The Arrogance of Marcus Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediSith

Scoring a goal doesn't constitute a good performance. You need to give your head a wobble if you also thought that was a good performance from Rashford.
That’s the problem with some of our players. Rashford will go home thinking he had a blinder, when really his overall play was still awful.

-Supreme-

The clip isn't the clearest so I've attached a pic as well
Martial scored against our biggest rival for a start and on his debut at OT, and I’d imagine the atmosphere was quite hostile in comparison to today’s game against Spurs, and let’s not also forget the last time Rashford scored at home

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

indeed. somewhat of a trendsetter too. i was hitting women long before the likes of greenwood and antony.
Any of the mods care to explain why I received a warning for my clearly sarcastic post and yet rimaldo goes unpunished for his response?

Just to be clear - I think both posts are fine, but I'm curious as to where the line is.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Glad you guys caught this too. Commentators were saying its been 14 games since he scored at OT. The arrogance to do that gesture is not acceptable. No wonders the dressing room is rotten with the likes of Rashford, Sancho, Martial etc
What did Martial do this time?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It's reached a point where I'm pretty convinced a significant reason our players go hiding or can't deal with pressure is because we have such spoilt toxic fans who they know are going to give them dogs abuse after regardless.

Imagine how motivated you'd be to play for United if you read stuff like this evert time you came online. Honestly my attitude would very quickly become collect my pay check and screw these childish wankers
It hard enough reading this shit as it is, let alone being a player!

I'd argue that in itself would show mental weakness :lol:

RopersReturn

All is forgiven but if he hadn’t have put us 2-1 ahead, well..
I do find he tries to be cute by taking on too many defenders, we’re literally screaming at the tv for him to pull the trigger rather than somehow miraculously dance it into the back of the net.

Last edited:

M16Red

He doesn't give a feck about people paying lots of money to watch a team they love.

They think they are the dog bollocks, no you muppets.... these guys are the dog bollocks...he's just an over paid footballer

doughole

Rashford may be somewhat arrogant and self centered however he is a home grown player who clearly loves the club, so he shouldn't not simply be moved on like a mercenary. And and don't forget once he is gone he is gone and wont be back.

Tarrou

I don't mind arrogance as long as players put a shift in

unfortunately you can toss a coin on whether Rashford decides to do that nowadays

putzmcgee123

Interesting listening to part of the Brailsford interview basically saying "moaners are out" that's Rashford and Bruno gone!
"But Sir Fraudsford, we don't want to take these steroids! This is against the rules"

"Bunch of moaners, the whole lot of you."

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
There was a point where the fans booed him after their right back intercepted the ball in our half ahead of Rashford and he made no effort to track back. It's becoming obvious that Old Trafford are getting sick of him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You’ve clearly not watched the ACTUAL game.
Previously yes, his attitude has looked poor, but today (first half especially) he looked right on it, was our best player and our most likely to score. What a ‘prick’.
When he’s substituted when we are chasing a winner you want him to be over joyed? ‘Thank feck for that, not my problem anymore!’ :rolleyes:
He wasn’t over the top or disrespectful in his disappointment at being taken off, and for all you know he was frustrated at himself for not scoring more than 1.
Perfect response.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It hard enough reading this shit as it is, let alone being a player!

I'd argue that in itself would show mental weakness :lol:
The mental weakness argument is another imaginary stick tbh.

Johnny Evans for example. The fact he can't run very fast and isn't supposed to still be playing in the premier league doesn't really have anything to do with how mentally strong he might be.

I also don't thinm Mainoo or Garnacho could use the power of mental strength to out muscle fully grown adult players who are twice their size (in Mainoos case sometimes three of them at the same time).

It's gone from being perhaps a legitimate issue under Ole to juat being an excuse to dish out the abuse rather than have any kind of realistic perspective based on the 11 players we put on the pitch.

MrBest

Calling Rashford a prick, a twat and arrogant is beneath all criticism. It's unbelievable how short some fans' memories are.
And such insults against a player who has been at the club always are hopeless.

Rashford is one of our absolute best players and he will for sure find his form again.
You make me chuckle and question how and if you watch him play, week in and week out.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
What I noticed is that most of the team players really didn't celebrate that much with him. Perhaps he has the same attitude during training? What's a cluster feck of a team we are.

Swiss_Red89

Most will probably disagree but actually I think he has a point with his celebration. He is currently scapegoated and singled out by the fanbase. Yes he has had a shit season so far (I think he has shown promising form in the last few games though), but people always focus on the negative things he does during a game. And ignore the good things l. It's been the case for years.

That some of the fans who give hime dog abuse after every wrong on field decision feel offended about a simple gesture during a celebration probably says more about these fans than him.

Last edited:

AshRK

I was disappointed, would have been more happy if he had slapped every one who still calls him Rashford.

Tyrion

He doesn't give a feck about people paying lots of money to watch a team they love.

They think they are the dog bollocks, no you muppets.... these guys are the dog bollocks...he's just an over paid footballer
Is this a troll? I'm tempted to argue but I am worried I'd be taking the bait.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Most will probably disagree but actually I think he has a point with his celebration. He is currently scapegoated and singled out by the fanbase. Yes he has had a shit season so far (I think he has shown promising form in the last few games though), but people always focus on the negative things he does during a game. And ignore the good things l. It's been the case for years.

That some of the fans who give hime dog abuse after every wrong on field decision feel offended about a simple gesture during a celebration probably says more about these fans than him.
Wonderful post, and you are right. We don’t know it was aimed at fans, but if it was then they have to take it if they give it out.

alexthelion

Calling Rashford a prick, a twat and arrogant is beneath all criticism. It's unbelievable how short some fans' memories are.
And such insults against a player who has been at the club always are hopeless.

Rashford is one of our absolute best players and he will for sure find his form again.
:lol:

Malone_Post

He’s becoming very dislikable. I saw he got another parking ticket the other day for parking his supercar on double yellows. Not the worst offence in the world, but also not the first time he’s done it and points to a person who thinks he’s above everyone else. Laws and rules don’t apply to him. And that reflects on what we see on the pitch. He doesn’t think he has to run, or track back, or work hard. It’s beneath him.

It’s such a shame as I used to absolutely adore Marcus. He was everything I believed a United player should be. He worked hard, was humble, played with a smile on his face, was entertaining, did great things off the pitch.

I don’t know what happened to him, but this is not the same lad that broke through the youth ranks all those years ago. Sad really.

AnotherLondonManc

Where’s the personal attack? Everything I’ve said is about his performance during the 90mins. I could give a shit if he’s ‘home-grown’ or not what does that have to fecking do with anything?!?
Little fings what can really annoy you sin bin

clarkydaz

Rashford may be somewhat arrogant and self centered however he is a home grown player who clearly loves the club, so he shouldn't not simply be moved on like a mercenary. And don't forget once he is gone he is gone and wont be back.
oh noes :eek:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Does he feck. He's singled out because he's our best paid player and he's been playing dog. He can't take 300k a week and then strop when people expect him to, I don't know, score more than 5 goals by now? Have some intensity to his game where all his opponents seem to?

Go back through all the teams we've played and lost to and look at their left wingers. Elanga, Bowen, Gordon, Mitoma, Martinelli, etc. Literally every single one plays with an intensity going forward and coming back that helps the team. Rashford does neither at the moment and for someone who is supposed to be one of our best players and is paid as such, he should get singled out.

Grande

I’m sorry but I want this prick out of this club!

Does absolutely nothing all goddamned season, scored his first goal at OT since FVCKING MAY and has the audacity to celebrate by making a talking mouth gesture at ‘the haters’ (I guess).

Then goes on to waste a gilt-edged chance and repeatedly shows the decision-making prowess and footballing IQ of a 19yr old (which is an insult to 19yr olds as Mainoo was really good).

THEN he has the gall to look like a stroppy twat after being subbed and haul ass straight down the tunnel on FT.

Funny how unhappy he is, never genuine talk of a transfer, as this fraud knows the second he moves, he’s getting found out! Needs to be one of the first out of the fecking door if we’re to progress as a team.
Stroppy twat, is that a nick?

How come all the good paychologists, mind readers and lip readers always work for free down at the pub? I miss the pub, then you could always tell off the half drunk whiner who knows it all but only shows it at the pub. But the internet? Sheeeeeiish.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm guessing that some of the people complaining about his reaction to scoring completely missed how ecstatic he was when Højlund scored? He was grinning from ear to ear and jumping on folks' backs in delight.

But when he scores he doesn't run around grabbing the badge, doing a triple somersault and whapping his dong out to jizz over the corner flag. And? Instead he bigs up his teammates and gives them hugs. Ooooooohhhhhh, what a prick...

pascell

He's scored 4 goals from 20 games, that's simply not good enough for someone who's paid to reflect being one of our best players. He's 27 this year and will be entering his prime, yet he's still as inconsistent as the day he broke through into the first team.

He should not have been offered a new deal, we should have sold him and moved on. This form he's showing this season, which we're now more than halfway through, isn't a bad season for him as this is what he was like during the 21/22 season, last season was a purple patch which came to a crashing halt.

Gesturing to the home fans when he scored to stop criticising him is poor form from him, he should be able to handle the criticism but it seems like it fractures his growing ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.