Terry spat at Tevez

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Champions League final: Did Chelsea captain John Terry spit at Carlos Tevez?

By Charlie Caroe
Last Updated: 7:04pm BST 22/05/2008

Chelsea captain John Terry could find himself in trouble after footage from last night's Champions League final defeat in Moscow focuses on an alleged spitting incident involving Carlos Tevez.

The Luzhniki Stadium runners-up have fiercely denied that any spitting took place. But in televised footage of the game Terry, who was making his return to the Chelsea team following 10 days out with a dislocated elbow, was seen approaching the Manchester United forward, and wiping his nose on his own sleeve.

Champions League final: Did Chelsea captain John Terry spit at Carlos Tevez?
Did he, didn't he? Footage of John Terry's confrontation with Carlos Tevez is inconclusive

Tevez rubbed the back of his neck after the England international walked away, suggesting something else may have occurred.

While the evidence was inconclusive, the episode added more misery to a night that Terry will hope to forget as soon as possible.

As well as being the losing captain in the first all-English Champions League final, Terry also missed the chance to lift the trophy for his side in front of club owner Roman Abramovich.

After Cristiano Ronaldo's spotkick had been saved by Petr Cech in the penalty shoot-out, Terry had the opportunity to secure a first European Cup for the west London side, but he slipped and his penalty struck the upright to bring United back into the contest.

When Nicolas Anelka subsequently failed to convert his kick, Terry's tears were only too evident, and now he will be hoping to put the events in the Luzhniki Statdium behind him.
link

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A few posts...
I have been a Chelsea fan for years, but for the best part of last night I was embarrassed by the way my team reacted to decisions made by the Ref and linesman. No change there then as they have been behaving like that since Roman Abramovich bought the club, but last night showed John Terry, Ricardo Carvalho, Makelele and Didier Drogba for what they are in addition to this. Arrogant, disrespectful and at times during the game utter thuggish. Shame then that all the very good things that they did in the game shadow the bad.
The funny thing is that the man with all the dignity, respect of others and etiquette, Avram Grant might lose his job. Why… ? Because he does not have the right charisma…! Oh so we are not saying he’s a bad manager then…?
You could say we were very unlucky to lose by the way we played, but we certainly lost it in the behaviour stakes

Posted by SteveB on May 22, 2008 10:05 PM
I was in Moscow and saw this disgusting coward celebrate Ronaldo's miss like they had already won the cup. Now seeing this vile act of cowardice on Tevez I am even happier that the no mark missed his penalty! Would he have done it to Vidic or Rooney? I doubt it or he would be crying in pain rather than self pity! Stop crying and deal with the fact you bottled it on the biggest stage! Keep talking John and look forward to another trophyless season next season and never being England Captain again!

Posted by Seagull on May 22, 2008 8:14 PM

Younited.7

united.7
"I am a man with simple tastes - I am always
As i have said preciously:

I was on facebook the other day and asked my partially deaf friend (who can lipread and supports Chelsea) to tell me what he said in the GIF and a youtube replay. He thinks, though can never be 100% sure given the angle, that Terry said:

"You fecking Argie"

"cnut"

Any way you look at that it is not the correct behaviour for an England captain. Whether he spat or not; i dont know, it just looks as though he is trying to give him a mouthful, he might have intended to spray nazi juice over Tevez but it would be difficult to prove that he meant to spit on him. There will be blood spilt next season, i cannot imagine the next time we meet being a friendly encounter.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
He shagged her in a hotel lift at a party. That's what i heard anyway.

Slapper.

Woodzy

heh... watch Drogba in the clip... it could have been him...
Good spot actually. The facial expression of Drgoba and timing of Tevez' reaction suggests it. Only problem is that you can't see any spit, but nor can you from Terry.