Tennis 2023

Zen86

Won it.

Weird though, watching Djokovic this tournament I don't think he is quite what he was but he has generally been so steady at the important point of sets, allowed others to make mistakes, odd to see him falter at that. Alcaraz deserved that.
Most if not nearly all of the current generation are a bit bobbins, though. I feel like it’s easy pickings for Novak these last however many years.

wr8_utd

:'(
Would be all delighted to lose all the money I've put on Novak. Come on Carlos!

Zen

Novak had set point and hit a standard BH into the net I think?

Bit of both!
Once you get to 6-5... theres always a set point, it wasn't on his serve either. And no, Alcaraz stuck to his game, and outplayed him, that's why he sticks to his ultra aggressive game... it works.

wr8_utd

If Alcaraz constructs his points better, he'll be able to take this match from Djokovic.

Just needs more measure and depth before going big on his shots.
If he could be a little patient with when he pulls his trigger or goes for stupid drop shots, he can completely dominate these rallies.

Canagel

Alcaraz needs to stop these drop shots. The success rate of them isnt high and he is doing it too frequently.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
What a shot by Carlos

Jazz

Alcaraz breaks..... can't believe it. Novak gonna be mad at the umpire...

Bole Top

Alcaraz outplaying him. Djokovic slowly losing the nerves now. the serve is a big weakness.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wow I didn’t expect Djokovics level since 3-0 up in the tie break to just crash. Alcaraz isn’t even playing smashing tennis

mav_9me

This is going 5 sets if Alcaraz wins it. Djokovic can win it in 4. Despite how it looks right now. Djokovic is just too good at staying in rallies.

mav_9me

Most if not nearly all of the current generation are a bit bobbins, though. I feel like it’s easy pickings for Novak these last however many years.
They are but there is an element of Djokovic just too good for them

saivet

This is going 5 sets if Alcaraz wins it. Djokovic can win it in 4. Despite how it looks right now. Djokovic is just too good at staying in rallies.
I wouldn't rule out Alcaraz winning in 4 sets. That said I still fancy Djokovic to win the match.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Alcaraz' coaches sitting there like look at the absolute monster we've created.

wr8_utd

I wouldn't rule out Alcaraz winning in 4 sets. That said I still fancy Djokovic to win the match.
I'll be quite stunned if Carlos wins 3 straight sets to be honest. If he wins, I think he'll do it in 5.

Zen

Recent history suggests that if Novak does lose.... he loses by losing 3 straight! 5 of his last 6 losses in slam finals did that... 3 3-0 and 2 3-1's.

Jazz

Oh dear. Some brain dead shots from Carlos

Jazz

Just giving Novak the break back..

wr8_utd

Recent history suggests that if Novak does lose.... he loses by losing 3 straight! 5 of his last 6 losses in slam finals did that... 3 3-0 and 2 3-1's.
Were these against Stan and Rafa? I know one was Medvedev but that was a whitewash.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'll be quite stunned if Carlos wins 3 straight sets to be honest. If he wins, I think he'll do it in 5.
He has a long way to go to show he can win this. The one set he won - he nearly lost. Djokovic will break him back

mav_9me

Interestingly, McEnroe expecting Djokovic to be broken again now due to the wind against his serve