Tennis 2023

Superunknown

That bathroom break is what did it. Gave him a chance to reset and go again. That's experience. Most other players would be up on the court and looking to go straight back into it. Since then, Novak has been dictating the pace.

wr8_utd

:'(
Carlos is going to get weird criticisms should he lose this, despite the fact he would of overachieved to what every single one of those critical voices expected of him. Not sure I'm ready for the brutal toxicity that is the Tennis fanbase.... so fecking do it brother, save me from that!
I doubt he'd be criticised. Didn't expect him to get more than a set. This has been considerable overachieving.

wr8_utd

That bathroom break is what did it. Gave him a chance to reset and go again. That's experience. Most other players would be up on the court and looking to go straight back into it. Since then, Novak has been dictating the pace.
I really feel Carlos should have taken his own toilet break before the 5th. Thr mental reset really helps.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Nah, he's riding high on his juice now. Alcaraz can't rely on his serve so much, but when/if that ever comes... he's gonna be a brutal player. I mean he already is, but he takes this set if he had a strong serve for instance.
Once Novak retires Carlos will collect all the Grand Slams like Thanos. Hell he might even start tofay for all I know.

Ibi Dreams

Carlos is going to get weird criticisms should he lose this, despite the fact he would of overachieved to what every single one of those critical voices expected of him. Not sure I'm ready for the brutal toxicity that is the Tennis fanbase.... so fecking do it brother, save me from that!
You think so?

I don't follow tennis discourse that much, but I feel like most people would respect his performance and just chalk it up to Djokovic being Djokovic. Novak is just unreal in games like this

Duafc

Village Lemon
Not really sure, from memory Alcaraz held first and had a couple break points in the second game of that set? I think it was that hold and just Novak deciding to take the lead more.

MattofManchester

Alcaraz has lost a bit of pace on his shots.

Playing well, but there's definitely been a decrease in the acceleration

wr8_utd

That serving is so clutch from Novak to arrest the mini run of momentum Carlos had going.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Djokovic just doesn’t fecking miss.

Infuriating. Definitely snorted some Charlie in the bathroom.

Zen

Those dropshots are mental.... I'm gonna say they are worth being 50/50 for the sheer entertainment factor alone :lol:

wr8_utd

Incredible hold from Alcaraz but Djoko might have nightmares about that miss.

Darkhorsez

Don’t know what will happen here but one thing for sure that Alcaraz is the real deal and Joker will not,have his way like others he faced.