Tennis 2023

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why didn't Azarenka shake hands?

Edit: ah Svitolina stated she wont shake a Belarusian hand. Bit weird for the crowd to boo Azarenka then.

predator

Youth NITK
I think the crowd assumed Azarenka was being a bad loser and refused to shake Svitolinas hand when in reality the former held her racket up as a mark of congratulation and walked off as she knew there was never gonna be a handshake due to Svitolinas stance on shaking Russian/Belarusian hands.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Hurkacz only has a serve.

Players like him are insanely boring to watch. The rest of his game is very average.

Bole Top

there's typical and there's Djokovic taking set after his opponent serving for it. ridiculous.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
there's typical and there's Djokovic taking set after his opponent serving for it. ridiculous.
But it wasn’t Djokovic pulling some magic shots, it was just Hubert taking a huge dump and melting about 3 easy balls into the net and annihilating another one long. Entirely his own doing.

Zen

Pretty smooth up until he's serving for the set and his composure dips just that little bit. That forehand into the net was brutal. They seem to continually think Novak isn't going to up his return game when it matters and get all surprised they have to take an extra shot.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Imagine a player with Hurkacz’s serve, Djokovic’s flexibility and longevity, Federer’s back hand and Alcaraz’s forehand.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Once Hurkacz has a serve returned, he just looks lost as to what to do. Djokovic will take this in straight sets I think.

saivet

Novak just has that ability to win in tight scenarios. As successful as he has been in the past few years it feels like he's had loads of matches where he's been in signfianct jeopardy in opening sets.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's ever won a grand slam without dropping a set.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I think the crowd assumed Azarenka was being a bad loser and refused to shake Svitolinas hand when in reality the former held her racket up as a mark of congratulation and walked off as she knew there was never gonna be a handshake due to Svitolinas stance on shaking Russian/Belarusian hands.
Not really down with Svitolina not shaking people's hands after a match TBH. And that farcical situation when everyone was booing Azarenka because they thought she was the one refusing to shake hands, I mean.....

Zen

Hurkacz isn't that bad of a player.... but don't let him serve for a set in a tie break. The two in the second set are worse than the two the first set. There's only so much you can claim it's on Djokovic, but missing sitters is missing sitters.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Hurkacz missed his chance again. shame it's over for tonight.
Hurkacz had zero breakpoints available, despite doing an extraordinary service game but still had to defend 5 break points, which he successfully did. But as TB is rally point, chances were much higher for Novax to grab the set when you see at how the game was going.

He needs to get at few breakpoints in order to fight for this match.

Bole Top

Djokovic far from convincing, but somehow managed to break him in the end. these servebots are nightmare to play against on this surface.

ExoduS

Well Hubert played as best as he could and came up a bit short. Tomorrow is going to be tough against Rublev. It will not be a repeat of AO match.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Tsitisipas losing to some random Eubanks, you would think Medvedev will win that one comfortably. Only players who could stop Djokovic are Sinner or Alcaraz.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What's the last time a good American tennis player didnt rely on his serve for about 90% of his game?

wr8_utd

:'(
What's the last time a good American tennis player didnt rely on his serve for about 90% of his game?
Agassi probably. Feels like all they practice is to serve big.
Tsitisipas losing to some random Eubanks, you would think Medvedev will win that one comfortably. Only players who could stop Djokovic are Sinner or Alcaraz.
Sinner is completely out of shape and form this year. There's absolutely no one who can beat Novak here at Wimbledon. The ones who have chances throw it away.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Sampras.

Yes he had a great serve but he also had a great everything else.

Jev

Very good game going on between Rune and Dimitrov. Tight, intense, and high quality on both sides of the net. Rune playing by far his best so far at the tournament and probably edging the game, but Dimitrov has been cunning, clever and clutch. Dimitrov up one set and behind 5-6, on serve.

ExoduS

Sinner is completely out of shape and form this year. There's absolutely no one who can beat Novak here at Wimbledon. The ones who have chances throw it away.
Sinner, Rune and Alcaraz all could have a decent chance. Rublev is not without chances either, but his chances are very small.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Think this goes to 5, though Rune is defo on the up at the moment.

Jev

Rune prevails. And for the first time played in a way that makes me believe he could reach the final. Amazing match.

Bole Top

I always liked Dimitrov, but man, he really ended up as underchiever. 3 GS semis and that's it, the rest of the career he was losing in R3 and R4.

Zen

6 of the top 8 in the QF's.... that's gotta be some kind of record. Even when the big 4 just made every QF for fun that was a rarity that I don't recall often.

Riz

6 of the top 8 in the QF's.... that's gotta be some kind of record. Even when the big 4 just made every QF for fun that was a rarity that I don't recall often.
And Tsitsipas was 1 set away from making it 7/8 as well.