The Biden Presidency

WPMUFC

According to Axios, angry Biden donors complained to him about Dillon labeling the administration’s future legislative partners across the aisle as “a bunch of feckers” in a Glamour profile. Biden, during the presidential campaign, emphasized unity and bringing the country together to heal political divisions exacerbated by Trump, making one of his chief aide’s comments ill-timed and counterproductive.

“For those of us who, from Day One, bought into Biden’s calls for civility and a return to normalcy, this isn’t just beyond the pale — it’s plain stupid,” one upset Biden donor told Axios. Though none of the unnamed funders would go on the record with their complaints to Axios, they are nonetheless pushing for Dillon to publicly apologize for her profane assessment of the GOP.
https://www.axios.com/jen-omalley-d...ans-6f28d328-30a9-4b50-b56d-ab91a682f11f.html

It's going to be 4 years of this shit.

WPMUFC

If this is the worst of what we will see in the next four years, then fantastic.
Well, as posted above/recently, we've already seen worse coming out of the pending Biden Admin. This is just another aspect to it. Lets forget about 106 GOP house members trying to initiate a coup of the USA. What really matters is critisising a staffer for calling authoritarians "feckers". :lol:

WPMUFC

TBF those dummies book are pretty good for beginners, it serves a purposes for some basic understanding.

If trump read a few of those books on business, statemanship, negotiations, he'd be a much better president (one can hope)
Sure, but I think the overall message is that Biden was sold to the country on a "return to technocracy" after the orange cheetos "business acumen" sent the country spirally down the toilet towards authoritarianism. Then Biden gets in and gives someone wholly unqualified a position based on past primary politicking. This on top of the administration filling up with the usual suspects from the dark corners of wall street and the lobby groups, raises concerns around if any shift on policy ideology is actually coming (like neolibs keeps harping on) or whether the progressive doomsaying of "nothing will fundamentally change" is accurate.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sure, but I think the overall message is that Biden was sold to the country on a "return to technocracy" after the orange cheetos "business acumen" sent the country spirally down the toilet towards authoritarianism. Then Biden gets in and gives someone wholly unqualified a position based on past primary politicking. This on top of the administration filling up with the usual suspects from the dark corners of wall street and the lobby groups, raises concerns around if any shift on policy ideology is actually coming (like neolibs keeps harping on) or whether the progressive doomsaying of "nothing will fundamentally change" is accurate.
To be fair, it's just politics. Would have been naive to think some cases like this won't happen. Overall, his picks have largely been qualified.

WPMUFC

To be fair, it's just politics. Would have been naive to think some cases like this won't happen. Overall, his picks have largely been qualified.
oh for sure, however i'm not sure i can even put a number on how many times i think i've heard Biden was going to be a "return to experts". The Pete stuff is just a nice way to get a little dig in and "just call a spade a spade". I don't need your fluff, just pick people and stop with the theatrics.

Overall i'd argue some of his picks are qualified, a lot are their based on nothing to do with technical ability and more to do with satisfying vested interests / commitments.

freeurmind

weak willed
The problem is Democrat politicians don't care what the electorate wants. Heck they don't care what Democrat voters want. The only people who matter are the donors and the establishment media.

Kaos

The problem is Democrat politicians don't care what the electorate wants. Heck they don't care what Democrat voters want. The only people who matter are the donors and the establishment media.
So just like the Republican party then?

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
More like the Sigh-den Presidency innit. Still the lesser of two evils mind.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If the public cared this deeply about this issue then it would've been front and center during the election. Other than maybe a few references by Sanders, there wasn't really any talk about this.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
If the public cared this deeply about this issue then it would've been front and center during the election. Other than maybe a few references by Sanders, there wasn't really any talk about this.
Nah, I don't buy that. It's been on Trump's agenda all along, that's all that 'clean the swamp' is about. And a lot of people are into that idea. But since it's Trump's thing, it is hard for the Dems to make an impact on that subject. ('We'll also clean the swamp, but we'll do it better!' Not a strong message.) Even more so since Biden is a traditionalist candidate, for whom the message would be out-of-character, which of course Sanders doesn't have. Biden's campaign was anyway primarily about a return to normalcy, and that doesn't connect well to this message either. ('We have a traditional candidate to return things to normal in Washington politics, but we'll also shake things up.' It dilutes the message.)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Nah, I don't buy that. It's been on Trump's agenda all along, that's all that 'clean the swamp' is about. And a lot of people are into that idea. But since it's Trump's thing, it is hard for the Dems to make an impact on that subject. ('We'll also clean the swamp, but we'll do it better!' Not a strong message.) Even more so since Biden is a traditionalist candidate, for whom the message would be out-of-character, which of course Sanders doesn't have. Biden's campaign was anyway primarily about a return to normalcy, and that doesn't connect well to this message either. ('We have a traditional candidate to return things to normal in Washington politics, but we'll also shake things up.' It dilutes the message.)
It’s Drain the Swamp. The concept of running on an anti-corruption platform isn’t new, and Trump using it for his own corrupt purposes in no way speaks to what public sentiment actually is- which is about ordinary issues like jobs, wages, healthcare etc.

WPMUFC

Don't worry everyone. Even though the GOP tried multiple coup attempts, and seemingly is about to cause havoc in the senate for the EC vote, the real criminal has been brought to justice.

President-elect Joe Biden’s campaign manager and soon-to-be White House deputy chief of staff Jen O’Malley Dillon on Thursday addressed the controversy over her claim in a Glamour Magazine interview that Republicans are “a bunch of f*ckers.”

“The point that I was really making is an incredibly important point,” O’Malley Dillon said in a virtual event. “And that really is about the president-elect and why he was supported by over 81 million people, and what they were looking for.”

She added that she “used some words that I probably could have chosen better.”
https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden...emark-that-republicans-are-a-bunch-of-fckers/

Literally one comment from anonymous "donors" to a news outlet and Biden freaks out, makes his staffer apologise. :lol:

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
"Bunch of feckers" should be the nicest thing ever uttered about Republicans.

Drifter

American
Establishment Democrats are paid to be weak. Both parties share the same donors.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Establishment Democrats are paid to be weak. Both parties share the same donors.
Always loved that "Washington Generals" comparison since I first heard it. Paid to lose.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

multiple threads on reed by this account- highlights - helped with the crime bill and welfare cuts in the 90s, proposed social security cuts in the 90s and again in the 2010s as part of defeicit reduction, funded betsy devos' groups on public education.