g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Tennis 2023

wr8_utd

:'(
This is a game, at such an age and stage, even the old cold heart of @wr8_utd cannot avoid warm a bit to.
:lol: :lol:
I really like Alcaraz but I'm not quite a fan of Rune and his tactics and disrespect he shows to a lot of his opponents (hopefully something he kicks out of his game as he matures) but I do look forward to this match! Hopefully its a lot of fun.
Can you imagine a final against anyone other than Alcaraz from the other side :lol:
Given its grass, I don't think Rune will be quite all that fazed by the prospect of facing Carlos tbh.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Hope Eubanks gets through somehow.

Can't wait for Rune Alcaraz, expect Alcaraz in 4, hope they can both play well in any event.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I remember from 2008-2010 when Djokovic struggled to move properly and keep his balance on grass - even when he reached the semis in 2007, his matches were quite painful to watch. I never could have imaged back then that he'd go on to win the tournament 7 times back then, with a good chance of winning an 8th. At that stage, the idea of Djokovic winning more Wimbledon titles than Nadal, who won 20 consecutive matches at the tournament, seemed highly unlikely.

Alcaraz really impressed me against Berrettini yesterday, and I hope he keeps up the momentum vs. Rune. I'll also be rooting for Eubanks against Medvedev.

saivet

Centre Court OOP looks brilliant. Hopefully the matches today deliver.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Hoping for Alcaraz today. I want Novak to beat him in the final.

VP

Eubanks playing some of the highest levels of tennis I've seen in years.

Jev

Very good first set between Alcaraz and Rune. Nothing to separate them, I even thought Rune had a bit more momentum during the set.

Wilt

Becoming tiresome…. Alcatraz fist pumping his corner on every point

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This has been quite the tournament so far

B20

Supports
Liverpool
only one break point so far and that was to Rune in the first game of the first set.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Returns are the difference between the two. Alcaraz can hit winners out of deep pressure.

Jev

Tough luck for Rune today. Matching Alcaraz every step of the way, 1-1 in break points, yet down 2-0. Zero unforced errors in the second set from Alcaraz.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Tough luck for Rune today. Matching Alcaraz every step of the way, 1-1 in break points, yet down 2-0.
0 unforced errors and 90% of first serves in from Alcaraz in the second set. Just immaculate.

Jev

Alcaraz in firm control now. He's playing outrageously well today, aggressive and faultless at the same time. Great serving as well. If he plays like this in the final, he'll beat Djokovic too, looks pretty much unbeatable.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Yeah it's been so good.

Rune looks understandably deflated now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He largely has. What's he done wrong today?
No meant in general. Haven't seen much of him at Wimbledon before today with the weird scheduling.

From the younger generation I only feel these two and Sinner have the x-factor to go toe-to-toe with basically anyone.

Jev

Expected more from Rune.
He's played well, I think. Certainly in the first two sets. Alcaraz has just been impenetrable.

No meant in general. Haven't seen much of him at Wimbledon before today with the weird scheduling.
Right, makes sense. He's been a brat on court plenty of times but has improved enormously over the past 12 months. I actually thinks he really wants to get rid of that bad boy image because outside the court, he's a very humble, well-spoken and polite boy. I don't think he enjoys being seen as a baby Kyrgios.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Don't really like Alcaraz and Rune. Rune looks like Tintin's whingy little brother and for the love god Alcaraz, stop fist pumping. Hope Medvedev twats him. Though I doubt it.

croadyman

Vondrousova who beat Konta in the French Open SF a few years ago has shown up today

croadyman

Don't really like Alcaraz and Rune. Rune looks like Tintin's whingy little brother and for the love god Alcaraz, stop fist pumping. Hope Medvedev twats him. Though I doubt it.
Medvedev can't beat Djokovic

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Medvedev can't beat Djokovic
Neither can Alcaraz I think. He needs to mature more and become more consistent and methodical to beat him in a best of 5. Though he does have a better chance than Medvedev.

I like Medvedev though, great villain.