The Arrogance of Marcus Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Calling Rashford a prick, a twat and arrogant is beneath all criticism. It's unbelievable how short some fans' memories are.
And such insults against a player who has been at the club always are hopeless.

Rashford is one of our absolute best players and he will for sure find his form again.
What fecking form. This is his form. This is what he is.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Such an unlikeable player. Attitude stinks and has always played with an inflated sense of his own abilities. Shame the club has given him the platform to do so. Standards are rock bottom.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I've never been a big fan. Many of his goals seem a bit lucky like todays. I started to appreciate him last season, but really that's only one really good season since his introduction.

arthurka

Disgraceful player. Well done to everyone who wanted to give him a new long-term contract based on a purple patch.
Wait where is the post who named all of us who had dared to mention his fecking dire form before he had a purple patch last season and recommended her would be sold? That poster should come out and apologise to us. Absolutely dire attitude from this guy.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

It gives off a glimpse into the type of personality a player has when they do things like that. It’s a personality I want to avoid recruiting in the future.

That precious, entitled and deep down insecure personality that thinks they can do no wrong and ‘feck all them haters’. It’s someone who easily falls into not being a team player at the first sign of trouble.
You don't reach the level of being a PL footballer without having a bit of arrogance about you. Name me a footballer who looked sheepish after they scored. It would be a much weirder celebration if he mouthed "I'm sorry for being shit this season".

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
You don't reach the level of being a PL footballer without having a bit of arrogance about you. Name me a footballer who looked sheepish after they scored. It would be a much weirder celebration if he mouthed "I'm sorry for being shit this season".

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
There's a rather large section of ours fans who actively want Rashford to fail. Imagine a homegrown player scoring today after having a terrible time with form and you first responce is to call him a prick for even celebrating. That's mental.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Not a huge fan of what he did and he was poor today as well despite scoring a goal. But I don't agree with this personal attack. He shouldn't be starting for us.

Jericholyte2

Do love it when people get angry about a players celebration, :lol:

it's even more embarrassing when it's a player that played for the team the moaner is meant to support.
And for @SalfordRed18
It’s not about the celebration alone, which you’d know if you’d actually read my post. It’s the whole package; scores a goal so thinks he’s silenced everyone then proceeds to show them why they doubt him, throws a strip at getting subbed, then storms down the touch line at FT.

And Salford, it’s not about actively wanting him to fail, it’s about seeing a man ‘earn’ £350k a week for his dire performances week-in, week-out, then seeing him act so petulantly when subbed. He’s become Ronaldo in all of the ways we hoped he wouldn’t!

OleGunnar20

Great finish. Looked arsed first half. The celebration was pure cringe. I just don't like him and the only way I ever will is if he becomes a consistent top player and still puts in a shift even when things aren’t going his way. I don’t think either will ever happen
Nail on the head there I think. He doesn't have a good attitude and isn't a good enough player to excuse this fact. We can't carry a player as streaky as he is who isn't willing to do the hard work consistently.

If we could get a decent fee for him I'd like to see him moved on, but with all the surgery this squad needs it feels very unlikely.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
You’ve clearly not read my ACTUAL post, which is about his demeanour and performance during the entire match / this entire season / majority of his career barring last season.
You’ve clearly not watched the ACTUAL game.
Previously yes, his attitude has looked poor, but today (first half especially) he looked right on it, was our best player and our most likely to score. What a ‘prick’.
When he’s substituted when we are chasing a winner you want him to be over joyed? ‘Thank feck for that, not my problem anymore!’ :rolleyes:
He wasn’t over the top or disrespectful in his disappointment at being taken off, and for all you know he was frustrated at himself for not scoring more than 1.

Born2Lose

It's not arrogance, it's the petulance you'd expect of a 26 year old millionaire with the mentality of a child.

Pronewbie

Peep
The thing is, I don’t think he does ( care). Not about UTD at least. Only his own ego.
Yeah like someone else said he cares but it's the way he goes about it which is detrimental to himself (and the team). Needs a good captain on the pitch to give his head a wobble. Right now we also have a captain who loses his head too easily when the chips are down.

Jericholyte2

You’ve clearly not watched the ACTUAL game.
Previously yes, his attitude has looked poor, but today (first half especially) he looked right on it, was our best player and our most likely to score. What a ‘prick’.
When he’s substituted when we are chasing a winner you want him to be over joyed? ‘Thank feck for that, not my problem anymore!’ :rolleyes:
He wasn’t over the top or disrespectful in his disappointment at being taken off, and for all you know he was frustrated at himself for not scoring more than 1.
So let’s continually ignore his piss-poor decisions making that doesn’t seem to have progressed since his first season and his lack of defensive effort that allowed Pedro Porro the freedom of the Spurs right wing.

He scored so is absolved of any expectations.

RedIan

I dont give a jot about his celebration as long he pus the ball in the net.. it was a great finish today, who gives a flying **** about his celebration, he was sitting down the haters..
Rashford has had a very poor season after a fantastic season last year where he carried us to third with his goals.
lets hope he can find last seasons form again. A few glimpses today.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I found it cringe. Hasn’t scored for 7 months at home and does that :lol:

KeanoMagicHat

feck off, weird thread that sums up the toxicity of United fans at the minute. He scored a good goal today.

neon_badger

I feel he's the last man standing in a small group of players that had all the talent but were perhaps spoiled/over indulged possibly from too many managers and teammates coming and going also too many sycophants and a lack of consistent role models, who knows, could be the exact opposite, I'm not making excuses for him just trying to dig into where this sulky arrogance that's been infecting the club via a few different players comes from.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Can't ever get his head up to pass he's the worst pairing for Højlund

Lost bear

He very clearly does care, and takes it on himself when the team isn’t performing. To say he has an ego is ridiculous.
With respect, all humans have an ego. Look the term up, maybe?

As for Rashford, he is imo obviously more involved in his own stuff than in the team. Half the time- and that’s being kind- he puts little or no effort into matches, merely going through the motions of pressing etc.

As others have said, he isn’t good enough for the money and status bestowed upon him. It’s not a matter of ‘toxicity’, or negativity for its own sake. Sure, he’s been a bit better at times recently and has scored a couple times. But just watching him tells me way below what we need at Utd. Two good seasons does not a legend make.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It’s the face with the attitude that is really bothering. You feel that he plays with no emotions. Always giving a face no matter what is happening. Something he learnt from martial i guess.

he scored today but otherwise was so random. He is not smart with the ball in his feet. He just runs at defenders or outside the pitch. No dribble past a player, no cross, no shot on target. Nothing. Very frustrating
Henry used to do it but since he was world class, it never bothered Arsenal fans

JohnnyKills

Can't stand the guy and never have been able to. Well, since his first season and he seemed like a hard working and decent young man.

He has had two moderately good seasons and he thinks he's some phenom. He's a bang average pace merchant that should be playing for some bottom half club.
He is playing for a bottom-half club

van Nistelrooy

Good finish for the goal, yes.

However, how much of the ball did he get in space over on the left side? A lot. Virtually every time he gave the ball away or ran it out of play from there. That is Rashford as his normal self. His creativity is far too low for a player in the most sought after position on the pitch.

Why was Garnacho not allowed to swap flanks with Rashford, which was done when Rashford previously started on the right? The favoritism to Rashford is ridiculous and we'll continue to be a poor side with this loser starting every week.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
With respect, all humans have an ego. Look the term up, maybe?
You've rendered everything you say after this little pedantic nugget pointless. You know what he means, you aren't being even remotely intelligent by pointing this out.

As for Rashford, I just don't think he is good enough to handle the pressure on him and to carry the team in any way. I think he cares, I just don't think he is capable of being what he or we want.

-Supreme-

The thing is, I don’t think he does ( care). Not about UTD at least. Only his own ego.
Yep, the only thing he cares about is his personal glory, this is so obvious from his selfishness both from defending to attacking play over the years.

clarkydaz

Really does sum up the weak mentality. Shushes fans at half time, has a crap second half and doesnt even win the game. 7th in the league. Shush :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.