The Arrogance of Marcus Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I understand that he is frustrated with all the negative press but then again he is one of the best paid footballers on this planet so he should handle the pressure or play for less money for a smaller team.

From a footballing perspective I am afraid although I really like him as individual player he will hinder us getting better. He should leave, like Bruno, McTominay and a bunch of others.

In my opinion he should have turned into a number 9. As a winger he contributes next to nothing in the build-up and doesn’t track back. Most of the time when he loses the ball or wastes a half-chance he stays where he is looking frustrated instead of immediately getting back.

Scottynaldinho

I enjoyed his celebration. He's been suffering from online abuse. Even his own fans have accused him of "staging" charity meals to take the focus away from his form.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Calling Rashford a prick, a twat and arrogant is beneath all criticism. It's unbelievable how short some fans' memories are.
And such insults against a player who has been at the club always are hopeless.

Rashford is one of our absolute best players and he will for sure find his form again.
And that's why we are so trash

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The amount of people who dislike Rashford is actually insane at this point.

Heavily involved in both goals yesterday - gets slagged off.

He’s our best attacker.

Alan Partridge

Even when he’s scoring goals he still costs us overall. Playing against a fullback like Porro and not tracking back (to the point the crowd literally groaned at him) or even looking like attempting a tackle is just criminal. Not to mention how wasteful and selfish he is in possession.

But for me the biggest issue is his entitled, miserable attitude. Which I can only imagine stinks up there dressing room and falls part of the deeper problems at this football club.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United

He’s our best attacker.
Yep.

Two goals and an assist in his last 3 league games. He's doing his bit at the moment.

Zed 101

This thread is a joke a bad one, the OP makes an assumption and then goes off on a rant.

Not sure what player the haters think is going to replace Rashford, but I guarantee one thing if Rashford was up for sale then all the top clubs would be interested and laughing at us all the way!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Tell you what, if I was a football player (or any type of athlete for that matter) I wouldn't give a single feck about fans. You build these players up, the second the going gets tough you turn on them in a heartbeat. "Supporters." Please.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I don't think its arrogance. It's a mixture of him being not the top player he has been made out to, fatigue, our stupid tactics etc. etc.

He is goal scorer but his overall game hasn't developed to the level we all expected it too. The tactics we are using are to his detriment too, he has been asked to stay up and get in behind as he is our only reliable goal scorer (although, he has always been patchy).

Jericholyte2

He’s our best attacker.
Are you calling the build up to Holjund’s goal ‘an assist’?

He did his usual schtick of running into a group of players where he had no chance of getting through, lost the ball, and nearly took the ball of Holjund’s feet before he went and finished.

Hardly a KDB special.

Rossa

He’s our best attacker.
He isn't. He's good at involving himself in play on the last third when we have the ball. He has bags of pace and can skin most defenders when on form. He also shoots like a horse, but sometimes with the same accuracy. This was his first goal at Old Trafford since April 2023, assuming the commentator was correct.

Here's my biggest gripe with him. He doesn't press at all. You say Garnacho running his socks off trying to press, Bruno doing the same and Højlund running his arse off - Rashford wasn't even in the picture - no idea where he was, but he wasn't pressing. In terms of defending, he just doesn't defend. He doesn't track back, and he doesn't offer support. Playing AWB at LB was mind-boggling, but I can somewhat understand why ETH did that as he is great in those one on ones - as he was.

Rashford is very good at some things, but he works far less than ageing-Ronaldo did for us - and that just doesn't work in the modern game.

Rossa

I don't think its arrogance. It's a mixture of him being not the top player he has been made out to, fatigue, our stupid tactics etc. etc.

He is goal scorer but his overall game hasn't developed to the level we all expected it too. The tactics we are using are to his detriment too, he has been asked to stay up and get in behind as he is our only reliable goal scorer (although, he has always been patchy).
If that is tactics, then it's a poor one. Having your winger never tracking back is going to cause problems. Porro is very attacking. Johnson is very fast. Mainoo and Eriksen will, as they did, always struggle against that trying to cover for Rashford.

Højlund is at least as fast as Rashford, so having our striker in that counter attacking position makes more sense.

Remember the geese

He’s our best attacker.
That's the problem. Our best attacker should be on par with, or at the very least close to, the league's best attacker. He is paid accordingly and enjoys that level of status. As it is, it's even arguable that he is our best attacker right now.

The frustration comes because he isn't close to delivering what he is supposed to. Not on a consistent basis. That isn't good enough.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
I wish Roy Keane was his captain.
Rashford would be off work with stress. Modern players, not many of them could deal with with a man like Roy. Those characters just got an extra 10% out of each other

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I generally like Rashford, and will always hope he does well. And i would like him to be arrogant, if he can back it up.

But all of this season his performances have been pretty bad. And i feel like his decision making in particular is what makes it worse. He gets in good positions and always fecks it up. He's 26 now, he should be entering his prime. One purple patch every 2-3 seasons isn't good enough for a player of his wages, and caliber.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Rashford would be off work with stress. Modern players, not many of them could deal with with a man like Roy. Those characters just got an extra 10% out of each other
Yeah there’s been so much human evolution in the last 20 years that modern players no longer have the necessary stress response to players like Roy Keane.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i reckon he’s actually having to train now instead of dancing with sancho and doing silly handshakes. that’s why he scored.

RoyH1

Marcus really splits hairs here like no other of our players can. And the truth is somewhere in the middle. He's not as bad, entitled and arrogant as some claim. He's just not as brilliant a footballer as his fans portray him. He's a talented striker, with lots of good things going for him but he lacks that competitive focus and killer edge that the true greats have.
He'd probably benefit from a change of scenery or a new manager that excels with man management skills

Jaap

Marcus really splits hairs here like no other of our players can. And the truth is somewhere in the middle. He's not as bad, entitled and arrogant as some claim. He's just not as brilliant a footballer as his fans portray him. He's a talented striker, with lots of good things going for him but he lacks that competitive focus and killer edge that the true greats have.
He'd probably benefit from a change of scenery or a new manager that excels with man management skills
You couldn‘t be more right.
Lots of thing regarding United are too black & white. The middle ground is where the answer lies.

AndySmith1990

He was terrible like pretty much all of our players.

Everyone on here constantly moans about the wider culture/structure of the club than acts shocked when our best players aren't consistent enough.
I'm not shocked that players here aren't consistent. We've a rubbish manager so it makes sense.

I'm more shocked that a local lad and highest earner is a lazy fecker who can't he arsed putting in the same amount of effort as others around him

Mmm-Qatarian

For the love of God, can we please stop psychoanalysing players' entire personalities based on a goal celebration...

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah there’s been so much human evolution in the last 20 years that modern players no longer have the necessary stress response to players like Roy Keane.
Well the caf seems to be obsessed with generational clashes (boomers vs millenials etc) so it’s not a huge stretch to assume there are fundamental differences in the personality traits of footballers from different generations.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If that makes it better for him or to gain his confidence back then so be it. I'd take a prick rather than a sad depressed Toby Flenderson jogging on the pitch. Sometimes you need to get angry to stop being sad. Psychology 101.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Good footballers need sound structures to thrive and get the best of their ability. United don't have that, Liverpool do. Spurs are slowly getting to that stage (even if I think the reaction to their performance yesterday is way over the top.)

If you put Rashford and Fernandes into any great United team from 93 - 2013, they would do well. Conversely, if you put any of the 94/99/08 teams in the current set up, they'd struggle.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He'd learn to swim with sharks or get cast off. That's the way it should be at the highest level of professional sports. Unfortunately our trash culture from top down with no accountability has resulted in standards being dropped to the current level. We are now a past great rather than a current great made all the more embarrassing because our woes are not financial but self inflicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.