Television The Blacklist

Sylar

Just watched the finale (double). Enjoyed it and a nice end to the show.
Ended like i thought. I do wonder hat way they would have gone if Liz hadnt left (maybe similar)?

Did anybody see it? Focusing it all on Red again was the best thing they did this and last season

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
apparently Red dies after being run over by a bull?

the feck?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Just watched the finale (double). Enjoyed it and a nice end to the show.
Ended like i thought. I do wonder hat way they would have gone if Liz hadnt left (maybe similar)?

Did anybody see it? Focusing it all on Red again was the best thing they did this and last season
I just had a month off work to deal with some long running health issues. I have been needing a break for the last four years. Came out of it a new man. Recuperated and rejuvenated, and most importantly healthy.

I used the time doing all the millions of little DIY projects and chores I always wanted to do. Brilliant. And it started off with the Blacklist on in the background. I skipped some episodes, because I was so distracted. I skipped through some scenes because I was so disinterested - stuff mainly with Elizabeth and Tom, as well as latter seasons Liz. But the upshot was that I binged all ten seasons in that one month window. I finished the final two episodes after my first day back at work.

Although I would say that in parts it was dreadful. I will also say that in parts it was wonderful. James Spader is absolutely fantastic, and Raymond Reddington makes my all time list of favourite TV characters, easily.

The end was very fitting and beautifully done, and the journey quite something else. I am really sad It’s over. I think the big change st the end of season 8, actually made the last two seasons much better than they would’ve been otherwise. The focus on Red was incredibly welcome.

I don’t normally watch procedural shows, but this one is definitely different to the masses. I watched it because I had recently rewatched Boston Legal and was looking for some more James Spader magic. I wasn’t disappointed. I feel like I watched it the right way. Some of it is hard to get through if you are glued to every episode. There is some definitely filler, but the overall picture, story and of course central character is superb.

It’s lasting legacy on me will be the subsequent growth of my hat collection.

Sylar

:lol: @simonhch regarding the hat collection
Glad you're healthier too. A break just seems to do wonders

I agree with the way it finished. And yeah, the focus being put on Reddington was much needed.
I think they hinted and were subtle that red was Liz mother without outright saying it

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
:lol: @simonhch regarding the hat collection
Glad you're healthier too. A break just seems to do wonders

I agree with the way it finished. And yeah, the focus being put on Reddington was much needed.
I think they hinted and were subtle that red was Liz mother without outright saying it
Yes, I agree that is the logical conclusion. “I guess I just can’t help it” line at the end pretty much confirmed it.

Charlie Foley

I think I watched this until season 2(?) where they realised he was trying to get close to the FBI for help and a plane crashed. Is it worth continuing?

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I think I watched this until season 2(?) where they realised he was trying to get close to the FBI for help and a plane crashed. Is it worth continuing?
If you enjoyed the show's formula - the "case of the week" episodes with a bigger plot that's supposed to be connecting the smaller dots - give it a go.

Personally, i endured it till the end because of James Spader. He brought tonnes of charisma onto the set and helped the creators get 10 seasons out of a show that wouldn't have lasted more than 2–3 seasons with a different lead (like Kiefer Sutherland, who was the first choice to play Reddington).

The pace is fast and the action looks great throughout the series. But they make too much use of Aram's ability to basically make the planet stop from his PC to move things forward. The dialogue leaves a lot to be desired and it even gets cringeworthy when they try to focus on relationships or social commentary. Megan Boone grew on some people later on, but i never found her convincing.

I thought the supporting cast is a mixed bag of paper-thin characters and missed opportunities. On the FBI side, you get the older boss who acts as a father figure and a moral compass, the tough guy who's a good cop (so American), the immigrant kid who "made it" and the Iranian who decided to work for Mossad because they're the good guys (give me a break). Red's side is far more interesting, with Dembe, Kate and the rest... even the funnier ones. Problem is, we never really get to know them, they're just orbiting around Reddington and his big mystery.

The cases often get crazier than you would expect and this adds a 90s almost X-Files-like battiness which i liked and it goes well with Red's bigger than life persona. As i mentioned, this is what you get throughout the 10 seasons. If you like it, i'd say it peaks in the middle seasons (5-7, if i remember correctly).

pauldyson1uk

100% yes, Spader is brilliant , I would say his best role, yeah there is a few filler eps, but overall I would say are well worth watching.
The main core of the secret task force is I think is very good.
Dembe is one of the better ones.
I agree with the post above it peaked season 5-7 maybe 8 but for me the quality does not drop much.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
100% yes, Spader is brilliant , I would say his best role, yeah there is a few filler eps, but overall I would say are well worth watching.
The main core of the secret task force is I think is very good.
Dembe is one of the better ones.
I agree with the post above it peaked season 5-7 maybe 8 but for me the quality does not drop much.
Alan Shore!

pauldyson1uk

I felt quite emotional watching the last ever ep, the ending was not what I expected it to be, but it was done well.
10 years I have been watching this and I enjoyed it all.
I was right about the ending.

Sylar

I liked the ending. I do wonder how it might have been different if agent keen didn't leave the show, guessing reds true identity revealed properly (and thus to the audience)

Saying that I liked the subtle way they did it

TheGame

I felt quite emotional watching the last ever ep, the ending was not what I expected it to be, but it was done well.
10 years I have been watching this and I enjoyed it all.
I was right about the ending.
Yes my thoughts as well after watching the ending. Really enjoyed it throughout it's run.

They hinted at the theory who Reddington was but they never confirmed it so it leaves audiences to discuss their theories.