The Adjusted League Table

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Wait, no... there is no delta. The -9 becomes -5 (or -3, if you like) when you account for the difficulty of your fixtures thus far. Which is what the adjusted table... the table you invented... does. There is nothing to be explained in the gap between the two, for the same reason that the ease of your run-in offers no more optimistic take on the -5.

Surely?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
The basic implication is that Arsenal would have to perform 5 points better than expected in the run in to reach 89 points. Utd and Chelsea have to perform 2 points better than expected to reach 89 points.

The expectation is already factored in. And as Arsenal are already expected to beat the lower teams, they haven't much hope of making up many points. They have to hope us and Chelsea drop below them basically.

Interval

Level
I think Pete is trying to claim that Arsenal's "alt table" deficit is easier to make up than ours, due to the ease of Arsenal's run in. Which doesn't make any sense.

But you can understand why he's clutching at straws. Poor bloke's had a tough week.
Can somebody just tell him that they aren't winning the title. They might come close but no chance both United and Chelsea will slip up.

Interval

Level
The basic implication is that Arsenal would have to perform 5 points better than expected in the run in to reach 89 points. Utd and Chelsea have to perform 2 points better than expected to reach 89 points.

And that only 1 in those 3 teams will actually be able to do so.

Interval

Level
You chaps seem incapable of dealing with the ambiguity of simultaneously looking at the real and artificial worlds. Hopefully this will become clearer if you get turned over by Villa.
What you're essentially saying is that the teams wherein you were allowed to lose points against in your system are worse off than you had envisioned and hence your chance to make up those 5 lost points is likely.

That we get. But you really can't make your system subjective. Its objective. And right now, it says you'll are behind and won't probably catch up.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You chaps seem incapable of dealing with the ambiguity of simultaneously looking at the real and artificial worlds. Hopefully this will become clearer if you get turned over by Villa.
And drop a single point.

It will be clear that we're still comfortably ahead of Arsenal - in the real and artificial world - if that's what you mean?

Laphroaig

Not according to Rowem's more accurate system.

But probably according to pillory's even more accurate system.

Count Duckula

Do Arsenal actually have much scope for clawing back that -3, though? Using the rules of the table I'd have thought their remaining matches would be all 0s or the occasional + 1.

United are much the same, though, I suppose.

Edit: +.1 (without the fullstop) is starred out? Why?

Laphroaig

Updated.
Do Arsenal actually have much scope for clawing back that -3, though? Using the rules of the table I'd have thought their remaining matches would be all 0s or the occasional + 1.
Arsenal are actually so far behind schedule that no longer can finish at 0 pts. The best they can do, if I'm not mistaken, is -1. (They can get 88 points at most, Rowem's target is 89.5.)

The expectation is already factored in. And as Arsenal are already expected to beat the lower teams, they haven't much hope of making up many points. They have to hope us and Chelsea drop below them basically.

Laphroaig

I already have! (And when I did I discovered that I had given Arsenal a point for their draw at West Ham, for which they shold've had a negative point, so they tumbled down the table, huzzah.)