Tennis 2024

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
There isn't really any hope for Nadal. Sad to say, but it really is the case.

Just gotta be happy that we get to see him one of two more times on this court before it's all over, if he does end up in the Olympics.
According to Rome tournament director, Nadal might still be around next year

saivet

According to Rome tournament director, Nadal might still be around next year
If this season isn't a disaster fitness wise, he's indicated he probably will carry on. Not exactly stellar and not loads of matches but RG will be his 4th tournament in a row which he hasn't been able to do for a long time. I wonder if a R1 exit at RG will see him play at Wimbledon and possibly one or two the grass lead ups. He's not played Queens in ages and he could also go to Mallorca, which might be quite nice for him.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Djokovic with another bad loss. So many sloppy unforced errors. Doesn't seem as focused

wr8_utd

:'(
Novak lost to yet another random today. This is genuinely probably one of the worst seasons of his career and I'd still not be surprised if he won RG.

Brophs

The One and Only
Isn’t this exactly the point in the tournament you’d expect Djokovic to lose? He went there for matches, got three good run outs and now has a few days of rest before RG. I’m not saying he tanked, just that mentally he’d probably already gotten what he came for.

Brophs

The One and Only
Off to see Nadal v Zverev on Monday. Nadal sounding more bullish in press. :drool:

slyadams

I find the last years from Murray so very strange. Its really unusual for a top level sportsperson to keep on going at levels miles below their peak. Usually those kind of people are not interested in anything other than excellence. so plugging away at 75th in the world getting knocked out in the very early rounds of the big events. In the last 8 year the best major performance was the 3rd round, which he managed only 3 times. I'm sure he loves the game, but I simnply don't get it.

Can anyone think of an equivalent?

Last edited:

Brophs

The One and Only
Tough day at the office for Murray. Wawrinka made him look completely pedestrian despite not really being amazing himself (and having one foot out the door into retirement, by all accounts).

kundalini

I find the last years from Murray so very strange. Its really unusual for a top level sportsperson to keep on going at levels miles below their peak. Usually those kind of people are not interested in anything other than excellence. so plugging away at 75th in the world getting knocked out in the very early rounds of the big events. In the last 8 year the best major performance was the 3rd round, which he managed only 3 times. I'm sure he loves the game, but I simnply don't get it.

Can anyone think of an equivalent?
Venus Williams has been occasionally showing up at big events, at best playing one good set before collapsing, for years. A few of the mid 30s WTA stars returning after maternity leave played their best tennis a long time ago.

I don't get it either. Used to be a huge Murray fan but once he'd achieved my targets for him (win a Slam, win Wimbledon, reach final of all 4 Slams), I lost interest. In recent years only time I've watched him play was when waiting for Emma to play the next match on that court.

Duafc

Village Lemon
My targets for him :lol:

I don’t really get the entitlement in these posts, he’s done it all and loves the game, had career ending injuries and is amazingly back at a great level (that whole conversation is hugely disrespectful to the 50-200 ranked players who can spend entire careers there.)

It may be frustrating for him and his fans at times but he’s still playing, still enjoying it and still earning. He will clearly be gone soon, I love watching him while we still can even if his level is lower than ever.

wr8_utd

I actually quite like that Murray is continuing to play despite him knowing he's trash. He clearly loves and cares about the game and wants to be around as much as possible.

wr8_utd

Probably the last two sets we'll ever see Rafa play at Chartrier. It's heartbreaking. He doesn't deserve to be at this physical level to be going out in Round 1.

GlasgowCeltic

Whenever he does retire I could see Murray ending up one of the best pundits across all of sport, if he chose that route

MattofManchester

Feek like, at the very least, Nadal needs to at least put pressure on Zverev's serve.

Under pressure, he is the worst server in the top 50, maybe.

Rafa gives him way too much freedom to dictate with it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
You all must be enjoying this :drool:

Jazz

Rafa rolling back the years with that break.

ManUtd1999

Probably the last two sets we'll ever see Rafa play at Chartrier. It's heartbreaking. He doesn't deserve to be at this physical level to be going out in Round 1.
Not so fast. I want Zverev to win, but I don’t trust him to beat Nadal even if the latter is in wheelchair, especially in Paris.

Jazz

Amazing effort here from Nadal.

saivet

Have to say, this level from Nadal has been impressive. Let's see if he can win the set and keep it up for the rest of the match.

Jazz

Novak spectating :D

Jazz

Zverev plays a wonderful game and now he's serving he's facing two break points...

Jazz

He wouldn’t be here if her weren’t able to put a good effort. This is RG after all, on Chatrier.
I know. Hope he gets this set. Still think he'll lose but want him on the court as long as possible..

Jazz

Tie break time!

Zen

What's with the horrific drop shots? Obviously he knows... but wild.

Jazz

Ah shite.... really wanted Nadal to get that set.

Anyway, still hope for the 3rd set.

wr8_utd

Good effort, Rafa. Would be nice if he can nick a set but I guess it's too much to hope for.

Jazz

What's with the horrific drop shots? Obviously he knows... but wild.
He's not had much match fitness. Still has done well considering coming back from injury and barely playing.

Jazz

Good effort, Rafa. Would be nice if he can nick a set but I guess it's too much to hope for.
Agree but I haven't given up he will get a set..