The Americas Draft

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Agreed.

There's another option to have a third option in the poll - Draw, I know it was tested before but not sure how it ended and if there is a point to it at all.
The draw option just left too many people copping out.

I do like the new proposition though. Makes entire sense, the only improvement is to add score lines!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
In case anyone has noticed/wondered - I've decided not to vote at all in this draft. I figure it's a good thing to remain neutral in that regard - in the event of...well, whatever: Disputes, meltdowns, etc.

Not a big deal, obviously - just personal preference, if you will.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah, I'd be down for the new voting system. I would prefer it that way. It would let voters be more sincere with their vote, and I'd prefer that someone makes a final vote rather than a tentative one. I always make sure that my vote is final and never tentative, and I hope that the rest follow that example as well.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In case anyone has noticed/wondered - I've decided not to vote at all in this draft. I figure it's a good thing to remain neutral in that regard - in the event of...well, whatever: Disputes, meltdowns, etc.

Not a big deal, obviously - just personal preference, if you will.
Yeah I think it's a good decision, you've still offered your thoughts and sparked discussion while remaining neutral anyway, which is the most important thing.

Also another 'yes' for not being able to see the score until you've voted.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Agree to the proposition. But please no scoreline stuff it gets way too messy and looks horrible

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
...the only improvement is to add score lines!
I like the concept - it makes sense, I think, at least in many matches (where the voters do have an idea about what sort of match it would likely be, open, tight, lots of goals, barely any, etc.).

The problem is that what we've come up with so far has been a bit - I dunno - untidy somehow.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I like the concept - it makes sense, I think, at least in many matches (where the voters do have an idea about what sort of match it would likely be, open, tight, lots of goals, barely any, etc.).

The problem is that what we've come up with so far has been a bit - I dunno - untidy somehow.
The best option is the win by 1, 2 or 3 goals for both teams. I don't think six options is too many.

I remember though when I think I had close to 10 on my Billy No Mates Draft. That didn't work at all.

Ideally the forum software would allow voters to put values in themselves with say a maximum no. of goals being 4 per side then it charts them up after the fact to see who wins

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
So, the proposition is:

- Voters are not allowed to change their vote
- Voters are not allowed to view results without voting

Seems perfectly reasonable to me - as something to try out, that is. We've talked about it plenty - just never actually tried it. So, why not? We have to try it at some point in order to assess it properly.
Not sure about this, but if you use the caf without logging into your account, you should be able to see the scores.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Not sure about this, but if you use the caf without logging into your account, you should be able to see the scores.
I'm not sure either - but I don't think it works like that. If the "allow...without voting" option is disabled, you shouldn't be able to view results (before voting) regardless of whether you're logged on or not.

If said option is enabled, however, you get results straight away when you're not logged on - whereas you have to click the view button when you are logged on (and haven't voted).

Could try an experiment in the on-going match thread if the managers don't object.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Tested it now. It works fine: With the option disabled you get the

Results are only viewable after voting.
message regardless of whether you're logged on or not.

The only remaining question is whether the results show up automatically once the poll closes. I think they do - but I ain't positive. Shouldn't be a problem in any case - as I presume you can still edit the poll after it's closed (meaning you can simply enable the function after the match).

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Draft order (reinforcement round 1) + squads

Mciahel Goodman
1. C. Alberto (BRA) 2. G. Batistuta (ARG) 3. Lucio (BRA) 4. Dunga (BRA) 5. O. Ardilles (ARG) 6. Riquelme (ARG) 7. Crespo (ARG) 8. G. Medel (CHI) 9. R. Maspoli (URU) 10. W. Ortiz (COL) 11. E. Mascheroni (URU) 12. I. Hurtado (ECU) 13. J. Valdivia (CHI) 14. Juninho (Pernambucano) (BRA) 15.

Boris
1. Schiaffino (URU) 2. J.L. Andrade (URU) 3. Gerson (BRA) 4. A. Spencer (ECU) 5. J. Melendez (PER) 6. Nestor Rossi (ARG) 7. F. Loustau (ARG) 8. Jorginho (BRA) 9. Filipe Luis (BRA) 10. Edinho (BRA) 11. Emerson Leao (BRA) 12. Rene Houseman (ARG) 13. G. Heinze (ARG) 14. Adriano Leite (BRA) 15.

Maz/Mar/R 1. Didi (BRA) 2. Hugo Sanchez (MEX) 3. Marzolini (ARG) 4. Néstor Gonçalves (URU) 5. C. Gamarra (PAR) 6. Ghiggia (URU) 7. Zagallo (BRA) 8. Mauro Ramos (BRA) 9. Jorge Burruchaga (ARG) 10. Nelinho (BRA) 11. Claudio Bravo (Chile) 12. Jair da Rosa Pinto (BRA) 13. Antônio Wilson Vieira Honório 'Coutinho' (BRA) 14. Oscar Mas (ARG) 15.

EAP/Sjor 1. Djalma (BRA) 2. O Varela (URU) 3. Neymar (BRA) 4. I Cordoba (COL) 5. P Rocha (URU) 6. Tostao (BRA) 7. Jair da Costa (BRA) 8. A Angelilo (ARG) 9. Hugo de Leon (URU) 10. M. Senna (BRA) 11. A Mazali (URU) 12. Everaldo (BRA) 13. A Valencia (ECU) 14. Anderson 15.

Tuppet
1. Romario (BRA) 2. L. Monti (ARG) 3. V. Andrade (URU) 4. Perfumo (ARG) 5. Hector Scarone (URU) 6. Roberto Matosas (URU) 7. Deco (BRA) 8. A. Sastre (ARG) 9. O. Caetano (URU) 10. Angel Labruna (ARG) 11. Amadeo Carrizo (ARG) 12. Cubilla (URU) 13. Ademir Da Guia (BRA) 14. Seminario (PER) 15.

oneniltothearsenal 1. Zico (BRA) 2. Domingos Da Guia (BRA) 3. Socrates (BRA) 4. Leonel Sánchez (CHI) 5. Eyzaguirre (CHI) 6. Careca (BRA) 7. R. Marcos (CHI) 8. Júlio César da Silva (BRA) 9. Marinho Chagas (BRA) 10. Yearwood (HON) 11. Gilmar (BRA) 12. Gilberto Silva (BRA) 13. Quinonez (ECU) 14. Ignacio Prieto (CHI) 15.

Enigma/Joga 1. M.Garrincha (BRA) 2. J.Zanetti (ARG) 3. D.Godin (URU) 4. Zito (BRA) 5. Ruben Sosa (URU) 6. J. Veron (ARG) 7. M.Kempes (ARG) 8. A. Ancheta (URU) 9. Branco (BRA) 10. L. Mazurkiewicz (URU) 11. F. Morena (URU) 12. M. Á. Brindisi (ARG) 13. S. Agüero (ARG) 14. Juan Mujica (URU) 15.

Skizzo/Pat 1. Ronaldo (BRA) 2. L. Junior (BRA) 3. Joya (PER) 4. Bochini (ARG) 5. D. Pereyra (URU) 6. R. Pavoni (URU) 7. J. Altafini (BRA) 8. Rattin (ARG) 9. P. Forlan (URU) 10. Taffarel (BRA) 11. C. Mozer (BRA) 12. D. Bertoni (ARG) 13. Bebeto (BRA) 14. Enrique Hormazábal (CHI) 15.

Reinforcement pool:

All players from all losing teams except picks 1 and 2 + all unpicked, eligible players except those originally blocked.

See threadmarks for losing squads.

@Mciahel Goodman picks first.

Order:

M. Goodman
Boris
Maz/Mar/R
EAP/Sjor
Tuppet
onenil
Enigma/Joga
Skizzo/Pat

As always, remember to tag the next manager(s) after making your pick.

Last edited:

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Francescoli

Mciahel Goodman
1. C. Alberto (BRA) 2. G. Batistuta (ARG) 3. Lucio (BRA) 4. Dunga (BRA) 5. O. Ardilles (ARG) 6. Riquelme (ARG) 7. Crespo (ARG) 8. G. Medel (CHI) 9. R. Maspoli (URU) 10. W. Ortiz (COL) 11. E. Mascheroni (URU) 12. I. Hurtado (ECU) 13. J. Valdivia (CHI) 14. Juninho (Pernambucano) (BRA) 15. E. Francescoli (URU)

Boris
1. Schiaffino (URU) 2. J.L. Andrade (URU) 3. Gerson (BRA) 4. A. Spencer (ECU) 5. J. Melendez (PER) 6. Nestor Rossi (ARG) 7. F. Loustau (ARG) 8. Jorginho (BRA) 9. Filipe Luis (BRA) 10. Edinho (BRA) 11. Emerson Leao (BRA) 12. Rene Houseman (ARG) 13. G. Heinze (ARG) 14. Adriano Leite (BRA) 15.

Maz/Mar/R 1. Didi (BRA) 2. Hugo Sanchez (MEX) 3. Marzolini (ARG) 4. Néstor Gonçalves (URU) 5. C. Gamarra (PAR) 6. Ghiggia (URU) 7. Zagallo (BRA) 8. Mauro Ramos (BRA) 9. Jorge Burruchaga (ARG) 10. Nelinho (BRA) 11. Claudio Bravo (Chile) 12. Jair da Rosa Pinto (BRA) 13. Antônio Wilson Vieira Honório 'Coutinho' (BRA) 14. Oscar Mas (ARG) 15.

EAP/Sjor 1. Djalma (BRA) 2. O Varela (URU) 3. Neymar (BRA) 4. I Cordoba (COL) 5. P Rocha (URU) 6. Tostao (BRA) 7. Jair da Costa (BRA) 8. A Angelilo (ARG) 9. Hugo de Leon (URU) 10. M. Senna (BRA) 11. A Mazali (URU) 12. Everaldo (BRA) 13. A Valencia (ECU) 14. Anderson 15.

Tuppet
1. Romario (BRA) 2. L. Monti (ARG) 3. V. Andrade (URU) 4. Perfumo (ARG) 5. Hector Scarone (URU) 6. Roberto Matosas (URU) 7. Deco (BRA) 8. A. Sastre (ARG) 9. O. Caetano (URU) 10. Angel Labruna (ARG) 11. Amadeo Carrizo (ARG) 12. Cubilla (URU) 13. Ademir Da Guia (BRA) 14. Seminario (PER) 15.

oneniltothearsenal 1. Zico (BRA) 2. Domingos Da Guia (BRA) 3. Socrates (BRA) 4. Leonel Sánchez (CHI) 5. Eyzaguirre (CHI) 6. Careca (BRA) 7. R. Marcos (CHI) 8. Júlio César da Silva (BRA) 9. Marinho Chagas (BRA) 10. Yearwood (HON) 11. Gilmar (BRA) 12. Gilberto Silva (BRA) 13. Quinonez (ECU) 14. Ignacio Prieto (CHI) 15.

Enigma/Joga 1. M.Garrincha (BRA) 2. J.Zanetti (ARG) 3. D.Godin (URU) 4. Zito (BRA) 5. Ruben Sosa (URU) 6. J. Veron (ARG) 7. M.Kempes (ARG) 8. A. Ancheta (URU) 9. Branco (BRA) 10. L. Mazurkiewicz (URU) 11. F. Morena (URU) 12. M. Á. Brindisi (ARG) 13. S. Agüero (ARG) 14. Juan Mujica (URU) 15.

Skizzo/Pat 1. Ronaldo (BRA) 2. L. Junior (BRA) 3. Joya (PER) 4. Bochini (ARG) 5. D. Pereyra (URU) 6. R. Pavoni (URU) 7. J. Altafini (BRA) 8. Rattin (ARG) 9. P. Forlan (URU) 10. Taffarel (BRA) 11. C. Mozer (BRA) 12. D. Bertoni (ARG) 13. Bebeto (BRA) 14. Enrique Hormazábal (CHI) 15.

@BorisDeLeFora

BorisDeLeFora

Mciahel Goodman 1. C. Alberto (BRA) 2. G. Batistuta (ARG) 3. Lucio (BRA) 4. Dunga (BRA) 5. O. Ardilles (ARG) 6. Riquelme (ARG) 7. Crespo (ARG) 8. G. Medel (CHI) 9. R. Maspoli (URU) 10. W. Ortiz (COL) 11. E. Mascheroni (URU) 12. I. Hurtado (ECU) 13. J. Valdivia (CHI) 14. Juninho (Pernambucano) (BRA) 15. E. Francescoli (URU)

Boris
1. Schiaffino (URU) 2. J.L. Andrade (URU) 3. Gerson (BRA) 4. A. Spencer (ECU) 5. J. Melendez (PER) 6. Nestor Rossi (ARG) 7. F. Loustau (ARG) 8. Jorginho (BRA) 9. Filipe Luis (BRA) 10. Edinho (BRA) 11. Emerson Leao (BRA) 12. Rene Houseman (ARG) 13. G. Heinze (ARG) 14. Adriano Leite (BRA) 15. O. Ruggeri (ARG)

Tuppet

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Mciahel Goodman 1. C. Alberto (BRA) 2. G. Batistuta (ARG) 3. Lucio (BRA) 4. Dunga (BRA) 5. O. Ardilles (ARG) 6. Riquelme (ARG) 7. Crespo (ARG) 8. G. Medel (CHI) 9. R. Maspoli (URU) 10. W. Ortiz (COL) 11. E. Mascheroni (URU) 12. I. Hurtado (ECU) 13. J. Valdivia (CHI) 14. Juninho (Pernambucano) (BRA) 15. E. Francescoli (URU)

Boris
1. Schiaffino (URU) 2. J.L. Andrade (URU) 3. Gerson (BRA) 4. A. Spencer (ECU) 5. J. Melendez (PER) 6. Nestor Rossi (ARG) 7. F. Loustau (ARG) 8. Jorginho (BRA) 9. Filipe Luis (BRA) 10. Edinho (BRA) 11. Emerson Leao (BRA) 12. Rene Houseman (ARG) 13. G. Heinze (ARG) 14. Adriano Leite (BRA) 15. O. Ruggeri (ARG)

EAP/Sjor 1. Djalma (BRA) 2. O Varela (URU) 3. Neymar (BRA) 4. I Cordoba (COL) 5. P Rocha (URU) 6. Tostao (BRA) 7. Jair da Costa (BRA) 8. A Angelilo (ARG) 9. Hugo de Leon (URU) 10. M. Senna (BRA) 11. A Mazali (URU) 12. Everaldo (BRA) 13. A Valencia (ECU) 14. Anderson 15. J. M. Moreno

Tuppet

@Tuppet

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Boris

Maz/Mar/R 1. Didi (BRA) 2. Hugo Sanchez (MEX) 3. Marzolini (ARG) 4. Néstor Gonçalves (URU) 5. C. Gamarra (PAR) 6. Ghiggia (URU) 7. Zagallo (BRA) 8. Mauro Ramos (BRA) 9. Jorge Burruchaga (ARG) 10. Nelinho (BRA) 11. Claudio Bravo (Chile) 12. Jair da Rosa Pinto (BRA) 13. Antônio Wilson Vieira Honório 'Coutinho' (BRA) 14. Oscar Mas (ARG) 15. O. Sivori (ARG)

EAP/Sjor 1. Djalma (BRA) 2. O Varela (URU) 3. Neymar (BRA) 4. I Cordoba (COL) 5. P Rocha (URU) 6. Tostao (BRA) 7. Jair da Costa (BRA) 8. A Angelilo (ARG) 9. Hugo de Leon (URU) 10. M. Senna (BRA) 11. A Mazali (URU) 12. Everaldo (BRA) 13. A Valencia (ECU) 14. Anderson 15. J. M. Moreno

Tuppet

Tuppet

Boris

Maz/Mar/R 1. Didi (BRA) 2. Hugo Sanchez (MEX) 3. Marzolini (ARG) 4. Néstor Gonçalves (URU) 5. C. Gamarra (PAR) 6. Ghiggia (URU) 7. Zagallo (BRA) 8. Mauro Ramos (BRA) 9. Jorge Burruchaga (ARG) 10. Nelinho (BRA) 11. Claudio Bravo (Chile) 12. Jair da Rosa Pinto (BRA) 13. Antônio Wilson Vieira Honório 'Coutinho' (BRA) 14. Oscar Mas (ARG) 15. O. Sivori (ARG)

Tuppet
1. Romario (BRA) 2. L. Monti (ARG) 3. V. Andrade (URU) 4. Perfumo (ARG) 5. Hector Scarone (URU) 6. Roberto Matosas (URU) 7. Deco (BRA) 8. A. Sastre (ARG) 9. O. Caetano (URU) 10. Angel Labruna (ARG) 11. Amadeo Carrizo (ARG) 12. Cubilla (URU) 13. Ademir Da Guia (BRA) 14. Seminario (PER) 15. Arturo Vidal (CHI)

@oneniltothearsenal

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Boris

EAP/Sjor 1. Djalma (BRA) 2. O Varela (URU) 3. Neymar (BRA) 4. I Cordoba (COL) 5. P Rocha (URU) 6. Tostao (BRA) 7. Jair da Costa (BRA) 8. A Angelilo (ARG) 9. Hugo de Leon (URU) 10. M. Senna (BRA) 11. A Mazali (URU) 12. Everaldo (BRA) 13. A Valencia (ECU) 14. Anderson 15. J. M. Moreno (ARG)

Tuppet
1. Romario (BRA) 2. L. Monti (ARG) 3. V. Andrade (URU) 4. Perfumo (ARG) 5. Hector Scarone (URU) 6. Roberto Matosas (URU) 7. Deco (BRA) 8. A. Sastre (ARG) 9. O. Caetano (URU) 10. Angel Labruna (ARG) 11. Amadeo Carrizo (ARG) 12. Cubilla (URU) 13. Ademir Da Guia (BRA) 14. Seminario (PER) 15. Arturo Vidal (CHI)

oneniltothearsenal 1. Zico (BRA) 2. Domingos Da Guia (BRA) 3. Socrates (BRA) 4. Leonel Sánchez (CHI) 5. Eyzaguirre (CHI) 6. Careca (BRA) 7. R. Marcos (CHI) 8. Júlio César da Silva (BRA) 9. Marinho Chagas (BRA) 10. Yearwood (HON) 11. Gilmar (BRA) 12. Gilberto Silva (BRA) 13. Quinonez (ECU) 14. Ignacio Prieto (CHI) 15. Paolo Montero (URU)

@Enigma_87 @Joga Bonito

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'll do the draw as soon as you're done upgrading - but I'll be pretty busy tomorrow, so it may not be until four/five-ish, thereabouts.

Enigma_87

You know who

Mciahel Goodman
1. C. Alberto (BRA) 2. G. Batistuta (ARG) 3. Lucio (BRA) 4. Dunga (BRA) 5. O. Ardilles (ARG) 6. Riquelme (ARG) 7. Crespo (ARG) 8. G. Medel (CHI) 9. R. Maspoli (URU) 10. W. Ortiz (COL) 11. E. Mascheroni (URU) 12. I. Hurtado (ECU) 13. J. Valdivia (CHI) 14. Juninho (Pernambucano) (BRA) 15. E. Francescoli (URU)

Boris

EAP/Sjor 1. Djalma (BRA) 2. O Varela (URU) 3. Neymar (BRA) 4. I Cordoba (COL) 5. P Rocha (URU) 6. Tostao (BRA) 7. Jair da Costa (BRA) 8. A Angelilo (ARG) 9. Hugo de Leon (URU) 10. M. Senna (BRA) 11. A Mazali (URU) 12. Everaldo (BRA) 13. A Valencia (ECU) 14. Anderson 15. J. M. Moreno (ARG)

Tuppet

oneniltothearsenal 1. Zico (BRA) 2. Domingos Da Guia (BRA) 3. Socrates (BRA) 4. Leonel Sánchez (CHI) 5. Eyzaguirre (CHI) 6. Careca (BRA) 7. R. Marcos (CHI) 8. Júlio César da Silva (BRA) 9. Marinho Chagas (BRA) 10. Yearwood (HON) 11. Gilmar (BRA) 12. Gilberto Silva (BRA) 13. Quinonez (ECU) 14. Ignacio Prieto (CHI) 15. Paolo Montero (URU)

Enigma/Joga 1. M.Garrincha (BRA) 2. J.Zanetti (ARG) 3. D.Godin (URU) 4. Zito (BRA) 5. Ruben Sosa (URU) 6. J. Veron (ARG) 7. M.Kempes (ARG) 8. A. Ancheta (URU) 9. Branco (BRA) 10. L. Mazurkiewicz (URU) 11. F. Morena (URU) 12. M. Á. Brindisi (ARG) 13. S. Agüero (ARG) 14. Juan Mujica (URU) 15. Zizinho (BRA)

@Skizzo @Pat_Mustard

Skizzo

Hmm, I spoke to him briefly and then lost him again :nervous: not sure whether to go with my gut, or wait and let him pick who he wants, hopefully before the deadline.

Decisions, decisions (again)

Skizzo

Boris

Tuppet

Enigma/Joga 1. M.Garrincha (BRA) 2. J.Zanetti (ARG) 3. D.Godin (URU) 4. Zito (BRA) 5. Ruben Sosa (URU) 6. J. Veron (ARG) 7. M.Kempes (ARG) 8. A. Ancheta (URU) 9. Branco (BRA) 10. L. Mazurkiewicz (URU) 11. F. Morena (URU) 12. M. Á. Brindisi (ARG) 13. S. Agüero (ARG) 14. Juan Mujica (URU) 15. Zizinho (BRA)

Skizzo/Pat 1. Ronaldo (BRA) 2. L. Junior (BRA) 3. Joya (PER) 4. Bochini (ARG) 5. D. Pereyra (URU) 6. R. Pavoni (URU) 7. J. Altafini (BRA) 8. Rattin (ARG) 9. P. Forlan (URU) 10. Taffarel (BRA) 11. C. Mozer (BRA) 12. D. Bertoni (ARG) 13. Bebeto (BRA) 14. Enrique Hormazábal (CHI) 15. T. Silva (BRA) 16. D. Simeone (ARG)

@Enigma_87 @Joga Bonito