The “Ole In” Brigade

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
yes there is evidence - Spurs. He turned them into a consistent top 4 team. His final season doesn't change that fact. He also got them to a Champions League final. The levels of delusion in this thread are staggering. It's like nobody wants to look at actual facts and evidence. The records are there. Poch's record as a Premier League manager is there to see for anyone that actually wants real facts. Allegri's record is there; it's a damn good one. Ole's record as a Premier League manager is there; it is staggeringly poor especially when you take away the new manager bounce. It's amazing how many people want to toss aside Allegri's win with Milan like it's an after thought. It's like "oh he won with Juventus, so what, it's a one team League." Let's not mention that other title with Milan in the one team League.
They were already a consistent top 4/5 team. The only difference is United dropped out and Liverpool did too to make it easier to get into the CL places.

Poch did a good job at Southampton and he did a good job at Spurs. He didn't do absolute wonders did he? He'd need to with the squad we've got to make him worthwhile.

Allegri's record is there. I've mentioned Milan in every post I've made about him, check them. He had a title winning Milan side as the only side capable of challenging Juve and then he moved to Juve. There's no record of him doing wonders with a squad as bad as ours right now.

You're seeing what you want to see.

I'm not biased towards Ole, I'm biased against changing managers yet again for no reason worthwhile. There is nobody out there that would make us a consistent team this season and I don't trust the options out there to do a better job at planning the rebuld than Ole. Pochettino's transfer record is abysmal and Allegri got transfers that United would never get at Juve.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Ole sells Lukkaku to Inter and loans out Sanchez while we pay him 250 k a week to play for inter. United sat in 8th place late december. What a genius.

Meanwhile Inter sits atop of the table in the Seria after 8 years of juve dominance. Conte what a clown, glad he's not our manager.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He’s doing the right things he possibly can for the club, not himself. Think what you like of him but he’s doing everything he can for the right reasons, for the club. That alone allows him a break from the mindless criticism he gets
Ha ha ha. So now he is a saint?
He was a coach in Molde. Only and only because he is club's legend, he got biggest job in the world and is paid 10 times more. He would never be a coach of any decent club but he got this job. Now, only because he knows that his career on highest level is over after United, he refuse to resign despite having embarrassing results and displays on the pitch.

So no, he is not some good guy who is doing some kind of "sacrifice" for this club. He is a leecher who will not resign even if he gets this club relegated. It is like when you try to move your cat from somewhere and she sticks her claws into it.

Last edited:

Lentwood

Epic, Epic, Epic Fail from @Lentwood !

I find it's even funnier if you imagine cheesy 'uplifting', 'patriotic' music playing while reading the absolute guff, comedy OP.

Great stuff, Merry Christmas one and all!
I don’t need the mob on here to agree with me, I post this stuff so that in 12 months when we’re hounding out the next poor bloke in the dugout I can say “told you so” like I’ve very much enjoyed doing with LvG and Jose.

AFC NimbleThumb

Bizarre reply, your holding Ole responsible for getting deals done?

I'd hazard a guess Ole's as pissed as us that deals haven't been done to replace first team players, but he's not going out and start a war with Woodward straight away is he.

Ole probably didn't think they'd be as inept as they've been , I find it hilarious your attempting to shift that responsibility onto Ole.

Get a grip
You. Claim Woodward has hamstrung OgS with his transfers [I neither agree nor disagree cause unlike you I’m not an active member of the board] so I said if we criticise him for the inability to secure signings we shouldn’t then praise OgS for the sales.

Either OgS is in charge of transfers [something I doubt] or Woodward is but there is an ‘Ole in’ contingent that critique Woodward for transfer inefficiency whilst praising OgS for ridding the deadwood they don’t like.

The only grip to be gotten here is yours on comprehension. Now calm down & drink responsibly, I never said OgS is responsible for transfers or he isn’t I’ve asked his apologists to be consistent. Merry Christmas.

Rocknrolla69er

You. Claim Woodward has hamstrung OgS with his transfers [I neither agree nor disagree cause unlike you I’m not an active member of the board] so I said if we criticise him for the inability to secure signings we shouldn’t then praise OgS for the sales.

Either OgS is in charge of transfers [something I doubt] or Woodward is but there is an ‘Ole in’ contingent that critique Woodward for transfer inefficiency whilst praising OgS for ridding the deadwood they don’t like.

The only grip to be gotten here is yours on comprehension. Now calm down & drink responsibly, I never said OgS is responsible for transfers or he isn’t I’ve asked his apologists to be consistent. Merry Christmas.
So are you sitting on the fence or not, it sounds like you've drank too much yourself, realised you want to get off but you've slipped and are dangling by your leg.

Stop posting mystic bollocks looking for attention

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Posts like this make for grim reading on Christmas Day of all days.
It was a joke to him, I know he's not of Ole cultists who thinks no one can do a better job than him.

Greck

There's nothing wrong with questioning him, which is why I didn't do that. there's everything wrong with trying to claim he isn't a better and more proven manager than Ole based on their respective careers so far.
I want you to say with a straight face that winning the Norwegian league is a greater football accomplishment than runners up in the CL.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Poch did wonders at Saints and at Spurs in comparison to what Ole has done at Cardiff and is doing at United. Stop embarrassing yourself @matherto

wolvored

I think it would take a home game say Newcastle beating us 3-0 with us only having 1 or 2 shots on target to get the booing fans going. Thats the only way Woody/Glazers will have a rethink. While we are winning 1 and losing 2 narrowly its giving Ole a free season without worrying about the consequences. When did you last see Ole off the bench shouting and bawling like Klopp Pep Rodgers, even Nuno and Wilder for example, when its not going right? When he can come out with statements like this season is to see how to improve the team for next season, then even the players cant be bothered to put extra effort in. You get the likes of Lingard saying the team dont have the right mentality, as if he is above it all. There is a lot wrong at Utd and Ole isnt even getting the basics right.

SteveCoppellFan

Personally, I am a Ole in type of guy.

But one thing is for sure, Solskjaer is not getting sacked before the summer regardless of whether we think he deserves it or not so everyone needs to stop bickering over it as all you are doing is wasting your own energy on something that is not going to happen anytime soon.

We will see if any players come in in January and by the end of the season we will have a good idea if Solskjaer has any future as United's manager.

Merry Xmas all :)

Castia

You just need to look at his record from March last year until now and it’s almost relegation form.One of the worst overall win rates in the league and if he was sacked tomorrow even Watford wouldn’t consider hiring him.

Seems to get a lot of praise for his summer signings when Maguire is looking like another massive flop in my eyes. He’s an average defender with a world class price tag, he doesn’t look anywhere near a £80m player.

I was Ole in, Ive even got Solskjaer 20 on the back of this seasons top but this season has been the worst since SAF retired, add the abysmal run since March and it’s hard to see any positives.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Let's hire Roberto di Matteo. He actually won the CL after his fluke run.
Nothing about what Pochettino did at Spurs was flukey. I think we both know that you saying Poch hasn't proven himself as a better manager than Ole was an embarrassment of a statement.

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
So what’s wrong with letting Ole have next season? See if he can sign the #9 and #10 we need to challenge for top 2/3?

He’s signed three players, we all acknowledged we probably needed 7/8 minimum
Don’t disagree at all on the players needed. But apart from against the big sides where we can counter them all day, I don’t see a plan for the lower placed sides in the division, Do you really think that another striker is going to change the way we approach the game against the Bournemouth’s and Watford’s? If we sign Haaland for instance he’s a striker of potential no doubt but does he have the nous and guile to make that much of a difference? Martial was meant to be that striker this season and while we do look better with him we still don’t look like breaking teams down.

but I ask in return. If after giving him another season a striker and a number 10, and we still struggle against anyone outside the top 6 do we then say he needs player X and Player Y and another season? Or do we accept that Ole (who shall remain a club legend regardless) isn’t the man to complete the rebuilding job.

LJJT

Ha ha ha. So now he is a saint?
He was a coach in Molde. Only and only because he is club's legend, he got biggest job in the world and is paid 10 times more. He would never be a coach of any decent club but he got this job. Now, only because he knows that his career on highest level is over after United, he refuse to resign despite having embarrassing results and displays on the pitch.

So no, he is not some good guy who is doing some kind of "sacrifice" for this club. He is a leecher who will not resign even if he gets this club relegated. It is like when you try to move your cat from somewhere and she sticks her claws into it.
how old are you? 6? Think there’s a lot more leechers on here than ole. He’s no saint but he’s doing the best things he can, for the club, not himself

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is the thing... What is the rush, I’ve said before, we were never winning anything or even likely to finish top four in this season.

Therefore, as Ole’s signings have been good, it does no harm to let him remain and see where we finish.
He said it himself -

This season is for building a squad.

The way 99% of the forum have there legs open for Haaland to come here is an indication alongside the other youngsters he's played aswell as the players he's bought - I'm okay with purely giving him a transfer window and time for him to blood Greenwood & Co.

It really will help us more than just bringing in a new manager in now and trying to fight for something we won't get.

Just sign Pochettino or whoever for summer & this is all sorted to the best possible deal. Ole has time to build something & go and we start again in a better state - not a purely crumbled one.

Lentwood

Don’t disagree at all on the players needed. But apart from against the big sides where we can counter them all day, I don’t see a plan for the lower placed sides in the division, Do you really think that another striker is going to change the way we approach the game against the Bournemouth’s and Watford’s? If we sign Haaland for instance he’s a striker of potential no doubt but does he have the nous and guile to make that much of a difference? Martial was meant to be that striker this season and while we do look better with him we still don’t look like breaking teams down.

but I ask in return. If after giving him another season a striker and a number 10, and we still struggle against anyone outside the top 6 do we then say he needs player X and Player Y and another season? Or do we accept that Ole (who shall remain a club legend regardless) isn’t the man to complete the rebuilding job.
I would let Ole choose a #9 and a #10 and then yes, I would expect that we should see a significant improvement in our return against the weaker sides - and if we don’t then yes we would likely need to be looking at replacing Ole

I just don’t get why everyone is so angry. We pretty much unanimously accepted this season was likely to be transitional but so many seem to have lost the stomach for it so soon

cheeky_backheel

1. Ole is a terrible coach but firing him should not be the first step in fixing the problems

2. Root of the problem is Ed and the high level of influence the clueless guy has on football decisions. We need to make a change beyond the manager.

how old are you? 6? Think there’s a lot more leechers on here than ole. He’s no saint but he’s doing the best things he can, for the club, not himself
Bollocks! He's doing it first and foremost for himself, he's on a massive wage and he desperately wants this job and to hold onto it.

A year in he's proving to be nowhere near good enough and do any of us think he'll walk? Will he feck. Will he walk next December if we're in the same position? My arse he will, he'll be claiming it's a 4 year job.

Every single manager of Manchester United has done what they believe is "best for the club" because best for the club is what is best for them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is the Pochettino vs Ole a serious conversation?

Is the Pochettino vs Ole a serious conversation?
I also like the idea that posters are claiming Ole has made all the right moves in the transfer market for the club going forward, yet somehow it'll all crumble if we were to change to Poch now.

Like, how does that work out? If Ole is doing a good job with the squad, surely that just means it's an easier job for an incoming manager like Poch? Right?

momo83

Massive Snowflake
As a proud member of the “Ole in” brigade, I’m getting tired of seeing the same lazy criticisms of us/the manager gathering likes on the Caf and Twitter.

I wanted to address them all in one place, hopefully some fellow sensible supporters will be able to add their own arguments

1) “The love for Ole is all based on nostalgia and reverence for an ex-Red”

Not true. I’ve never seen a single argument from a pro-Ole supporter saying that he should remain in the job because he is an ex-player/club legend. This argument has been made up by the anti-Ole brigade, who have then proceeded to get angry at their own argument.

2) “Utd have made their worst start/worst away record/worst this/worse that”

Could. Not. Give. A. Monkeys. Anybody who expected any more from this season, with this squad and these players was always setting themselves up for a fall. Re-adjust your expectations based on reality.

3) “Ole is a failed Cardiff manager”

So what? People need to get over this idea that the success or failure of a club begins and ends with the manager.

4) “Jose Mourinho blah blah blah”

I liked Jose but with the benefit of hindsight, he had completely lost the plot in that 3rd season. Also, the man left over a year ago...let’s stop going on about it.

5) “We’re Man Utd, we should be doing X,Y....”

Means nothing. We’re currently an irrelevant club with mediocre players run by a clown and owned by shareholders looking to make a quick dollar. We’ve no divine right to win anything or sign any player because “we’re Man Utd”

6) “Ole is a poor Coach”

No evidence for this. People are obsessed with the idea of coaching but (most) of these players are 20+....you can’t make them play slicker, faster football just by “coaching”. Same way Pep can’t coach his philosophy to certain players, difference is City have been well-run for ten years so their squad needs minor tweaks every year not major surgery.
1) No different to people countering anyone that wants the incompetent manager out with “you’re not a real fan” but honestly, I’ve genuinely not seen any rational argument for keeping Ole, even “he made good signings” point is proving to be worthless as the players that he signed regress under his ‘leadership’

2) This squad finished 2nd. Ole has had a window and has made our midfield even weaker. It seems this squad could get relegated and Ole in would be like “don’t blame Ole”. What happened to a coach getting the best out of his players?

3) Flopped at Cardiff. Actually past performance is often a indication of future performance.... pretty much all the complaints levelled at Ole during his atrocity of a spell at Cardiff apply to his atrocity of a spell at United.

4) Agreed. But Ole is easiest removed incompetence

5) his a terrible coach. After one year we can’t outplay bottom of the league teams.

Halftrack

We've moved on from "Ole's a clueless fool" to "Ole is a leech who's not resigning because he wants to enrich himself, because he knows he'll never get a good job ever again?"

Stay classy, Caf.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I also like the idea that posters are claiming Ole has made all the right moves in the transfer market for the club going forward, yet somehow it'll all crumble if we were to change to Poch now.

Like, how does that work out? If Ole is doing a good job with the squad, surely that just means it's an easier job for an incoming manager like Poch? Right?
I'm worried about the fact that we spent 150m on 3 players that aren't actually making us better to the point where some fans try to argue that it was part of the plan.

Alabaster Codify7

There are fans that clearly see it that way.

Yep, some do. Personally, I do feel that Pochettino is a little bit over-rated on here and in general and isn't a perfect replacement but he's still much, much better than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Roy Hodgson is better than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - both in the past, and at present. He is simply a better manager. Old-fashioned and out of date, sure. Ole is a bit more modern in that respect, but Roy is still better.

AFC NimbleThumb

So are you sitting on the fence or not, it sounds like you've drank too much yourself, realised you want to get off but you've slipped and are dangling by your leg.

Stop posting mystic bollocks looking for attention
Dangling by a leg? We disagree on an internet forum, calm down.

I will repeat as you’re blatantly hard of reading.

If people want to criticise Woodward for transfers in they should also compliment him for transferring the deadwood & if OgS ‘authorised’ outgoings without the guarantee of replacements he’s an idiot.

There is nothing to hang on to in regards that comment but feel free to carry on, I’m enjoying your attempts to divert this conversation away from the ‘fact’ OgS is out of his depth & the excuse it’s due to Woodward alone is outlandish.

Sitting on the fence :lol:

Drink responsibly.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I don’t need the mob on here to agree with me, I post this stuff so that in 12 months when we’re hounding out the next poor bloke in the dugout I can say “told you so” like I’ve very much enjoyed doing with LvG and Jose.
I guess you get those scraps of enjoyment wherever you can find them these days as a United fan.

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
I would let Ole choose a #9 and a #10 and then yes, I would expect that we should see a significant improvement in our return against the weaker sides - and if we don’t then yes we would likely need to be looking at replacing Ole

I just don’t get why everyone is so angry. We pretty much unanimously accepted this season was likely to be transitional but so many seem to have lost the stomach for it so soon
I think the fact is the transition was expected to have us places 5th - 3rd not 10th-6th. I agree it would be nicer for people to be more eloquent with their general unhappiness rather than seem to be shouting at their keyboard

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
We've moved on from "Ole's a clueless fool" to "Ole is a leech who's not resigning because he wants to enrich himself, because he knows he'll never get a good job ever again?"

Stay classy, Caf.
I keep seeing posts saying that more and more and it's impossible to shake their faith in their stupid argument that seemingly only applies to Ole and no other struggling manager.

RUCK4444

This is exactly where I am with Ole.

If we get a top #9 and #10 and we don’t see a significant improvement against the lesser teams then that would be the point to part with Ole.

If we let Ole go now I feel there would always be a ‘what if’ lingering, especially once the new manager comes in and inevitably fails.

I know we’ve had some awful results but I’ve seen enough since he arrived to stick with him and see this run it’s course which I believe is two summer transfer windows (a chance at two full seasons.)

I mean if he goes now he literally had one summer window to correct the past 5 years of mismanagement and awful recruitment to the tune of 1 Billion**

jamesjimmybyrondean

Being Ole in is like wanting Pereira as your starting AM when you could get Bruno Fernandes.

You'd rather have Pereira than buy Bruno because Pereira came from the academy or because he presses or because he has the few flashes of brilliance. But ultimately he is bang average. And you can't say he will become world class as he develops because he's just not good.

Same thing with Ole. He would have those wins that will give you hope (which is equivalent Pereiras flashes of brilliance) but in the end he is no where good enough.

Imagine trying to instill the tactics you used in Molde on a club like Manchester United. That's like going from coaching a 5 aside to coaching on professional level

Stay classy, Caf.
Who’s said that?

Not very classy to just make shit up is it? My post for example just said it how it is, every manager, including Fergie was in it for himself at the end of the day, and every manager wants what they believe is best for the club.

RUCK4444

There's nothing wrong with questioning him, which is why I didn't do that. there's everything wrong with trying to claim he isn't a better and more proven manager than Ole based on their respective careers so far.
Yeah I pretty much agree. Just wanted to point out that Pochettino would be far from a sure bet.

I mean he had the best no 9 in the world during his time at Spurs.

The most he achieved was second place in the league, something Mourinho did with a much weaker United side - and none of us were happy with Mourinho.

shadowcat

I don’t post often and this may be slightly off topic but honestly I’m just tired of our fan base constantly arguing and fighting with each other.

we are all fans of the club, where’re your Ole in or Ole out. We should all be united against the owners, board and Woodward.
The entire structure at the club is a mess and needs a revamp. Unlikely this will happen unless we all unite together under the same banner.
I’m not saying that fans aren’t entitled to opinions. But having a go at your fellow fan saying “he’s not a real fan” or “you shouldn’t say anything about the board” “don’t blame the players” and so on is not right and won’t solve the issue.

we all want the club to be the best and win trophies and it won’t happen if we keep doing the same thing over and over. Sacking manager after manager, not get rid of players that aren’t good for the club.
I’m no expert but all I know is that if you want to be successful you hire the best of the best and be ruthless. In every department of the club.

So please, the world is horrible already (new India citizen thing, wars etc) can we please all get along without the racism, fighting and name calling and discuss like civil humans. Thank you!

Halftrack

Who’s said that?

Not very classy to just make shit up is it? My post for example just said it how it is, every manager, including Fergie was in it for himself at the end of the day, and every manager wants what they believe is best for the club.
I mean, you responded to a guy who responded to this:
Which says exactly that.

Not very classy to assume I'm just making stuff up.

Flying high

I'm worried about the fact that we spent 150m on 3 players that aren't actually making us better to the point where some fans try to argue that it was part of the plan.
Perhaps you missed the part where for those 3 players coming in, 6 other players left. And already ageing players like Mata, Matic and Young are another year older and urgently need replacing.

Had Ole been allowed to bring in 6 players, it would be much fairer to judge him on performance.