The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I'm in Spokane. Nothing surprises me about this from idaho. I've often seen confederate flags on trucks and outside of houses, camping as well. Cour d'Alene is nice enough but I wouldn't go there if I was black. Backward State full of Trumpy racist cnuts

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I'm in Spokane. Nothing surprises me about this from idaho. I've often seen confederate flags on trucks and outside of houses, camping as well. Cour d'Alene is nice enough but I wouldn't go there if I was black. Backward State full of Trumpy racist cnuts
Friend of mine, probably the sweetest, nicest person I have ever known, was a children’s librarian in N. Idaho. I say was because she had to quit due to death threats leveled at her and her family. You can probably guess why…. She now has to commute an hour each way to get safe work.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Shootings in NYC were dropping YoY pre-pandemic, then spiked, and are now dropping again. 2023 has not been updated in the data source, but I saw on NYPD's website it as under 1,000. Too many?? Hell yah, but the idea that NYC is degrading into Escape From New York is just not suportted by the data.

2055​
1887​
1959​
1828​
1912​
1939​
1717​
1339​
1464​
1434​
1208​
970​
958​
967​
1948​
2011​
1716​
I’ve followed a YouTuber for ages who shows properties in NYC, and recently his videos have evolved into more general vlog content at times which was fine and I always quite liked him personally but I stopped watching recently cos he seems to have gone off the deep end with “NY is falling apart” and “NY is a crime ridden hell hole” type stuff, with a bunch of recent ones seemingly talking about migrants too.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I’ve followed a YouTuber for ages who shows properties in NYC, and recently his videos have evolved into more general vlog content at times which was fine and I always quite liked him personally but I stopped watching recently cos he seems to have gone off the deep end with “NY is falling apart” and “NY is a crime ridden hell hole” type stuff, with a bunch of recent ones seemingly talking about migrants too.
I've seen characters like that in places I've lived as well (Dev-)evolving from cheerleaders into MAGA like peeps. My theory has always been that somehow they think they didn't get enough pats on the back, or they weren't brought into the locality's in crowd like they felt they should be and then become bitter.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've seen characters like that in places I've lived as well (Dev-)evolving from cheerleaders into MAGA like peeps. My theory has always been that somehow they think they didn't get enough pats on the back, or they weren't brought into the locality's in crowd like they felt they should be and then become bitter.
Not sure what’s driven this guys fall into that rhetoric but if I had to guess I’d say he’s been swayed by junk media (seen him referencing the NY Post a bunch) and chasing clicks on his videos.

Just look at the last 3 months or so of video titles here - https://youtube.com/@CashJordan?si=tDDwWFsntNb8JBCw

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Not sure what’s driven this guys fall into that rhetoric but if I had to guess I’d say he’s been swayed by junk media (seen him referencing the NY Post a bunch) and chasing clicks on his videos.

Just look at the last 3 months or so of video titles here - https://youtube.com/@CashJordan?si=tDDwWFsntNb8JBCw
Yeah good point. Unfortunately people like him are probably targeted by people with deep conservative pockets to deliver a message once they established a certain cloud. Look at Rogan or the people buying established social media accounts on Reddit etc so they can then try to insert "reasonable" conservative talking points into their daily spiel. It's fecked up - especially because a good deal of people are probably swayed along with it.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Good. It will likely be overturned and they will become right wing heroes, but for now...good.
So good putting parents to prison and not who is manufacturing the guns or who sells it by the cheap to anyone. I find it very shitty to be honest. Yes, they hold some degree of responsibility, but I find it a deflection for the real culprits.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So good putting parents to prison and not who is manufacturing the guns or who sells it by the cheap to anyone. I find it very shitty to be honest. Yes, they hold some degree of responsibility, but I find it a deflection for the real culprits.
Yes, they should be in prison. They purchased the weapon for their child (he was a minor when they purchased it and when he murdered 4 people), they ignored numerous warning signs before the shooting, when warned by the school the morning of the shooting they blew the school off and he later went on his killing spree.

Now, if the question is should gun manufacturers have liability then I would agree, but there is a vast ocean of blame to be shared for the carnage caused by people with guns.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
The "real" culprits are politicians and right wing judges

But the parents bear a large degree of responsibility in this case, they purchased a weapon for a15 year old minor

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
They bought him the gun and failed to store it securely, ensuring he was able to access it and use it to shoot innocent people.

Hopefully this gives US gun owners pause about where and how they store their weapons. It's actually very important in reducing gun deaths

Last edited:

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
How much of a cnut would you have to be to think like that?

What a disgusting species we have become.
It was an hypothesis but people killed for less money than this guy (if my hypothesis would be correct) was offered

AllezLesDiables

How much of a cnut would you have to be to think like that?

What a disgusting species we have become.
The price for rugged individualism is psychopathy and sociopathy are rewarded. The United States is "ruled" by socipaths and psychopaths and the laws are written by the same people.

RedDevilQuebecois

Even if scammers are involved, there was no reason whatsoever for that white man to kill a 61-year-old black woman, who was an Uber driver as well. She was unarmed too, FFS!

Outright unacceptable. feck that murderer.

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout

"good guy with a gun" try to stop someone for stealing a truck, end up dead.
Trying to kill an unarmed (?) person at point blank for nonviolently (?) trying to steal your truck is insane behaviour. He could have easily hit an innocent bystander.

Edit:

The incident began at about 10:30 a.m. in the 4100 block of W. 5th Street. According to police, officers en route to a carjacking call were told the suspect had been involved in a hit-and-run in the parking lot of Go Gas at 2605 W. 5th Street and was trying to carjack a second vehicle on W. 5th Street in front of a McDonald’s restaurant.

“Good Samaritans got involved to prevent the carjacking but the suspect was then able to steal the vehicle of one of the good Samaritans,” police said in a news release. “In the process of stealing the vehicle the suspect reportedly intentionally struck one of the good Samaritans with the stolen vehicle.”

GiddyUp

Trying to kill an unarmed (?) person at point blank for nonviolently (?) trying to steal your truck is insane behaviour. He could have easily hit an innocent bystander.

Edit:

The incident began at about 10:30 a.m. in the 4100 block of W. 5th Street. According to police, officers en route to a carjacking call were told the suspect had been involved in a hit-and-run in the parking lot of Go Gas at 2605 W. 5th Street and was trying to carjack a second vehicle on W. 5th Street in front of a McDonald’s restaurant.

“Good Samaritans got involved to prevent the carjacking but the suspect was then able to steal the vehicle of one of the good Samaritans,” police said in a news release. “In the process of stealing the vehicle the suspect reportedly intentionally struck one of the good Samaritans with the stolen vehicle.”
The thing this country doesn't understand is car theft, even accidentally killing someone during a theft would never be judged or tried as a death sentence case unless there were crazy circumstances like that person using the car as a weapon. So what gives a conealed carry citizen the right to shoot someone dead for a theft when a prosecutor would never try it requesting a death penalty?
And now that man who decided to kill someone for a vehicle theft with his firearm is dead because he turned that car thief and vehicle in to a weapon that ultimately killed him. He made it so much worse that it cost him his life. If he shot ou the tires he'd be alive.