The All-time Auction Draft

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Ok. Well let's do this ASAP I'm going on holiday in 3 days!
It's no big deal mate but I've had my write up done since Thursday so that we could play on Friday. Then I checked in with Annah twice again on Saturday and it hadn't been sent then either.

It's now being played on Sunday which is an awful day for me and not when it was scheduled for.

Really not trying to criticise as stuff always crops up, just saying that it's not my fault it's been delayed/not on schedule.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It's no big deal mate but I've had my write up done since Thursday so that we could play on Friday. Then I checked in with Annah twice again on Saturday and it hadn't been sent then either.

It's now being played on Sunday which is an awful day for me and not when it was scheduled for.

Really not trying to criticise as stuff always crops up, just saying that it's not my fault it's been delayed/not on schedule.
Likewise I'm also not trying to criticise for the same reasons however I'd also asked when would be convenient for a number of days before a response. Ive my write up drafted last weekend but I physically couldn't get on a computer to make the edits in time - that's my fault and I accept that too. Annan also want offline and wasn't back for a while.

Point being, I don't think this is anyone's fault nor was I insinuating as such in any of my previous posts. Just a case of 3 busy people just missing each other. It happens. To be honest Friday is the only real day I thought I'd have a shot to be active regardless of my holiday. But I guess the stars just fell such that it became somehow my most busiest day! (If you've ever watched Suits it's kinda along those lines!). Think we should just get the game off whenever now and just make the most of whatever time we have to get on and contribute.

Annahnomoss

Annah should make the draw and give 4/5 days to choose from for people to pick for their match.
Said the same in some PM's but with so many people failing to show up I would need to replace 3-4 teams which even if it was possible(which I doubt) would still be more negative than letting them get some days more.

For the next round and forward we will have a stricter deadline.

Skizzo

Said the same in some PM's but with so many people failing to show up I would need to replace 3-4 teams which even if it was possible(which I doubt) would still be more negative than letting them get some days more.

For the next round and forward we will have a stricter deadline.
Yeah didn't mean to make it sound like it's your fault. Not much you can do when you don't have the write ups etc

Marty1968

Any ideas for the next draft??

- Premier League Auction Draft
- All time United Auction Draft
- Auction/Criteria Draft

Annahnomoss

We are waiting for Gio to send in the formation and then we can start that game. @Cal? vs @Stobzilla will start late today or tomorrow. Hopefully they can finish their write-ups and start the game today

MDFC Manager

As for deadlines, from next draft, I suggest we have a 72hr deadline (after first round draw) for every team to send in their writeups. Then they can play the actual match, whenever they are free.

Cal?

CR7 fan
We are waiting for Gio to send in the formation and then we can start that game. @Cal? vs @Stobzilla will start late today or tomorrow. Hopefully they can finish their write-ups and start the game today
@Stobzilla
Stob, Annah, apologies but my notebook is dead and I can't really do a write up on my phone. Hopefully I'll get it working tmr.

Sorry about this

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Anyone knows where to watch extensive 60s full match footage of United? Apart from the ones on YouTube of course.

Don't mind torrents.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Hey all, so the last couple of days have been interesting, they have led me to be signed off of work for reasons I won't go into here. In terms of the write up, I can get it in, but it won't be for a couple of days while I pick up the pieces here, if that kills the momentum then I am happy to concede so you guys can move on.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Hey all, so the last couple of days have been interesting, they have led me to be signed off of work for reasons I won't go into here. In terms of the write up, I can get it in, but it won't be for a couple of days while I pick up the pieces here, if that kills the momentum then I am happy to concede so you guys can move on.
Try to see if you can find a AM. Just like Theon did, for this round. Any manager who did not make it through can also help. You can take back when you are free again....

Annahnomoss

Try to see if you can find a AM. Just like Theon did, for this round. Any manager who did not make it through can also help. You can take back when you are free again....
Yup. I could sort the write-up out for you if you can participate in the game. Otherwise an AM would be a good idea.

Annahnomoss

@Stobzilla I will create your write up right now to try and get this thing moving. If you don't have time I'll be your AM for this round completely in search for another AM/for you to get back.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Anyone knows where to watch extensive 60s full match footage of United? Apart from the ones on YouTube of course.

Don't mind torrents.
Full matches are hard to come by. You can find the '63 FA Cup final around (just search for “fa cup final 1963 + torrent”, but I don't know how much seeding is going on) – and the '68 EC final, of course.

Other than that, there's quite a bit of BBC Match of the Day footage about – and that can be fairly decent stuff, lengthy clips, not just goals. Not sure about torrents, been a while since I went on the hunt – you may try searching for 1960s compilations/packs for teams other than United too, because these may contain MOTD clips featuring said team against United: Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, Leeds – all plausible targets there.

British Pathé has some stuff that isn't on YouTube - and if it is, the quality is generally better.

http://www.britishpathe.com/

Just search for United – loads of clips, both shorter and longer.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Full matches are hard to come by. You can find the '63 FA Cup final around (just search for “fa cup final 1963 + torrent”, but I don't know how much seeding is going on) – and the '68 EC final, of course.

Other than that, there's quite a bit of BBC Match of the Day footage about – and that can be fairly decent stuff, lengthy clips, not just goals. Not sure about torrents, been a while since I went on the hunt – you may try searching for 1960s compilations/packs for teams other than United too, because these may contain MOTD clips featuring said team against United: Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, Leeds – all plausible targets there.

British Pathé has some stuff that isn't on YouTube - and if it is, the quality is generally better.

http://www.britishpathe.com/

Just search for United – loads of clips, both shorter and longer.
Yeah watched the FA Cup final match already, it's on youtube too. Most of the matches on youtube are condensed reviews which I've just about finished - the MOTD ones which last about 45 mins - are pretty good but it's so damn hard to find full footage, other than certain obvious matches.

Will keep looking for torrents or blogsites which might have comprehensive footage, if I'm lucky.