g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Tennis 2023

wr8_utd

:'(
honestly, I put all that on that injury he suffered and expected he'd bounce back today. still plenty of time btw.
The injury/cramps were because of nerves and a sign of losing the mental battle which is the one thing you cannot lose vs Novak who is the absolute GOAT at it.

wr8_utd

Disagree. I think this is a reflection of how good Djokovic is in general, but particularly on grass.

Alcaraz is definitely not typical of Gen next or next next.
Alcaraz is infinitely more talented than all of the Next Gen but he's no match for Novak currently when it comes to matches that matter. Beating him in the Masters is all well and good but this is the serious stuff.

6-1 Novak. Its men against boys right now.

slored1

What a machine Djokovic is. Truly the GOAT. Maybe the greatest sportsman of all time.

wr8_utd

Crucial that Carlos gets the first service game in this set. He's going to need to mentally reset and completely forget this first set happened.
I have Alcaraz and 4 sets minimum. even one set looks unreachable for him atm.
You're a brave man. All the bets I've put on this match are various versions of Novak winning. Novak at 3-0 pre-match was a decent 3.5 or 4/1.

wr8_utd

Much better stuff from Carlos to start this set. Now he needs to put some pressure on Novak's serve.

saivet

When was the last time Djokovic lost a slam final after winning the opening set? I feel he took the opening set and lost vs Nadal before at RG but can't think of any others.

wr8_utd

When was the last time Djokovic lost a slam final after winning the opening set? I feel he took the opening set and lost vs Nadal before at RG but can't think of any others.
Maybe against Stan? He barely loses Slam finals so can't think of any.

Skills

Snitch
Wawrinka 2016 US Open

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
You're a brave man. All the bets I've put on this match are various versions of Novak winning. Novak at 3-0 pre-match was a decent 3.5 or 4/1.
Same made a couple futures bets a while ago, had 3 pre tournament with Djoko to win at 1.72. Made another one yesterday with Djoko in 4 sets.

mav_9me

You guys saw how Djokovic got that forehand back from Alcaraz to then win it make it 30-30....that's why it's not on Alcaraz. It's Djokovic being the superior player. That point would not have been won by anyone other than maybe Alcaraz himself.

Zen

There's so much goddamn pressure on Alcaraz it's actually quite absurd.... dudes getting (near) Federer levels of noise, and then the absurd negativity after than first set too(not just here fyi), not needed. I guess it's easy to forget he's 20.