Tennis 2021

Dan_F

She's definitely won as much and on the level as everyone mentioned so far. I'm convinced.

No problem with it, if that's what we're going to relate Emma with going forward.
I didn’t realise there was some kind of rule on when people are allowed to refer to someone by their first name.

You’ve genuinely lost me in terms of the point you’re making.

Balljy

I didn’t realise there was some kind of rule on when people are allowed to refer to someone by their first name.

You’ve genuinely lost me in terms of the point you’re making.
I think my point is that first name comes with winning things multiple times so when you say "Rafa" everyone knows who you're talking about rather than someone at the start of a hopefully successful career.

Also, I'm drunk so I'm definitely talking rubbish.

Dante

Average bang
Who's the favourite? I can see the bookies have Raducanu odds on. But is that what everyone here thinks?

Dan_F

I think my point is that first name comes with winning things multiple times so when you say "Rafa" everyone knows who you're talking about rather than someone at the start of a hopefully successful career.

Also, I'm drunk so I'm definitely talking rubbish.
I’d say so. It’s more likely that someone said Emma and I just replied using the same name :lol:

saivet

Who's the favourite? I can see the bookies have Raducanu odds on. But is that what everyone here thinks?
It's difficult to say really and a near 50/50 but if I had to choose one, I'd say Raducanu because I think she's been a lot more convincing in her matches plus she won their only previous meeting at Wimbledon juniors.

That said, Fernandez has had a much tougher route to the final and has had been properly tested so possibly, so she is arguably better equipped for a tough battle. You could spin it the other way and think she may be mentally or physically more tired than Raducanu as well.

Put it simply, I don't have a fecking clue :lol:

saivet

Excellent first set from Zverev but we've seen plenty go a set up and lose to Novak.

Both served very well in the set too

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Nice second set from Djokovic, but the quality of tennis has been a little sub par in these first two sets

saivet

That should be that. May give this another few games and then call it a night.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Zverev should be proud to make Nole grunting for first time in this tournament. :lol:

saivet

Okay early break..I'll stick with it.

Zverev probably deserves a 5th set on balance. Quite a few missed chances in that 3rd set.

saivet

I'm calling it a night now. Expect Novak to see it through from here.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
One match away from cementing his Goat status. Only Medvedev stands between Djokovic and the slam record and calendar slam .

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Another day, another victory for Nole. We will probably see total domination on Sunday just like the AO 2021 final.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Greatest mentality in sports history. Nice to see the crowd behind him finally

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Greatest hyperbole in sports commentary
Nah, Djokovic is beyond elite considering he’s had the crowd against him more than any other star player for most of his career. Beyond incredible.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Zverev: Mentally, he is the greatest ever. In the key moments, I’d rather play anyone but him. #USOpen

Zverev: I do believe that Novak will do it on Sunday. If you look at everything, he is the GOAT. #USOpen