That night in Paris - was it worth it?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
if you can't even find happiness in those sort of nights then why are you even following football and no less a club?
Well, first of all, I was on the other side of the coin in that regard, given that I was born in Paris and was rooting for PSG and suffered yet another Champion's league collapse of their own design against a United team that was outclassed. I'd say the real challenge is still finding a way to watch these European ties, no matter how great the names of the players on your team are, and consistently find disappointment with the insane hope that maybe this year will be different.

It's not my place to tell anybody here how to feel about it, but it's my right to feel it's a bit strange given it really wound up being meaningless for the club in terms of Europe (compared to many other major events in the club's history), and also gave them a false sense of where the team was which led to a complete faltering of their form. Put it this way, were the tables turned and PSG won that tie, I would expect the fanbase to cherish that night far more, because of their limited history in Europe, despite being dominated, than a club like United that's got far better moments to look back on.

Amarsdd

Well, first of all, I was on the other side of the coin in that regard, given that I was born in Paris and was rooting for PSG
your comments makes more sense now ...

It's not my place to tell anybody here how to feel about it, but it's my right to feel it's a bit strange given it really wound up being meaningless for the club in terms of Europe (compared to many other major events in the club's history), and also gave them a false sense of where the team was which led to a complete faltering of their form. Put it this way, were the tables turned and PSG won that tie, I would expect the fanbase to cherish that night far more, because of their limited history in Europe, despite being dominated, than a club like United that's got far better moments to look back on.
past better moments shouldn't really dilute the present good moments. It doesn't for me and hope it doesn't for you if PSG start winning these sorta ties or trophies. If it does, then you can just retire supporting the club after a few great moments cause you think nothing can better that in the future. Anyway, for us that moment came at a time when we were having a very bad season and also hadn't had such moments for a few years.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's so madness to even questioning whether our victory is worthy or no. Even if you are Ole out, that match was valuable experienced for our young players & also the teenagers from academy who got involved in that match.

SteveW

Considering Ole is on the right track, improving the players and signing well it was obviously worth it.

Weird that people still question that.