Terry Racism Trial | Found Not Guilty | Trial starts Monday 9th July

Hallucinogen

Yes duffer, it's as simple as that. Which is why O J Simpson continues to be one of America's favourite citizens.
Ah yes because the seriousness of the offense(if it was an offense other than a stupid thing) does not come into the equation.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I don't know how Terry has the nerve to show hia face in public. The judgment basically said that his excuse was bullshit but there wasn't enough direct evidence to remove an element of doubt to a criminal standard. FA investigations have no such standard.

Rio would have been better not getting involved with the choc ice comment.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I don't know how Terry has the nerve to show hia face in public. The judgment basically said that his excuse was bullshit but there wasn't enough direct evidence to remove an element of doubt to a criminal standard. FA investigations have no such standard.

Rio would have been better not getting involved with the choc ice comment.
If anything, it shows that Rio is as prejudiced as Terry is, if not worse, and clearly dumb, on top of it. At least, Terry has enough sense to deny making a racist remark, whether he did indeed do it or not, Ferdinand is too dumb to even realize how wrong his choc ice Tweeter comments are.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Amaechi waited until retirement to come out of the closet. Maybe he should concentrate on close-mindedness of his former teammates and rivals from NBA before he tries to tackle the racism in British football.
What does one have to do with the other? And do you now have to qualify (in some way) in order to have an opinion on this? :houllier:

If anything, it shows that Rio is as prejudiced as Terry is, if not worse, and clearly dumb, on top of it. At least, Terry has enough sense to deny making a racist remark, whether he did indeed do it or not, Ferdinand is too dumb to even realize how wrong his choc ice Tweeter comments are.
Fcuking hell you're on one today... I know your footballing allegiance renders you incapable of being objective when it comes to your team, but try and engage a braincell or two. There is a million miles between the two 'examples of racism'. If you cant see that maybe you should have a look at yourself as well...

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
What does one have to do with the other? And do you now have to qualify (in some way) in order to have an opinion on this? :houllier:

Fcuking hell you're on one today... I know your footballing allegiance renders you incapable of being objective when it comes to your team, but try and engage a braincell or two. There is a million miles between the two 'examples of racism'. If you cant see that maybe you should have a look at yourself as well...
'Choc ice' - often understood to mean 'black on the outside, white on the inside'. If you don't think it's racist you need to check on your own brain cell count.

Here it was used in reference to black player Ashley Cole and apparently Ferdinand agreed with it and found it very funny. There's no million miles between those two, if anything, it's worse, because unlike Terry, who may or may not have called Anton a black cnut in a heat of an argument, Rio can't claim ignorance or have any excuses, he's too stupid even to admit he's in the wrong.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
To be fair to Rio, he did said he was sarcastic. That's a good enough defense for the courts.

afrocentricity

'Choc ice' - often understood to mean 'black on the outside, white on the inside'. If you don't think it's racist you need to check on your own brain cell count.

Here it was used in reference to black player Ashley Cole and apparently Ferdinand agreed with it and found it very funny. There's no million miles between those two, if anything, it's worse, because unlike Terry, who may or may not have called Anton a black cnut in a heat of an argument, Rio can't claim ignorance or have any excuses, he's too stupid even to admit he's in the wrong.
Have a word with yourself mate. Being called a choc ice is mildly offensive, like you said it's the insinuation that you are white on the inside. Now if you think that being called white when you are not is the same as being called a black cnut then I despair... I'm not going to continue this argument as you have proven time and time again that your aren't one of this forums more intelligent posters.

afrocentricity

How is that phrase racist? Instead of accusing others of lacking brain cells, why don't you just explain it to them?
He's in danger of going down the 'Liverpool supporter' route, bending reality to fit his agenda... forget rivalries, just be honest.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
How is that phrase racist? Instead of accusing others of lacking brain cells, why don't you just explain it to them?
If you lived in the US long enough at some point you'd hear certain black people calling other blacks "Uncle Tom". It's someone who's black but "acts white", it's very offensive and as racist as it gets. 'Choc ice' is just another variation of the same term, and there's no defending it when used towards a black person.

Afrocentricity is a retard, so I won't bother with him.

Zen86

I think you should go chasing after all those black rappers who regularly use the 'n word' in their songs instead.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If you lived in the US long enough at some point you'd hear certain black people calling other blacks "Uncle Tom". It's someone who's black but "acts white", it's very offensive and as racist as it gets. 'Choc ice' is just another variation of the same term, and there's no defending it when used towards a black person.

Afrocentricity is a retard, so I won't bother with him.
So if a black man calls another black man an "Uncle Tom" he's being racist? News to me.

Flying Fox

Over here the term is "coconut" which I've only heard used by Aboriginals against other Aboriginal "sell outs"

But then again, we're a weird bunch over here, so I doubt you lot are surprised/

Flying Fox

I thought that was an islander remark
I dunno mate. I remember Bess Price getting into a bit of a kerfuffle with the Aboriginal community last year (I think it was) for suggesting welfare payments should be reduced in the NT to get others off their backside and working. Am sure I saw it reported in the news that someone threw that one at her.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Wait, you can be racist towards your own "race"?
Perhaps the word "racist" may not apply, but you can surely discriminate against your own race. I've been subjected to it myself before, and I branded the culprit pathetic and not worth my time or effort... which is same way I've handled the few racists I've ever encountered.

But this is probably a topic for a whole other forum.

Hectic

Supports
30fps

:lol:

What the feck are you saying?!

Rio Ferdinand was being racist to Ashley Cole, and him using the word 'choc-ice', is more offensive than Terry calling Ferdinand 'a black cnut'?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Sad but probably true: Anton Ferdinand will probably suffer as much booing as John Terry will this season.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Perhaps the word "racist" may not apply, but you can surely discriminate against your own race. I've been subjected to it myself before, and I branded the culprit pathetic and not worth my time or effort... which is same way I've handled the few racists I've ever encountered.

But this is probably a topic for a whole other forum.
You can discriminate against anything but racist is a specific term which I don't think applies to me if I call some white guy redneck or a cracker.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Since when was John Amaechi an NBA great? He was a scrub, though fairplay to him for stating how he feels about the Terry issue.

Btw, why is antihenry moaning about Rio when the latter never labeled Cole he simply laughed at another's tweet that called Cole out? Claiming what Rio did was worse than Terry. Hogwash.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's not racist, but it's as offensive as an insult gets, towards black people. Not following the case, but if Rio called Cole a "choc-ice", then it was a really cnutish thing to do.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Since when was John Amaechi an NBA great? He was a scrub, though fairplay to him for stating how he feels about the Terry issue.

Btw, why is antihenry moaning about Rio when the latter never labeled Cole he simply laughed at another's tweet that called Cole out? Claiming what Rio did was worse than Terry. Hogwash.
In this country, anyone who played NBA = NBA Great.

Because let's be honest, 99% of people who read such a line will accept it as fact because they won't know any better.

afrocentricity

It's not racist, but it's as offensive as an insult gets, towards black people. Not following the case, but if Rio called Cole a "choc-ice", then it was a really cnutish thing to do.
Yes, well just so you know... he didn't. Hope this clears that up.

John_Jensen

Wait, you can be racist towards your own "race"?
Yep.

As for the 'choc ice' comment, it seems to insinuate that there is a specific way that all black people 'should' act.

Which just seems stupid more than racist or anything else

Pogue Mahone

More or less cnutish than telling lies to protect a white teammate who racially abused a black player on the opposing team?

Pogue Mahone

Yep.

As for the 'choc ice' comment, it seems to insinuate that there is a specific way that all black people 'should' act.

Which just seems stupid more than racist or anything else
It's an insult.

An insult based on the assumption that Ashley Cole lied to a court in order to cover the arse of a white team-mate who racially abused Rio's brother during a game of football.

Now we can argue the toss all day about whether or not that assumption is true or not but Rio obviously believes it is and, in that context, the insult is perfectly understandable and appropriate. It's neither racist, nor stupid.

Of course, Rio didn't even make the insult. He just laughed at it. But hey, one thing I've noticed from reading footballers on twitter is that they've all got a shit sense of humour (as do all the fans who find their online "banter" hilarious)

John_Jensen

It's an insult.

An insult based on the assumption that Ashley Cole lied to a court in order to cover the arse of a white team-mate who racially abused Rio's brother during a game of football.

Now we can argue the toss all day about whether or not that assumption is true or not but Rio obviously believes it is and, in that context, the insult is perfectly understandable and appropriate. It's neither racist, nor stupid.

Of course, Rio didn't even make the insult. He just laughed at it. But hey, one thing I've noticed from reading footballers on twitter is that they've all got a shit sense of humour (as do all the fans who find their online "banter" hilarious)
yeah i should have said the use of the 'insult' in general, rather than use the word 'comment' in reference to the rio twitter thingy.