Terry Racism Trial | Found Not Guilty | Trial starts Monday 9th July

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
First Evra-Suarez now we have Terry-Ferdinand as well.While over in Spain it's been reported that Fabregas and Kanoute have been involved in the same.

WTF is going on?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The media like creating a shit-storm. Kanoute doesn't want to do anything about it, there's likely nothing in the Terry story...neither were claimed by either player, were they? It was just spread by gossip and the media picked it up.

BaldwinLegend

The media like creating a shit-storm. Kanoute doesn't want to do anything about it, there's likely nothing in the Terry story...neither were claimed by either player, were they? It was just spread by gossip and the media picked it up.
Well if Terry's right, Anton did claim during the match he'd heard it.

Still don't think it's quite over as Anton and the QPR board are still to meet apparently to decide whether to take it further.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
This one is quite interesting. Because Tery and Rio are not meant to be mates at all.

But from the camera footage Ive seen you really cannot make it out.

Neo_Mufc

The Terry ones iffy because you can see him call him a feckin knobhead but the supposed racist comment just before that isn't quite clear as some say it is.

RK

The Terry ones iffy because you can see him call him a feckin knobhead but the supposed racist comment just before that isn't quite clear as some say it is.
Terry's admitted to saying the racist terms, but claims he said it in the context of denying that he said them. Hmm

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Doesn't count when you are one. It's like when pop culture alludes to the situation where African Americans call each other the N word.

did I get out of that without being racist?
I'm black myself and I think there is a huge amount of hypocrisy among us.Accepting to be called a "n*****" by people of the same color and not by others is really hypocritical to keep it polite.This is an another entirely different debate.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Terry's a bit fecked I think.

He's admitted to using the term black cnut, but is trying to wriggle out of it with some lame excuse about context.

If he genuinely believed Anton thought he's called him that, why would he repeat it?

Why not just say 'I didn't call you that'.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The Daily Heil strikes again..

So, Mr Evra and Mr Ferdinand, I know you feel insulted. But perhaps in this case you could just put up with it and get on with the game.
:lol:

Crustanoid

Not the first time Terry as been accused of racism.No smoke without fire and all that.

Anton Ferdinand wants FA to probe John Terry racism claims - Premier League, Football - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk
Surprised nobody remembers the Ledley King incident. Big Man called him a lippy black c*** and all the black players (Spurs and Chelsea) went mental. Terry got sent off and then had a mystery 'injury' for two months. Conspiracy theorists said he had had an 8 match ban which was kept quiet because he was England captain. Something similar will probably happen again

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Surprised nobody remembers the Ledley King incident. Big Man called him a lippy black c*** and all the black players (Spurs and Chelsea) went mental. Terry got sent off and then had a mystery 'injury' for two months. Conspiracy theorists said he had had an 8 match ban which was kept quiet because he was England captain. Something similar will probably happen again
Nobody remembers it because it didn't happen. It was only speculation on a few websites. No players involved or newspapers reported that it actually happened.

If you think the newspapers, TV stations and players involved covered it up because he was England captain then you really need to get a looser tin hat.

Interval

Level
Nobody remembers it because it didn't happen. It was only speculation on a few websites. No players involved or newspapers reported that it actually happened.

If you think the newspapers, TV stations and players involved covered it up because he was England captain then you really need to get a looser tin hat.
Loser

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
How come JT hasn't come out and said what he said that was 'mistakenly' construed as racial abuse by Anton Ferdinand.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I think you're a looser if you think we need loser hats, lolz.

;)

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
A complaint has been made to the FA by Anton Ferdinand and QPR.

QPR | News | Latest | Latest | CLUB STATEMENT
"The Club is aware of an alleged racist incident in Sunday's Barclays Premier League fixture between QPR and Chelsea at Loftus Road.

The Football Association are now expected to conduct enquiries into the alleged incident.

QPR Chairman, Tony Fernandes, commented: "Queens Park Rangers Football Club does not condone racism in any way, shape or form.

"As a Club, we will provide our players with our unequivocal support when alleged incidents like this occur.

"The Club has, and will continue to support Kick It Out's One Game, One Community initiative, football's equality and inclusion campaign.

"However, we are keen to draw a line under this alleged incident and focus on our forthcoming fixtures, starting with Sunday's London derby at Spurs."

The Club will be making no further comment at this stage"

Where's the complaint?

Crustanoid

Cyberspace plays judge and jury as John Terry 'racism' case escalates
Anton Ferdinand's decision neither to exonerate nor accuse John Terry of racism opens up a moral maze for the FA and police

John Terry was not exonerated. Nor was he accused. All football knew for sure after a tense day of trying to untangle events at Loftus Road on Sunday was that two of the Premier League's most famous names are under a toxic cloud that has shifted attention away from racism in football grounds to the possibility of it on the pitch.

Liverpool's Luis Suárez has been accused by Patrice Evra of Manchester United of calling him a "nigger" several times in last week's north-west derby at Anfield: an allegation the Football Association is already investigating. The Terry-Anton Ferdinand case is another type. Ferdinand was offered the chance to agree with Terry's account of their verbal clash at the weekend and chose not to, neither accusing the England captain of racism nor supporting Chelsea's argument that it was all a "misunderstanding" and is now water under the (Stamford) Bridge.

By passing the case on to the FA, Queens Park Rangers kept this potentially incendiary incident very much alive. The impetus comes from them, not Ferdinand, who was claimed by some close to the case to have been oblivious to Terry's alleged remarks until the Chelsea captain approached him to discuss it in the tunnel after the match.

The suggestion here is that Ferdinand's concern developed only after he heard about it on the radio and saw the fuss on social media sites.

Anomalies jump out from both sides. Terry's defence is that he was telling Ferdinand he had not used a racist term against him. But if Ferdinand had not made that allegation in the first place (and only learned of it after the match), how could Terry have been responding to a charge that Ferdinand could not have verbalised?

Rio Ferdinand's younger brother declined to take the lead after Tuesday's inquest at the QPR training ground. To the outsider this suggests either that he is unsure of his ground or that he did not want to associate himself directly with such a serious accusation against Rio Ferdinand's partner in the centre of England's defence. With Anton's agreement, presumably, the affair was passed to a second higher authority. The Metropolitan police had already become involved when a member of the public filed a complaint, based, probably, on recordings of the incident freely available on websites.

With this visual material flying around cyberspace, the blogosphere and Twitter, Terry's defence was that Ashley Cole walking across the camera shot had obscured the first part of his remark to Ferdinand: the bit, Terry says, in which he shouts "I did not call you a …" at the QPR man. The footage is chilling, because the offending words are apparently so clear, but also disembodied, because Cole stops us seeing what Terry said before he used a profoundly nasty and potentially illegal phrase.

Where the Suárez and Terry cases converge is that witnesses would be needed for the allegations to have traction. In neither case could presumptions be made until the facts are known, assuming they can be.

Confronted by this horrible storm Chelsea went on the offensive. André Villas-Boas, their manager, said: "He [Terry] said to me the incident was a big misunderstanding. That's why he put his statement out straight away. I find it strange when people don't trust the words of a representative from your country.

"Anton was present in our dressing room. For us, it was end of story and it still is. It's just a misunderstanding and something blown out of all proportion. People who represent this country should have better and fuller support."

This last contention is perverse. The idea that an England captain should be absolved by right on the basis of his role in the national side as well as a complicated denial would not carry much weight in court. It is for the FA, and the police, not Villas-Boas, to decide if it was a misunderstanding.

Mention of Terry's role with England confirms the acute sensitivity of this episode. The captain's affair with the ex-partner of Wayne Bridge caused a diplomatic hoo-ha in the England camp and caused Terry to lose the armband. This is far more grave. Rio Ferdinand will take a keen interest in proceedings, as will England's other black players. In this context Terry is doubtless especially grateful for the support of Cole.

Another of Terry's problems is that Anton Ferdinand's position does not offer clarity. Chelsea could not make the charge evaporate, however hard Villas-Boas tried. Terry needed Ferdinand to announce that a racial epithet had not been used by England's leader, or at least that he accepted the intricate explanation offered by Terry.

Either he felt unable to do this, or was advised not to by QPR, which means that two of the top names in the Premier League (Suárez and Terry) are pursued by the gravest allegations, while the new media act immediately as judge and jury.

This is a template for how allegations will be played out from now on. Lawyers and the police trail in the wake of a new form of scrutiny that looks unstoppable as Terry mobilises to save his England career.
Although it's very much up in the air I can't see why Terry would jump in and say that unless he was hastily trying to cover it up. Moreover the video footage seems to indicate he's definitely saying 'black c***'

Drainy

Although it's very much up in the air I can't see why Terry would jump in and say that unless he was hastily trying to cover it up. Moreover the video footage seems to indicate he's definitely saying 'black c***'
If the FA report into the Evra Chelsea groundsman incident is anything to go by, the fact Cole is there and didn't report him is evidence that he's innocent since Cole hasn't said he's guilty.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
If I'm trying to convince someone I didn't use a racial slur, I'm not going to use the slur when claiming my defense. "I didn't say that!" would have been the thing to say.

Strangely, now we have Terry admitting that what was caught on camera was him saying a slur. It's basically been proven, so does he have to now 'prove' that he prefaced the term with 'I didn't call you a..." to get off?

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Better question is: why Anton Ferdinand keeps his mouth shut? If Terry did say what many here already assumed he did, why not come forward and plead his case? If not, and it was a misunderstanding, come out and deny the implications. He neither accuses Terry nor defends him while the media is having a field day.

Kind of a cowardly behavior, if you ask me.

Drainy

Better question is: why Anton Ferdinand keeps his mouth shut? If Terry did say what many here already assumed he did, why not come forward and plead his case? If not, and it was a misunderstanding, come out and deny the implications. He neither accuses Terry nor defends him while the media is having a field day.

Perhaps he didn't hear him say the words, but the situation surrounding the event weren't what John Terry said. ie he never accused John Terry of saying something racist during the game.

It would be difficult to accuse someone of racism and then say you didnt hear it yourself, far easier to get the FA to investigate and put on record what the events leading up to the incident were, independent of a personal complaint. Especially since Terry has admitted using the words pretty much, its the context that would feck him.

dicko

Perhaps Anton Ferdinand is leaving his comments to the investigating authorities rather than trial by media?