Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traub

Went to an interview whilst knowing he was positive. Utterly negligent and surely even criminal?
Either that or faked a COVID positive test. I'm actually starting to think he faked the test.

Withnail

I’ve seen enough episodes of Border Security: Australia’s Front Line to know that this excuse is like a red flag to a bull for immigration agents. The form is your responsibility and yours alone, it makes zero difference if someone else filled it out for you!
It's a bit of a joke. If he was some lad from China he'd have been on the first flight back. They don't take any shit at all.

Yeah but If he is clearly willing to break the rules in his own country, among his fellow Serbs, one could assume he won’t be too bothered about doing the same in Australia.

He should 100% be booted.

saivet

What was the reason he got a PCR test in the first place? Did he have symptoms? And considering this entire thing now rests on public opinion I think this does impact the decision to remove him.
He didn't have any symptoms but he went to a basketball game and a number of people tested positive on 16th Dec. There's quite a few pictures of him there and there wasn't social distancing or masks being worn.

Rooney24

What was the reason he got a PCR test in the first place? Did he have symptoms? And considering this entire thing now rests on public opinion I think this does impact the decision to remove him.
According to him the time line of events is as follows:
  1. 14th December he went to a basketball game in Belgrade where people subsequently tested positive
  2. He said he then took a Rapid Antigen test on the 16th which was negative and he didnt have symptoms
  3. "Out of Caution" he went for a PCR test on the 16th
  4. 17th December he went to the tennis event with all the kids. He says he did a negative Rapid Antigen test before going and didnt have the PCR result at this stage
  5. He received the PCR result after the Tennis event with the kids
  6. 18th December he went to the L'Equipe photoshoot despite now having the PCR result and knowing he was positive.

wr8_utd

:'(
According to him the time line of events is as follows:
  1. 14th December he went to a basketball game in Belgrade where people subsequently tested positive
  2. He said he then took a Rapid Antigen test on the 16th which was negative and he didnt have symptoms
  3. "Out of Caution" he went for a PCR test on the 16th
  4. 17th December he went to the tennis event with all the kids. He says he did a negative Rapid Antigen test before going and didnt have the PCR result at this stage
  5. He received the PCR result after the Tennis event with the kids
  6. 18th December he went to the L'Equipe photoshoot despite knowing he was positive.
This is the one I have doubts believing. In his interview during immigration procedures he has stated that the result came in on the 16th at 8pm. I really find it hard to believe he'd go through the effort of doing an antigen test but wouldn't look to see if his RT PCR report is ready? And I find it harder to believe that someone like Djokovic didn't have the report made available to him immediately or atleast within a couple of hours. He's admitted to going on the 18th knowing he was positive but I don't think he wanted to admit that he did the same on 17th knowing the backlash that would cause. Further, he knew he was positive later and had met those kids and never put out any post on social media annoucing his result and asking people to isolate? Strikes me as odd.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
This is the one I have doubts believing. In his interview during immigration procedures he has stated that the result came in on the 16th at 8pm. I really find it hard to believe he'd go through the effort of doing an antigen test but wouldn't look to see if his RT PCR report is ready? And I find it harder to believe that someone like Djokovic didn't have the report made available to him immediately or atleast within a couple of hours. He's admitted to going on the 18th knowing he was positive but I don't think he wanted to admit that he did the same on 17th knowing the backlash that would cause. Further, he knew he was positive later and had met those kids and never put out any post on social media annoucing his result and asking people to isolate? Strikes me as odd.
The only odd thing is you believing that there is any truth in his statement. The PCR test is most probably fake (it is valid but I bet he did not get tested). The story has been fabricated afterwards, so of course there are a few things that don't add up.

Rooney24

His story is a load of balls.

He has either faked his test or he has went to that event with kids knowing he was positive.

He clearly just doesn’t want to admit to that.

Infra-red

So, to summarise, Djokovic:
  • Admits he is not vaccinated and has no valid medical exemption from vaccination, which is required for entry into Australia.
  • Admits that he did not isolate after testing positive for Covid in December, as he was required to do under Serbian law.
  • Admits that his affidavit to the Australian federal circuit court on Monday that he was both “tested and diagnosed” on 16 December is false.
  • Admits that he provided false information to the Australian authorities regarding his travel to Spain/Serbia in the 14 days prior to his arrival in Australia.
  • Despite of all of the above, is still allowed in the country!
They should throw him out and tell him not to bother trying to come back before at least 2025. He's an absolute dickhead.

wr8_utd

The only odd thing is you believing that there is any truth in his statement. The PCR test is most probably fake (it is valid but I bet he did not get tested). The story has been fabricated afterwards, so of course there are a few things that don't add up.
Ofcourse I do have strong doubts about the test being legit but even if you do give him the benefit of the doubt, the rest of it just doesn't add up.

wr8_utd

If any of the Aussies here can vouch for this handles authenticity?

There is no way they can allow him in without completely undermining the last 2 years of strict public policy on Covid.

ZDwyr

If any of the Aussies here can vouch for this handles authenticity?
Have honestly never heard of this guy (am Australian). None of the people I have been following for news on this case have reported anything. Not saying that what he is saying isn't true, however, but I'll believe it when I see it.

owlo

Boris isn’t out of bed yet. The morning is young.
Fecking hell, this is nostradamous level stuff. Couldn't even laugh at the Aussies for 24 hours before Bozo the clown 5 upped scotty.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Never going to get prosecuted in Serbia
I am not even sure who has jurisdiction over him. He has our passport, but his country of residence is Monaco (don't think he is likely to get prosecuted there either).

It happening here would spark literal riots, which is a good indicator of why this country is stuck at the bottom of Europe in most areas of life, with no real hope of ever leaving it.

Apart from him being a God-like figure here, there is also the fact that a lot of people sympathize with his "fight", as they see Covid and vaccines as one big global conspiracy. I am talking about 20-35% of the population.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I am not even sure who has jurisdiction over him. He has our passport, but his country of residence is Monaco (don't think he is likely to get prosecuted there either).

It happening here would spark literal riots, which is a good indicator of why this country is stuck at the bottom of Europe in most areas of life, with no real hope of ever leaving it.

Apart from him being a God-like figure here, there is also the fact that a lot of people sympathize with his "fight", as they see Covid and vaccines as one big global conspiracy. I am talking about 20-35% of the population.
Don't feel too bad, he has cheerleaders all over the place. Nationalism is hysterical and so are a lot of anti-vaxxers so it's a heady mix.

Brophs

The One and Only
There’s a Serbian woman who works with my wife (the sort of person who adds you as a FB friend within seconds of your first meeting) and she’s posting some pretty wild stuff on FB. I don’t really actually encounter many of these people in real life.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
There’s a Serbian woman who works with my wife (the sort of person who adds you as a FB friend within seconds of your first meeting) and she’s posting some pretty wild stuff on FB. I don’t really actually encounter many of these people in real life.
I don't encounter many people in general but sadly dotted 'round here we have quite the selection loons. The hippy-laden North West is the Florida/Queensland of this rain-soaked isle. Leitrim seems to be worse than Sligo. In terms of numbers, they are not plentiful but they are quite activist and tediously vocal.

InfiniteBoredom

Aussie Serbs (some) are actually saying they will leave the country if Novaxx is deported.

I’m not sure if it’s a Balkan thing or these people just have the emotional maturity of a toddler.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Aussie Serbs (some) are actually saying they will leave the country if Novaxx is deported.

I’m not sure if it’s a Balkan thing or these people just have the emotional maturity of a toddler.
It's astounding, not related to this exactly but with Anti Vax and Covid broadly; I've watched some people I know not give a toss for three decades of global war, corruption, poverty and death and no suddenly they are (mis)quoting Constitutional Law and screaming like William Wallace about Freedom and Oppression.

Revan

Assumptionman

Balkan thingy in general, would have expected similar if Novaxx was Croatian or Albanian, for example.

Godfather

fecking idiots. How anyone could come to a different conclusion than that Djokovic as acted as a huge fecking asshole during this is beyond me. No matter the nationality.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I suspect I encounter a lot of them.

Would you mind sharing some of her FB thoughts?

Denis79

It's very much an Ex Yugoslavs from Australia or the US thing. I've met a few fellow countrymen from Australia and the US and many of them they are an odd bunch. They have more pride in our culture and country than we do ourselves.

Hopefully they stay put, we don't want them here.

ExoduS

All right guys. As a Novak fan I was ok with you criticizing him and I was taking all that well and I think respectfully. Calling him deragotary names and of that. All is cool with that.
Now you are moving onto criticizing entire region as we are some sort of outcast from the entire World. That is not ok and I think you should stop with that.
We are odd bunch ? Wow. As united fans or whatever you are go tell that to Nemanja Vidic and Nemanja Matic.

It is fecked up what you started doing with bashing Serbia and entire region because of Novak situation in Australia.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It's very much an Ex Yugoslavs from Australia or the US thing. I've met a few fellow countrymen from Australia and the US and many of them they are an odd bunch. They have more pride in our culture and country than we do ourselves.

Hopefully they stay put, we don't want them here.
Ah, Irish Ex-Pats and I presume most, are the same, they have a sickening take on home. Overly romanticised on one hand but underpinned with an odd twist that legitimises them actually leaving.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
All right guys. As a Novak fan I was ok with you criticizing him and I was taking all that well and I think respectfully. Calling him deragotary names and of that. All is cool with that.
Now you are moving onto criticizing entire region as we are some sort of outcast from the entire World. That is not ok and I think you should stop with that.
We are odd bunch ? Wow. As united fans or whatever you are go tell that to Nemanja Vidic and Nemanja Matic.

It is fecked up what you started doing with bashing Serbia and entire region because of Novak situation in Australia.
Vidic was nuts in all fairness.

Denis79

Ah, Irish Ex-Pats and I presume most, are the same, they have a sickening take on home. Overly romanticised on one hand but underpinned with an odd twist that legitimises them actually leaving.
Spot on.

Rooney24

I believe the "Odd bunch" post was by a poster who is actually from Serbia to be fair. I could be wrong.

Withnail

pfft are they really going to leave their Aussie paradise for winters in eastern europe?
I believe the "Odd bunch" post was by a poster who is actually from Serbia to be fair. I could be wrong.
Well yeah he said fellow countrymen and that he didn't want the Aussie Serbs 'coming here' so it strongly suggests he's Serbian or from that region.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
How was he nuts ? By fighting with his heart and souls for United? What do you mean by nuts anyway ?
I was joking, as you see from my posts in this thread, I don't see Serbs as any different from any other nationalists, anti-vaxxers or ex-pats, just that anyone who is a mix of all three is possibly a bit excitable.

Denis79

pfft are they really going to leave their Aussie paradise for winters in eastern europe?

Well yeah he said fellow countrymen and that he didn't want the Aussie Serbs 'coming here' so it strongly suggests he's Serbian or from that region.
To be fair @ExoduS was referring to the post I responded to because I didn't enjoy being put in the same basket as Aussie Serbs either.

Status
Not open for further replies.