Tennis Thread 2013

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
I actually think Berdych has a decent chance this week. Possibly as decent a chance as he will ever have at winning a slam.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Monfils playing really good. Havent seen him playing this good since... Ever. Looked to me he finally is getting past his mental issues. Today, his mind and body where one. His movement, his shots and decisions spot on. Good for him... He has a lot more to give.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I actually think Berdych has a decent chance this week. Possibly as decent a chance as he will ever have at winning a slam.
His greater Slam business end experience should see him past Gulbis but he's not getting past Djokovic in the SF.

Monfils will sparkle for a while and maybe win a set but I can then see Murray dismantling him. Monfils has the energy and court coverage but it is usually headless chicken stuff, Murray has the best tactical brain in tennis, he will prevail. The way he dealt with a clay court expert in Verdasco today was brilliant.

Obviously Nadal will stuff Ferrer as he does almost every time and even though he lost recently against him, this is a Slam QF at RG, Nadal isn't losing this title to anyone but Djokovic.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
His greater Slam business end experience should see him past Gulbis but he's not getting past Djokovic in the SF.

Monfils will sparkle for a while and maybe win a set but I can then see Murray dismantling him. Monfils has the energy and court coverage but it is usually headless chicken stuff, Murray has the best tactical brain in tennis, he will prevail. The way he dealt with a clay court expert in Verdasco today was brilliant.

Obviously Nadal will stuff Ferrer as he does almost every time and even though he lost recently against him, this is a Slam QF at RG, Nadal isn't losing this title to anyone but Djokovic.
Nadal is playing terrible. There is ZERO chance that he "stuffs" Ferrer. He will probably win but it won't be easy.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Nadal is playing terrible. There is ZERO chance that he "stuffs" Ferrer. He will probably win but it won't be easy.
Ferrer always bends over for his master, can't see it being any different here. Nadal is hardly terrible, he dropped FOUR games today, playing in probably 2nd gear.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
Ferrer always bends over for his master, can't see it being any different here. Nadal is hardly terrible, he dropped FOUR games today, playing in probably 2nd gear.
He played a kid in his first breakthrough slam that got bent over by STEPANEK in the deciding Davis Cup rubber last year. Ferrer will have more belief this time. Last year was a final, different situation. Nadal has been playing terrible in my opinion (compared to what I expect from him). Forehand has less on it, movement is a little off, and the backhand isn't nearly as aggressive as it should be. You can even tell that his confidence is off by his grunt. Unless he changes that and comes out with a siege mentality rather than a "I've got a lot to lose" mentality against Ferrer, he is going to have an absolute battle on his hand.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Gritty win for Eugenie Bouchard. Her second straight semi finals appearance. Came back from 5-2 in the first set and came back from 4-1 in the third set.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He played a kid in his first breakthrough slam that got bent over by STEPANEK in the deciding Davis Cup rubber last year. Ferrer will have more belief this time. Last year was a final, different situation. Nadal has been playing terrible in my opinion (compared to what I expect from him). Forehand has less on it, movement is a little off, and the backhand isn't nearly as aggressive as it should be. You can even tell that his confidence is off by his grunt. Unless he changes that and comes out with a siege mentality rather than a "I've got a lot to lose" mentality against Ferrer, he is going to have an absolute battle on his hand.
Decent chance to be crowned GS winner this week Berdych out and destroyed by Gulbis. Pardon me if I smirk at your analysis that Nadal is going to suffer vs Ferrer.

JB7

Murray to play Monfils later, what are we thinking? Home advantage or the better player?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Why are we not starting a Tennis thread for 2014 :confused: Almost 2 slams down ffs