The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
As proved by one of the parents of one of the kids who died in the Parkland shooting. If I remember correctly he came out against David Hogg who has spent his time since the shooting working tirelessly to get guns banned or st the very least far tougher gun laws in place. I can't imagine the mindset of losing a child at school to guns then arguing they shouldn't be banned.
Because if they recognize that guns are the problem, is recognizing that they are partially responsible of the dead of their kid. And they cant (I don´t think I could also) live with this guilt. Also, they are stupid

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Because if they recognize that guns are the problem, is recognizing that they are partially responsible of the dead of their kid. And they (I don´t think I could also) live with this guilt. Also, they are stupid
Ding ding ding.

Especially your final sentence.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Americans on here. Do you daily feel under threat of being shot (to death) every time you leave your front door?

If the answer is no, not every day, then follow up question: why the feck not?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Americans on here. Do you daily feel under threat of being shot (to death) every time you leave your front door?

No, and honestly, based on my closeness (but not personal) experiences with gun related violence, I would have thought I would. This is for a couple of reasons:

1. I live in a more rural, white area.
2. I am white myself (removes most dangers from police)
3. I am not a student.
4. I am not a teacher.
5. I work remotely.

Add to that the fact that gun violence, while still unbearably high, is still a relatively rare occurrence.

My thoughts on guns should not be a mystery to anyone who has read this thread, and I would gladly trade the life of any gun owner to get back those who I have lost, but I do not personally feel in danger. I'm probably just being stupid though.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Not American but have lived here for more than a decade, in all that time, outside of LEO's I have never seen a gun in any public setting, I'm not worried about it

@WI_Red post is pretty much spot on and mostly applies to me as well

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Nah, don’t feel it everyday.

And this is coming from someone who was carjacked at gun point, was led around the back of a gas station & was told to get on his knees, all the while the gun was pressed against the base of my skull.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Nah, don’t feel it everyday.

And this is coming from someone who was carjacked at gun point, was led around the back of a gas station & was told to get on his knees, all the while the gun was pressed against the base of my skull.
My friend, they may need to make a movie about your life.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Fair enough, thanks for the answers. @calodo2003 I know the feeling of having a gun pressed against your head while they rummage through your pockets. Any sneeze or someone else trying to be a hero then kiss your head good bye.

But that was in Pakistan. A reknown third world fecked up country.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Gun tales from NC: had dinner with a work colleague and his wife last night. She is a school teach and relayed that one of her fellow teachers, a black woman (this is relevant), pulled up to a gas pump that morning in a totally empty gas station. As she’s getting out of her car a beat up old car pulls up next to her and a white lady starts screaming at her (you can guess some of the words) and then pulls a gun from her purse and points it at her. Teacher jumped back in her car and sped away.

the kicker? When my coworkers wife asked if she called the police her response was: “what’s the point, is was probably all legal anyways and there’s no way they’d every believe me over her even if it wasn’t”.

America.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Gun tales from NC: had dinner with a work colleague and his wife last night. She is a school teach and relayed that one of her fellow teachers, a black woman (this is relevant), pulled up to a gas pump that morning in a totally empty gas station. As she’s getting out of her car a beat up old car pulls up next to her and a white lady starts screaming at her (you can guess some of the words) and then pulls a gun from her purse and points it at her. Teacher jumped back in her car and sped away.

the kicker? When my coworkers wife asked if she called the police her response was: “what’s the point, is was probably all legal anyways and there’s no way they’d every believe me over her even if it wasn’t”.

America.
That's so depressing.

Dr. StrangeHate

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Imagine being a right wing politician in Texas, all the way down to the school board level, & thinking that a hair style should be the hill to do battle on...

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Found myself siding with gun guy even though I know it's such a gross overreaction.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What is being said on the iPhone? I can't quite make it out.

e - christ, here's the backstory...

Drainy

As fun as it is to laugh at a nob head getting wrecked, obviously the guy isn't entitled to shoot him there. He did get found guilty of a lower charge about discharging the gun though.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
As fun as it is to laugh at a nob head getting wrecked, obviously the guy isn't entitled to shoot him there. He did get found guilty of a lower charge about discharging the gun though.
Agree in all. Specially the first sentence

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Disney sued over ‘severe’ injuries allegedly caused by ‘wedgie’ from water slide

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is facing a lawsuit related to an “injurious wedgie” that court documents allege resulted from riding a 214-foot water slide in the resort’s Typhoon Lagoon water park in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

The suit pertains to an incident that took place on October 14, 2019, on the Humunga Kowabunga water slide during a two-week visit to Walt Disney World by plaintiffs Emma and Edward McGuinness and their family. The family visited the resort in part to celebrate Emma McGuinness’ 30th birthday.

The slide, which Disney bills on its website as a “near-vertical, 5-story drop — in the dark,” descends 214 feet and plunges riders into a pool of water to end the ride.

The suit, which was filed last week in the Circuit Court for Orange County, Florida, alleges that Disney knew, or should have known, of the risk of painful “wedgies,” particularly for women.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/typhoon-lagoon-disney-sued-over-injuries-wedgie-water-slide/index.html

Only in 'Murica.... :houllier:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Disney sued over ‘severe’ injuries allegedly caused by ‘wedgie’ from water slide

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is facing a lawsuit related to an “injurious wedgie” that court documents allege resulted from riding a 214-foot water slide in the resort’s Typhoon Lagoon water park in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

The suit pertains to an incident that took place on October 14, 2019, on the Humunga Kowabunga water slide during a two-week visit to Walt Disney World by plaintiffs Emma and Edward McGuinness and their family. The family visited the resort in part to celebrate Emma McGuinness’ 30th birthday.

The slide, which Disney bills on its website as a “near-vertical, 5-story drop — in the dark,” descends 214 feet and plunges riders into a pool of water to end the ride.

The suit, which was filed last week in the Circuit Court for Orange County, Florida, alleges that Disney knew, or should have known, of the risk of painful “wedgies,” particularly for women.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/typhoon-lagoon-disney-sued-over-injuries-wedgie-water-slide/index.html

Only in 'Murica.... :houllier:
Interesting that cnn left the injury description out of their story:

“severe and permanent bodily injury including severe vaginal lacerations, a full thickness laceration causing Plaintiff’s bowel to protrude through her abdominal wall, and damage to her internal organs,” according to the complaint.
I would call that not a ‘wedgie’ and actually severe. You might want to take back the emoji.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Interesting that cnn left the injury description out of their story:

I would call that not a ‘wedgie’ and actually severe. You might want to take back the emoji.
Smacks a touch of McDonalds coffee being hot. Soon enough we will see placards at the entrance to that ride having to spell out potential injuries diplomatically.

That said, the old Der Stuka at Wet-n-Wild Orlando shits all over the Humonga Cawobunga pound for pound as far as water slides go.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Smacks a touch of McDonalds coffee being hot. Soon enough we will see placards at the entrance to that ride having to spell out potential injuries diplomatically.

That said, the old Der Stuka at Wet-n-Wild Orlando shits all over the Humonga Cawobunga pound for pound as far as water slides go.
In the McDonslds case they were purposely serving coffee too hot to drink to prevent people getting refills. The woman had 3rd degree burns on 6% of her body and lesser burns on 16% more and required skin grafts to repair the damage.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
In the McDonslds case they were purposely serving coffee too hot to drink to prevent people getting refills. The woman had 3rd degree burns on 6% of her body and lesser burns on 16% more and required skin grafts to repair the damage.
I never knew this backstory. Love learning new shit.