g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Disappointed Alcaraz didn’t win, thought this will going to be his first grand slam win..

Now I hope Nadal would go all the way win his 22th

wr8_utd

:'(
Disappointed Alcaraz didn’t win, thought this will going to be his first grand slam win..

Now I hope Nadal would go all the way win his 22th
A lot of people really overhyped Carlos based on what he did at a Masters level. Rafa and Novak might not quite be at their best at Masters anymore but they still own the Slams. I think this loss may actually help Carlos in the long run and reduce some pressure on him.

SinNombre

I would think Rafa would find a way to play until the Olympics in Paris in 2 years.

He is likely going to have issues with his foot post-retirement in any case at this point. It has taken enough battering over the past 2 decades.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Had to go to bed and miss this but delighted Nadal won and enjoyed seeing that @Kevin is definitely not Nostradamus of Tennis.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Nadal to do the unthinkable? CYGS to cement himself as GOAT?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Also, if Nadal copies his team in Real Madrid and wins #14, he'll have tied Sampras' previous record in ONE slam alone!

wr8_utd

Nadal to do the unthinkable? CYGS to cement himself as GOAT?
He's not even won RG yet and even if he does, just can't see him winning Wimbledon unless he has an absolutely brilliant draw and that rarely happens for him these days. If he can stay fit, he'll always challenge in New York though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Zero chance. He is 36!
He's surprised me so much already this year. He's favourite now for Roland Garros. This era doesn't have any standouts on grass so Wimbledon is open depending on Djokovic and *cough* Murray :wenger: . The USA Open is a tricky one, though.

saivet

He's not even won RG yet and even if he does, just can't see him winning Wimbledon unless he has an absolutely brilliant draw and that rarely happens for him these days. If he can stay fit, he'll always challenge in New York though.
I'm not even sure whether he'd play Wimbledon. He can definitely challenge there as he's been very good in it the last few years but the short gap between RG and Wimbeldon and his foot troubles makes me think it would be a long shot for him to win RG and follow it up a couple of weeks later at Wimbledon.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Great to see that this time the crowd was firmly on Rafas side and not behind that esoteric clown, nice win.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Had to go to bed and miss this but delighted Nadal won and enjoyed seeing that @Kevin is definitely not Nostradamus of Tennis.
I’m shattered by this result. Novak has humiliated me, loser.

wr8_utd

I'm not even sure whether he'd play Wimbledon. He can definitely challenge there as he's been very good in it the last few years but the short gap between RG and Wimbeldon and his foot troubles makes me think it would be a long shot for him to win RG and follow it up a couple of weeks later at Wimbledon.
Yeah even I have my doubts if he plays Wimbledon though I think there's an extra week of gap this year? Or did that not get implemented? He has played well in recent years but he'd really need someone else to eliminate Novak imo.

saivet

Yeah even I have my doubts if he plays Wimbledon though I think there's an extra week of gap this year? Or did that not get implemented? He has played well in recent years but he'd really need someone else to eliminate Novak imo.
I think you're right a 3 week break between the two. I imagine it will all depend on the foot as it sounds like he's playing RG with injection to numb the pain which isn't sustainable and if that's the case it will be interesting to see how he plans on tackling the rest of his career.

wr8_utd

I think you're right a 3 week break between the two. I imagine it will all depend on the foot as it sounds like he's playing RG with injection to numb the pain which isn't sustainable and if that's the case it will be interesting to see how he plans on tackling the rest of his career.
He definitely won't play Queens and the warmups but if it is indeed three weeks and he does win RG, I think he may give it a shot tbh. This would be the first time he wins AO and RG in the same year, if he does go on to win so if he has a chance (as slim as it may be) to win all four, he'd go for it.

saivet

Some of the things said by Mauresmo in her press conference sounds like the FFT haven't done much thinking on a lot of issues.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
So gutted that Novak lost. His game was off compared to last year.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Tiebreak to decide the third semifinalist. Great battle between these two. Cilic's first serve might just win it for him. Just realized they do super tie breaks in the fifth set now.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Rublev just wasn't able to dictate play today. Clutch from Cilic in the breaker. Hit the lines consistently.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Some of the things said by Mauresmo in her press conference sounds like the FFT haven't done much thinking on a lot of issues.

Yeah, was at RG on Friday and was concerned that the metro stopped at 12:15 apparently so wanted to get out of there ASAP in order to get home.

Have to agree with Amelie, it's a sad state of affairs the women's tour and if the crowds aren't there, you can't force people to watch.

Shame as there are some talented players but just no superstars now.

Brophs

The One and Only
Grown adults screaming at their mummies or daddies in the crowd because they missed a tennis shot is a strong, strong look.

mav_9me

I'm just excited we have a male tennis player who may actually amount to something.
Agreed. Now that I am back into tennis I am saddened at missing out on the glory days of tennis. So I am hoping for some exciting talents. I do like alcaraz. Rune looks erratic today

Brophs

The One and Only
So weird.
Always reminds me of when we were in secondary school, one of the lads was walking down a packed corridor with his mum towards the principal’s office and he managed to catch his foot on the edge of the bottom step of a staircase and faceplanted in front of everyone. He obviously was embarrassed so he got up and screamed “feck’s sake, Grainne, you stupid bitch” in his mum’s face, even though she’d been four feet away when he fell. The whole corridor fella apart laughing and he never lived it down.

saivet

Yeah, was at RG on Friday and was concerned that the metro stopped at 12:15 apparently so wanted to get out of there ASAP in order to get home.

Have to agree with Amelie, it's a sad state of affairs the women's tour and if the crowds aren't there, you can't force people to watch.

Shame as there are some talented players but just no superstars now.
She says thay but sticking them on as the first matches of the day doesn't help. A lot of matches starting at 10am local time which isn't a good slot for tv, nor is that a good spot for a casual.

Think they could have done better in that respect as you tend to see the crowds build up towards the afternoon, whether male or female.

Certainly on today's side of the draw, the mens side doesn't and didn't have any big names that deserve all the spotlight.

Jev

Rune needs to sort himself out. He might get a pass for now because he's 19 but it won't be long before he alienates all crowds, even us Danes, with that behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.