The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

Chipper

Adulterer.

Mental how often this happens.

This is the first I saw of any of them. Not sure how many headlines they made in the US, but it's as though the rest of the world is so used to it happening over there that it's not reported that widely.

Motive plays a part too I suppose. If it's not terrorism or some sort of lunatic shooting up a place of work or school then it doesn't get reported much. Fights, arguments, disputes or gang relatied stuff that end up with shootings don't seem to be particularly noteworthy.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Mental how often this happens.

This is the first I saw of any of them. Not sure how many headlines they made in the US, but it's as though the rest of the world is so used to it happening over there that it's not reported that widely.

Motive plays a part too I suppose. If it's not terrorism or some sort of lunatic shooting up a place of work or school then it doesn't get reported much. Fights, arguments, disputes or gang relatied stuff that end up with shootings don't seem to be particularly noteworthy.
In the 155 days of 2024 to date in the US there has been:

7,047 gun deaths
13,180 injuries
195 mass shootings
94 children (11 and under) killed
492 ‘teens’ (12-17 not sure why) killed

Chipper

Adulterer.
In the 155 days of 2024 to date in the US there has been:

7,047 gun deaths
13,180 injuries
195 mass shootings
94 children (11 and under) killed
492 ‘teens’ (12-17 not sure why) killed
Just another day in America then. It's sad.

Low death counts too, I think 3 died in total from those shootings. I know gun crime levels are insane over there, but I just had a moment there, thinking how if any one of these happened in the UK it would be shocking to the point it would be the top headline for a week.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just another day in America then. It's sad.

Low death counts too, I think 3 died in total from those shootings. I know gun crime levels are insane over there, but I just had a moment there, thinking how if any one of these happened in the UK it would be shocking to the point it would be the top headline for a week.
Oh no doubt, and as you said in your earlier post, the ones you cited barely made the news.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

That poor man. It's disgusting this is still happening in this day and age. He must have felt like shit, humiliated, hurt and embarrassed too.

As for the girl, she must have been humiliated too. It's really a shock she's managed to graduate at all with that as a father.

Honestly, that's really fecking wound me up. Absolutely disgusting.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What the actual feck

Is there a possibilty to consider that assault (racist motivated) and that he goes to jail?
Baraboo, the town that also brought you the blockbuster hit: Football team takes picture doing Nazi salute. Rural WI is something else.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I find that racism is alive and well in Europe, at a time when it has been largely blunted in the states
Oh racism is well and alive in europe for sure. But I think in europe is sneakier than in US that it seems to me, that very fringely is out at the open like that dad pushing away the black superintendent. In europe probably the dad would forbid the daughter to go to the ceremony or something else.

Obviously is just my personal observation that might be incorrect. The truth is that in broad terms, Europe and US are pretty much the same in racism IMO

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Oh racism is well and alive in europe for sure. But I think in europe is sneakier than in US that it seems to me, that very fringely is out at the open like that dad pushing away the black superintendent. In europe probably the dad would forbid the daughter to go to the ceremony or something else.

Obviously is just my personal observation that might be incorrect. The truth is that in broad terms, Europe and US are pretty much the same in racism IMO
It’s a meme mate.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/racism.347976/#post-11114876