The 2024 Carabao Cup Final - Chelsea V Liverpool

E-mal

I pray I have self control when I come across Andy Robertson, he has a punchable face

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I just don't think that should count as interfering, he was never getting to the ball. Its just too much looking for something to disallow a goal. If the goals given, no one says anything, and probably because most of the time those goals do stand.

I just want more goals, VAR seems to take more than it gives.

Still funny its happened to them though.
Why wasn’t he getting to the ball? He was in front of VVD and alongside him. The only reason he was a mile behind him when VVD scored is because Endo blocked his path before he could even get going.

Korwas

The commentators here are useless so I didn't understand why Liverpools goal was ruled out. Looks like it was because Endo who was offside stopped Colwell from marking Van Dijk. It's the correct decision but god damn I hate how VAR removes emotion.I would rather get to celebrate all goals again and live with getting f'd over from time to time.

Dudu

'unlike Robertson?!'

That is literally textbook Robertson.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Looking forward to all the talk post game being about the scandalous decision of correctly disallowing Liverpool's goal whilst our perfect good goal was disallowed by VAR for being 'offside'.

Rex Banner

It's a nonsense decision. One of those that would never be given in real time, but is a result of VAR overanalyzing every goal and just looking for reasons to disallow.

If that was against United we'd all be fuming.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's a nonsense decision. One of those that would never be given in real time, but is a result of VAR overanalyzing every goal and just looking for reasons to disallow.

We were against Fulham

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I agree, going by the laws of the game I think it's a definite offside. No block and Colwill could win the ball or challenge to put VVD off.

I don't really like the rule but understand there is a great area over what is or isn't classed as involvement.
I don’t think there is anything wrong with the rule. Villa have been doing it all season and somehow getting away with it. It’s abusing the rules

Jev

I just don't think that should count as interfering, he was never getting to the ball. Its just too much looking for something to disallow a goal. If the goals given, no one says anything, and probably because most of the time those goals do stand.

This. Nobody on here would call that a correct decision if it wasn’t against Liverpool, and we all know it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Out of curiosity, does that decision totally wipe out the penalty for Chilwell having a great big dirty hold of Van Djik's shirt on the free kick?
Exactly what I was thinking. That started before Endo got involved. Penalty. No 20 minutes review on that.

Judas

Open to offers
Why wasn’t he getting to the ball? He was in front of VVD and alongside him. The only reason he was a mile behind him when VVD scored is because Endo blocked his path before he could even get going.
To be fair after rewatching it, it is a clearer foul than on my initial viewings :lol: :nervous:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

He’s literally stood by VVD as free kicks taken?

Red00012

City pen against Hojlund “holding “

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
To be fair after rewatching it, it is a clearer foul than on my initial viewings :lol: :nervous:
Yeah I’m not getting how people can’t see it. It was obstruction as much as offside! The thing is it’s not just something that happened in the moment, that will have been something they worked on in training. Villa do it all the time.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
The offside happens before that but they had hold of each other and you don't get pens when the ball ends up in the back of the net.
Van Djik isn't touching Chilwell, it's 100% contact from one direction. And Van Djik was still Chilwell's man so that foul was happening regardless of any offside.