Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
I suspect I encounter a lot of them.

Would you mind sharing some of her FB thoughts?
The last two are:

Friends!! If @noledjoker (I’ve since noticed that’s not his Twitter handle, so I dunno what poor cnut she’s been tweeting) is thrown out from Australia what can we do?!?!?!? I have spoken to my uncle who is a medical doctor in Serbia and he says @noledjoker is least likely man to give Covid in all the world. HE HAVE COVID SOME WEEKS AGO!!!! Come on man. Give us a break. Maybe problem is when the world sees what Serbia do they don’t ever like it. For sure wouldn’t happen on Rafa Nadal (syringe emoji) What do you think friends??????
and

So angry about what Australia is doing on @noledjoker I phoned into sick today from work (she then posted loads of those angry snorting emojis and one picture of a typewriter, for some reason). Be strong friends.

Denis79

Well they directly referred to your odd bunch comment and seemed to be under the impression that non-Serbs were slandering the whole region.
I was slandering Australians-Serbs. Most of them doing the 'drama-queen' act over there are actually born in Australia.

Someone wrote something in the lines of ' I’m not sure if it’s a Balkan thing or these people just have the emotional maturity of a toddler.' So I responded to that by distancing myself from them.

Conor

All right guys. As a Novak fan I was ok with you criticizing him and I was taking all that well and I think respectfully. Calling him deragotary names and of that. All is cool with that.
Now you are moving onto criticizing entire region as we are some sort of outcast from the entire World. That is not ok and I think you should stop with that.
We are odd bunch ? Wow. As united fans or whatever you are go tell that to Nemanja Vidic and Nemanja Matic.

It is fecked up what you started doing with bashing Serbia and entire region because of Novak situation in Australia.
If I've learned anything from this situation, it's that some Serbian people seem to get overly vitriolic on topics, thanks for confirming.

ExoduS

If I've learned anything from this situation, it's that some Serbian people seem to get overly vitriolic on topics, thanks for confirming.
A big word there. I must admit that I had to use dictionary to find what it means. How am I implying bitter criticism or malice? By asking that you stop making comments here about Serbians based on Novak's personal decision?

Anyhow. I am out of here. Peace.

Withnail

I was slandering Australians-Serbs. Most of them doing the 'drama-queen' act over there are actually born in Australia.

Someone wrote something in the lines of ' I’m not sure if it’s a Balkan thing or these people just have the emotional maturity of a toddler.' So I responded to that by distancing myself from them.
I'm aware of all of that but the other bloke misread your post, assumed you weren't from the region and had a bit of a rant directly referencing what you said.

I had been trying to clear up the misunderstanding but that doesn't seem to be working so I'll leave it.

Denis79

I'm aware of all of that but the other bloke misread your post, assumed you weren't from the region and had a bit of a rant directly referencing what you said.

I had been trying to clear up the misunderstanding but that doesn't seem to be working so I'll leave it.
@ExoduS knows I'm Serb, he responded to the same post I did. Just a misunderstanding that other posters thought he was responding to me, no biggie.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think @ExoduS has been pretty consistently dissatisfied with the choices Novak has made with respect to vaccinations and his general lack of care about infecting others.

Rooney24

@ExoduS knows I'm Serb, he responded to the same post I did. Just a misunderstanding that other posters thought he was responding to me, no biggie.
He was quite clearly responding to you thats why.

I've met a few fellow countrymen from Australia and the US and many of them they are an odd bunch.
We are odd bunch ? Wow. As united fans or whatever you are go tell that to Nemanja Vidic and Nemanja Matic.

It is fecked up what you started doing with bashing Serbia and entire region because of Novak situation in Australia.

The Firestarter

All right guys. As a Novak fan I was ok with you criticizing him and I was taking all that well and I think respectfully. Calling him deragotary names and of that. All is cool with that.
Now you are moving onto criticizing entire region as we are some sort of outcast from the entire World. That is not ok and I think you should stop with that.

You're an odd poster.

InfiniteBoredom

pfft are they really going to leave their Aussie paradise for winters in eastern europe?
Tbf winter in Eastern Europe sounds pretty enticing compared to the weather we are having here.

Also my post wasn’t meant to be a gross generalisation of Serbs or Australian Serbs as a whole, but if you are willing to uproot yourself and your family over someone who hits balls for a living being treated a bit mean, then there’s clearly something wrong happening along the way.

Camilo

Fingers crossed he gets to play. Doesn't affect me at all, and I like tennis.

Jack-C20

From what I can tell Novak broke some rules and should probably get booted out.

With that said who’s the second favourite I should be putting money on?

Tarrou

146k followers. Is he reliable though? There have been rumors that he will be deported tomorrow. Going to be an interesting day.
well he's not some rando at least, been a political journalist in Aus for decades..

we'll soon find out

wr8_utd

:'(
From what I can tell Novak broke some rules and should probably get booted out.

With that said who’s the second favourite I should be putting money on?
I'd still put money on Novak getting off and playing but if not him, Medvedev is surely favorite.

Jack-C20

I'd still put money on Novak getting off and playing but if not him, Medvedev is surely favorite.
Wasn’t sure if the odds on Novak would get any better with the rumours coming out tonight or not. Think I’ll go for Medvedev and hope for the best.

saivet

Wasn’t sure if the odds on Novak would get any better with the rumours coming out tonight or not. Think I’ll go for Medvedev and hope for the best.
Doesn't make much of a difference as if they deport him, any bets to for him win it are void. Betting on someone else is another story.

Jack-C20

Doesn't make much of a difference as if they deport him, any bets to for him win it are void. Betting on someone else is another story.
I just thought the odds might get better with these rumours flying about that he’ll get kicked out, only to stay and win it. Doesn’t matter much when you bet £5 at a time like me :lol:

massi83

Isn't this a great betting situation then? Basicly bet on all the favourites, including Djok. If he stays you lose a bit on the others but get a great price on him, maybe total effect of -2%. If he is deported, all the others are something like +30% in expected value and you get money back from Djok. So if the chance of deportation is more than 10% it should be clearly profitable. Any mistake there from me?

saivet

Isn't this a great betting situation then? Basicly bet on all the favourites, including Djok. If he stays you lose a bit on the others but get a great price on him, maybe total effect of -2%. If he is deported, all the others are something like +30% in expected value and you get money back from Djok. So if the chance of deportation is more than 10% it should be clearly profitable. Any mistake there from me?
Yeah, you're probably right. If I was still gambling I'd definitely consider putting money on Medvedev and Zverev to win the title.

massi83

Yeah, you're probably right. If I was still gambling I'd definitely consider putting money on Medvedev and Zverev to win the title.
Seems like Betfair is cross-matching, so wouldn't work unfortunately.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

If any of the Aussies here can vouch for this handles authenticity?
Not a new fake account but I don't think he knows any more or less than the rest of us.

Although others are also reporting this so maybe he does know something.

Last edited:

Zen

Seems like Betfair is cross-matching, so wouldn't work unfortunately.
Well in theory - it would work. But you're too late on the others, the swings have already happened, and there's little left. I'd say your best bet is to trade on Djokovic.

For instance, and not a tip - back Djokovic £100 now at 2.90, he could feasible drop back to 2.60 if he's confirmed. So lay him at that = £11.50 profit etc. Very dependent on it being a void market should he not be there, but I'd guess it is.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I am not even sure who has jurisdiction over him. He has our passport, but his country of residence is Monaco (don't think he is likely to get prosecuted there either).

It happening here would spark literal riots, which is a good indicator of why this country is stuck at the bottom of Europe in most areas of life, with no real hope of ever leaving it.

Apart from him being a God-like figure here, there is also the fact that a lot of people sympathize with his "fight", as they see Covid and vaccines as one big global conspiracy. I am talking about 20-35% of the population.
Probably not going to happen but.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...n-for-breaking-isolation-while-covid-positive

massi83

Well in theory - it would work. But you're too late on the others, the swings have already happened, and there's little left. I'd say your best bet is to trade on Djokovic.

For instance, and not a tip - back Djokovic £100 now at 2.90, he could feasible drop back to 2.60 if he's confirmed. So lay him at that = £11.50 profit etc. Very dependent on it being a void market should he not be there, but I'd guess it is.
Yeah, you are right that it would work betting on Djoko, but because of cross-matching I still think it doesn't work on others (even if done long time ago). And it is indeed void if he doesn't start the tournament.

Zen

Yeah, you are right that it would work betting on Djoko, but because of cross-matching I still think it doesn't work on others (even if done long time ago). And it is indeed void if he doesn't start the tournament.
I don't know what you mean by crossmatching.... if the odds shift, they shift, there's money to be made depending on whether you backed or layed the outcome first in the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.