Thank god that's over

ash_86

Do you know something. It was a great night, but in the end it was the worst thing that happened to this side. They just seemed to lose focus and believed they were brilliant.
Well that's good in a way cause the recent form allows us to have no uncertainty about the quality of the squad

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I didn't think we could end a season more toxically than last. I was wrong.

I have no idea how we begin to fix the utter mess we've gotten ourselves into. We're broken in every department. Where there's the right attitude, there is the wrong ability. Where the ability is there, the attitude stinks. And anyone with genuine capacity to alter our sorry slide from the top has shown little desire to do so.

For the number of players needing shipping out, we simply won't be able to find replacements. Every team will look to bend us over no matter who we go in for, meaning our board take the view that what we've currently got is worth sticking with.

No player worth forking out for is going to actively push to play for us, so the only way we can get players in is through spending big. And that just breeds the same mentality problems we currently have.

Only before we restructure the entire operation will we start to build positively. And it's going to have to get a hell of a lot worse before that happens.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well that's good in a way cause the recent form allows us to have no uncertainty about the quality of the squad
They need to get rid of most of them, but you just know he has his favourites, who are probably the worse culprits and they will lose him his job in the end.

Suvvernmanc

Litterarly nothing to look forward to it feels with UTD at the moment... Until the pre season starts and I'll have re ordered MUTV, I'll be up at 3am watching our new signings and the kids tearing it up. Getting all excited only for more failure next season.

The only way we will do better next season is with a complete overhaul of the squad. 8 out and 6 in.

Roger

Well at least one good thing to come out of this season Salford City won promotion. I'll get the chance to catch them when they come and play at Swindon.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What are you talking about, the nation league semi's are on soon. The real stuff is getting started now that the silly club part is over.

I know, Im weird.

Josh 76

I've one of a few people who has never watch Game of Thrones. So I was going to start watching it in the summer to get over the weeks without football. Now I'm thinking I might start to watch it at the start of next season because I don't want to watch football anymore.

rio's upper lip

Not even close to being over.

Worst case scenario:

- Liverpool win the CL.
- Arsenal win the EL to claim that 5th CL spot for next year. All of the top 6, excluding us, will ply their trade against the best in Europe next year.
- Watford beats City in the FA Cup final to put us through a 6 match qualifying phase to reach the true pinnacle of European football - The Europa league. The first match is on the 25th of July, which coincides with our pre-seasons match against Spurs at another fecking continent. Which in turn may feck up our whole preparation for the season, with key players already looking likely to leave. And we're about to sign some no name Speedy Gonzalez mid level Championship talent to compound our misery.

This is truly the lowest point for us since SAF left. Not even a contest.

RedIke

A bit harsh on Daniel James. But that's for another thread.

I couldn't wait for this season to be over. Now that's its over I'm even happier.

But it's just dawned on me. I hate the transfer season more than ever. Going to go through this summer with blinders on. Because it's going to be the absolute worst.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Not even close to being over.

Worst case scenario:

- Liverpool win the CL.
- Arsenal win the EL to claim that 5th CL spot for next year. All of the top 6, excluding us, will ply their trade against the best in Europe next year.
- Watford beats City in the FA Cup final to put us through a 6 match qualifying phase to reach the true pinnacle of European football - The Europa league. The first match is on the 25th of July, which coincides with our pre-seasons match against Spurs at another fecking continent. Which in turn may feck up our whole preparation for the season, with key players already looking likely to leave. And we're about to sign some no name Speedy Gonzalez mid level Championship talent to compound our misery.

This is truly the lowest point for us since SAF left. Not even a contest.
It's true.

I genuinely fear that we could end up in the bottom half of the league next season.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A shit season. I'm now torn between thinking there's a good chance it carries into next which sees it become an even worse one, and being hopeful that we'll see enough change for it to make a difference.

ash_86

They need to get rid of most of them, but you just know he has his favourites, who are probably the worse culprits and they will lose him his job in the end.
I have to agree with you on this. Hopefully he'll learn from this.

I think everyone is pleased it’s over! Can’t even be bothered to comment on today’s match, I can’t see why anyone would even bother to watch it to be honest.

We will no see what the club and OGS are made of. He’s got a horrendous job to do, so many issues to sort out. I hope he’s the right man for the job - the issues around quality of player, inappropriate contracts and attitute of players would be there no matter who’s led the team for the last 6 months. It all starts afresh as far as I’m concerned. I have no bloody idea where he should start!

ExoduS

This has to be the first time I am not excited at all for the next season. There was some hope every year but now I have no hope. Basically I am just hoping that we are not embarrassingly bad next season. That's it. Like if we finish in the top 5 next season, that will be success.

Something is so rotten in our team, it's becoming scary. Like, fans are getting numb, unemotional. Very, very concerning. We are at the risk of becoming like AC Milan or Olympic Marseille.

manUfan2005

Unless Ole pulls a miracle out of arse, it will be more of the same next season. Probably worse. Mid table beckons.
Yes. there has to be a miracle. If you look at the EPL table from 7 to 11 position each of those managers have their team playing better and better. If their form continues into the next season then we are definitely mid table

Al-T

Thank goodness that season is over. I'd like to believe I wouldn't have to bother hearing about this bunch again until August. But I suppose somehow City will lose to Watford in the cup. Then we'll have to start thinking about these frauds and underperformers when they have to get their lazy arses off the beach and turn up for the Europa League qualifiers in July.

Four managers plus Giggs spell as caretaker after Sir Alex stepped aside. Young, Jones, Smalling are still here stinking the place up and starting in the back four and we're still releasing press statements how we are glad Phil has signed a new contract because he knows the club; or how Ashley's experience will be invaluable going forward. Or how if Alexis stays fit, he'll have a big contribution to make. Or maybe if Lukaku is properly fit rather than a tree he'll make amends for a 'disappointing' campaign. You could swap the lot for a set of socket spanners and you'd have got a good deal.

Feck the lot of them.