The 23/24 Biggest Flop Prediction Thread

Big Andy

Bloke
Also, even if Hojlund scored about 20 goals, he'll be seen as a flop as the media seem hell bent on comparing him to Haaland every chance they get, purely as both are blond, tall and are both scandinavian (even though Haaland was born in fecking Leeds)

Pickle85

Another for Havertz here. I wonder whether he'll fly under the radar a bit, though, when he's simply not picked.

Baxquux

Has to be Havertz; they would have been better selling Nketiah to West Ham or Everton and bringing in someone like Vlahovic for similar money to compete with Jesus and give them a focal point. That squad is replete with attacking 8/10s who can also play as inverted wide forwards, and he'll have one good game in 4...

Stadjer

Would be funny if Rice flopped. I imagine he will get a pass anyway. Someone like Pogba had to move heaven and earth to get some praise in the media but im fairly sure that some completed side way passes will be enough for Rice :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Havertz. Arteta won't have him in his best 11 when he realizes for balance he needs a deeper midfielder and Havertz becomes expensive depth for Jesus.

Dont see any of our 3 guys flopping (of course hojlund and mount might, I just don't think they will). Rice won't flop, apart from for the people who call Grealish a flop. Liverpool's 2 midfielders i think will be good.

AshRK

Rice will never be able to justify the price tag but the media will make sure to protect him and arteta.

Telsim

Havertz and Mount. Maybe Sandro Tonali? Big money, that one.

But yeah, for the media it will definitely be Hojlund, no matter he is 20 and in his first season. I expect him to be compared to Haaland on a weekly basis because their names sound the same, so surely we bought him for that.

J2J

Havertz.

Arsenal will settle on a Partey-Rice-Odegaard midfield imo.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I like him a lot but Onana. It's just a gut feeling.

ArbeitervonWien

Havertz.

Arsenal will settle on a Partey-Rice-Odegaard midfield imo.
To be considered a flop you have to disappoint expectations. Do people really expect something from Havertz and why is that?

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal
Onana gives me those flop vibes. Would be interesting to see how he does when competition proper gets underway.

Von Mistelroum

I hate to say it, and I don't think that it will be totally accurate, buti can imagine all of our new signings thus far being called flops all season. Mount isn't exciting so unless we're doing amazingly well, he'll be called a flop. Onana every time he takes a risk that doesn't pay off will be called a flop and compared to the retrospectively perfect De Gea. Finally every time Hojlund isn't Haaland or makes the slightest mistake that any 20 year old who's new to the league might make, he'll be labelled a flop.

I just hope they'll be able to take the heat, because the knives are already being sharpened.

Blood Mage

Hojlund is a likely candidate. Rice another I don't think he's anything special.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I like him a lot but Onana. It's just a gut feeling.
Onana gives me those flop vibes. Would be interesting to see how he does when competition proper gets underway.
He does? That's interesting, I don't particularly get that feeling from him. Especially re the bolded, considering his performance throughout last year's CL and in the final.

ArbeitervonWien

For £60m surely you expect something from him?
Well, I don't. But somebody at Arsenal surprisingly does. However, I'd better not ridicule this transfer too much as Arteta will surely make me look stupid. Eventually, he'll make it work somehow.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
There’s an Onano mistakes compilation on YouTube that is spectacular. This season could be interesting :eek:

Baxquux

There’s an Onano mistakes compilation on YouTube that is spectacular. This season could be interesting :eek:
The trade-off with the ability he gives us to play out from the back more easily, as well as to play a higher-line, added to the fact that DDG was letting all kinds of mistakes creep into his game, means Onana would have to go into a real slump ( ala peak-crisis Kepa) to constitute a proper flop . A couple of failed Bartez-esque antics on their own won't be enough.