Can't see anything other than a Zverev vs Medvedev final tbh.

saivet

Can't see anything other than a Zverev vs Medvedev final tbh.
What do you see happening with Djokovic?

I think there's a decent chance he loses to either Berrettini or Zverev but I'd still have him as the favorite.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Zverev looking good. 2 sets up and just casually saved 2 set points. Still duece at 5-6 third set though

Balljy

Raducanu is beginning to look seriously impressive. 8 games in a row and the quarters looking likely.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
What do you see happening with Djokovic?

I think there's a decent chance he loses to either Berrettini or Zverev but I'd still have him as the favorite.
Can never rule out Djokovic but I don't think hes playing well enough.

Can see him having a hard game vs Berrettini but advancing whilst Zverev the on form player breezing his QF. Zverev to beat Djokovic in 4 sets.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This Raducanu is a bit special isn't she? Opponent beat Ash Barty and she's just won 9 straight games v her!

Honestly think she can win US open with what she's showing tonight.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
First time since 2004 a Dutch man is in the quarters of a slam. Quite sure he will be shot to pieces by Medvedev, but still, quite impressive he beat Schwarzman
Was that Sjeng Schalken or Verkek who I think got to French Open final around that time.

Dan_F

Some of the winners being hit are just ridiculous. I don’t see how she will be able to stay so aggressive in semis and finals. As a Brit, it’s quite a nice change of pace after watching 10 years of Murray playing defensive tennis.

Brophs

The One and Only
Based on what I’ve seen, Raducanu’s level the last two matches is higher than anything else that’s been played at this tournament this year. I’m not saying she’ll win it and I suspect that, being this attacking, even a few % of a dropoff will reduce the margin sufficiently to knock her off her perch but if she can keep this up for three more matches I don’t think anyone beats her. But I can see some clever players giving her lots of off pace balls and general junk and she might not know how to solve it in the moment.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What is with the US' obsession with 9 ft tall players. I get that it makes serving easier, but you only serve in half the games.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This Raducanu is a bit special isn't she? Opponent beat Ash Barty and she's just won 9 straight games v her!

Honestly think she can win US open with what she's showing tonight.
Watched all her games at Wimbledon and what impressed me was coping with the pressure (home player at Wimbledon) and fearless on shots ... just keeps going for them.

If she progresses, you can see her winning slam comps very quickly. With the way the draw and seeds are going, got a good shot at this one.

Brophs

The One and Only
Well now…

I suspect Djokovic will win this in four sets, relatively comfortably, after the first set speed bump, as he sometimes needs these jolts before really warming to the task.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Djokovic loses the first set 6-1.

Yes you read that correctly. On hard court at the US Open vs Brooksby..

LDUred

Watched all her games at Wimbledon and what impressed me was coping with the pressure (home player at Wimbledon) and fearless on shots ... just keeps going for them.

If she progresses, you can see her winning slam comps very quickly. With the way the draw and seeds are going, got a good shot at this one.
In the presser she has done today she came across as intelligent, confident, and composed. Can't be easy to do after beating a home player who had just upset the world no. 1.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Men's quarterfinals are set:

Djokovic vs Berretini
Zverev vs Harris
FAA vs Alcaraz
Medvedev vs Dutch guy

Women's quarterfinals are:

Radacanu vs Bencic
Svitolina vs Fernandez
Sabalenka vs Krejcikova
Pliskova vs the winner of sakkari vs andreescu

Suedesi

Very hard fought match between Sakkari and Andreescu. Sakkari deservedly moves on.

Djokovic game was good until mid second set. Then the Serb figured Brooksby out and the momentum completely shifted. Think he will beat Berretini but might struggle against Zverev.

Medvedev has been doing great, albeit against weak opponents. Think he will be in the final.

Dan_F

Raducanu has star power
Nike must be rubbing their hands together right now. You wouldn’t have even known she was playing an American last night, the crowd seemed 50/50 the whole way through.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
In the presser she has done today she came across as intelligent, confident, and composed. Can't be easy to do after beating a home player who had just upset the world no. 1.
in the last year, she was missing some tournaments to make sure she spent time on her A levels (A‘s in Maths and Economics). Can’t imagine many teens with that level of tennis talent not binning off education.
Nike must be rubbing their hands together right now. You wouldn’t have even known she was playing an American last night, the crowd seemed 50/50 the whole way through.
Very natural, unassuming, aggressive style of play, good looking... a marketing persons dream? Starts winning tournaments too and it’ll go through the roof - hope she stays balanced but does come across as someone who would.

Had to come through qualifying too… doubt that’ll be needed in the future once new rankings done.

fergieisold

Based on what I’ve seen, Raducanu’s level the last two matches is higher than anything else that’s been played at this tournament this year. I’m not saying she’ll win it and I suspect that, being this attacking, even a few % of a dropoff will reduce the margin sufficiently to knock her off her perch but if she can keep this up for three more matches I don’t think anyone beats her. But I can see some clever players giving her lots of off pace balls and general junk and she might not know how to solve it in the moment.
I think if someone can slow her down, disrupt her game it'll be great to see how she responds. At the moment she's just blasting people off the court! Amazing to watch!

Suedesi

Well yeah. Half Romanian, half Chinese, born in Toronto and grew up in Britain... young, stylish, good player.... she covers all the basis ;-)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Zandschulp playing some fine tennis. He will almost certainly lose this, but the fact he can give Medvedev a game is quite impressive.

saivet

Zandschulp playing some fine tennis. He will almost certainly lose this, but the fact he can give Medvedev a game is quite impressive.
And then followed by quickest set of the tournament. Even if the third set ends the same way as the 2nd Zandschulp has had a cracking tournament.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
And then followed by quickest set of the tournament. Even if the third set ends the same way as the 2nd Zandschulp has had a cracking tournament.
Oh wow, I turned it off after the first set, but the 2nd is already over :lol:

Still, definitely a once in a lifetime achievement to get to the quarters. He really isn't very good.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Seemed dead at 0-1 and 0-30, but actually a break up now. Let's see if he can nick a set.

saivet

Oh wow, I turned it off after the first set, but the 2nd is already over :lol:

Still, definitely a once in a lifetime achievement to get to the quarters. He really isn't very good.
Funny game tennis, he's now won the 3rd set :lol:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Medvedev very sloppy in the third. Well done to the Dutch player though it will be his last set for this us open I suspect.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Medvedev very sloppy in the third. Well done to the Dutch player though it will be his last set for this us open I suspect.
I like how this dude has such a silly Dutch last name no one actually bothers typing it (myself included).

saivet

In some ways that was a good test for Medvedev as he's had it pretty easy going before this round. Being undercooked against Novak could work against him as I would fully expect him to beat FAA or Alcaraz in the SFs.