The All-time Auction Draft

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Let's just wait for everyone to be ready before we begin bidding, even without the time stamps.

Skizzo

Let's just wait for everyone to be ready before we begin bidding, even without the time stamps.
That's actually a fair point, otherwise it's a little unfair for the people who come later who might be unable to bid on someone who already out of their price range.

Some people already got screwed the first time by missing the start of the actual auction, so we should probably wait for everyone to show up before reinforcements.

MDFC Manager

That's actually a fair point, otherwise it's a little unfair for the people who come later who might be unable to bid on someone who already out of their price range.

Some people already got screwed the first time by missing the start of the actual auction, so we should probably wait for everyone to show up before reinforcements.
True that. Maybe even making it compulsory to start bidding at the minimum amount (i.e 10m?), might also be a good idea.

Annahnomoss

I don't mind at all, but it will mean that the draft takes longer which some were complaining about earlier.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Yeah it wasn't something I enjoyed at the start of the draft. It makes a lot of difference seeing a player's price start at 35-40 m when you start bidding, as opposed to being in the bidding war from the start, more or less, yourself.

Also people just kept raising quite recklessly for certain players without the time stamps present - won't be so prevalent in the reinforcements though. Think it inflated the prices of some imo, esp some of the lesser players at the start of the auction round. If everyone was present with the time-stamps being in effect, then I guess the disparity in certain players price ranges would have been more fair - just a theory though.

Maybe I'm being pedantic and could be off here.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
In the interests of transparency and equal opportunity, I'd be inclined to start with a clean slate after everyone has signed in.

#1 Reinforcement: Bids reset.

Annahnomoss

What do you guys think this is? Some sort of democracy in football? That's perverse. That goes against everything that football stands for and Blatter would be ashamed of me but I'll have to bow down to the voters.

Bids will reset and the list will start over when all managers have signed their name on the activity list.

Skizzo

Tbh, I really don't see the difference. It may deny you a couple of raises interim, but has no impact at the end whether you bid before or after the timeline starts!
It can make a difference because if you and I bid back and forth on a player up to 40m and one of us stops, then someone else comes in later, they missed a chance to try and get in to the bidding. if they were there earlier, it may have been their 40m bid that won.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It can make a difference because if you and I bid back and forth on a player up to 40m and one of us stops, then someone else comes in later, they missed a chance to try and get in to the bidding. if they were there earlier, it may have been their 40m bid that won.
I see your point. That said, GS may feel hard done by as he has already shown his hand and that he is willing to pay 30M for Eusebio so if anyone else wants to compete with him they may as well start at 30M, and then he would 100% have to pay more or miss out. A tad harsh IMO given he had been instructed to start, just with no deadline in place.

It wasn't that many bids already in place so you may as well respect those. Just stop any further bidding until everyone is online, absolutely.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I see your point. That said, GS may feel hard done by as he has already shown his hand and that he is willing to pay 30M for Eusebio so if anyone else wants to compete with him they may as well start at 30M, and then he would 100% have to pay more or miss out. A tad harsh IMO given he had been instructed to start, just with no deadline in place.

It wasn't that many bids already in place so you may as well respect those. Just stop any further bidding until everyone is online, absolutely.
Sounds fair.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I'm ok to go now I'm on the other side of the world again....

Annahnomoss

Bidding deadlines has started. The list has been reset so start over from 0. Any questions on rules etc, read post 1 and 2 in the thread - if it isn't there ask me in a PM or in the thread.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Defenders:
Carlos Alberto - 20m - EAP - 10:37

Midfielders:
Neeskens - 20m - EAP - 10:37
Maradona - 41m Theon - 13.17

Forwards:
Eusebio - 20m - green_smiley - 11:00