Television The Blacklist

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You mean

sex change?
Yeah… there was that Blacklister from an earlier season who did surgeries to change identities so I could see that being the explanation. It explains why he’s so keen to keep his identity hidden & why Townsend suddenly wanted to kill Keen.

Also, there was that season with the Russian husband who was about to kill Red but he whispered something & was freed - it would make sense Red told him his real identity (Katarina) to get loose.

Sylar

Yeah… there was that Blacklister from an earlier season who did surgeries to change identities so I could see that being the explanation. It explains why he’s so keen to keep his identity hidden & why Townsend suddenly wanted to kill Keen.

Also, there was that season with the Russian husband who was about to kill Red but he whispered something & was freed - it would make sense Red told him his real identity (Katarina) to get loose.
Yeah I'm with you on that, it would make sense too given Reds reactions

If it's not, it will be interesting to see who

ha_rooney

Saw the ending coming a mile off. It would’ve been shocking had they not announced another season & reported Boone wouldn’t return. This show is dead without Spader, so no chance they were killing him & carrying on.

The season arc was very poor & Liz’s character this entire season was utter shite. The actress just didn’t have the presence or charisma to be that character that rivals/takes over from Red. I’m more certain now that Red is Katarina. How Liz never made that connection or even asked it, I don’t know (she was a FBI profiler at the start of the show, guess they forgot that).

I’m not sure what the point of season 9 will be. Maybe would’ve been better if she shot Red first & then got killed and they ended the show with both of them dying.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
So, she's standing the middle of the room hallucinating conversations with people and getting actual answers out of thin air? Did I miss something? Why is she tripping balls and not noticing gun fire all around her? Meh who cares, she's dead now thank feck. No more insufferable dialogue and other characters falling over themselves to worship at her feet. "I have the right to know!!!" You have the right to feck all. Bolt, ya nugget. Now we get some solid Red and Dembe time. Happy days.

Sylar

I think s9 will reveal who red is to her (which I think is obvious now and has been hinted so much). I mean it has to, right?

I liked the ending of s8, though they got there in a round about way, and not sure if covid shootings or the actress leaving played a big part in plans changing

Guessing s9 will end with
red dying but legacy being left for liz daughter or something

Also @ha_rooney your theory has to be it, right? There's nothing else that would make sense given the conversation, the hints and even the memories at the end and it almost pointing towards it.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

I think s9 will reveal who red is to her (which I think is obvious now and has been hinted so much). I mean it has to, right?

I liked the ending of s8, though they got there in a round about way, and not sure if covid shootings or the actress leaving played a big part in plans changing

Guessing s9 will end with
red dying but legacy being left for liz daughter or something

Also @ha_rooney your theory has to be it, right? There's nothing else that would make sense given the conversation, the hints and even the memories at the end and it almost pointing towards it.
The flashback Liz saw as she was dying pretty much confirms it has to be it, as you say nothing else would make sense at this point. I was disappointed that Liz died without ever explicitly finding out the truth.

The creator of the show has left, so it’ll be interesting where they go/what they do next season since the focus has been so much on Red & Keen. I still think this was a logical point for it to all end.

Sylar

The flashback Liz saw as she was dying pretty much confirms it has to be it, as you say nothing else would make sense at this point. I was disappointed that Liz died without ever explicitly finding out the truth.

The creator of the show has left, so it’ll be interesting where they go/what they do next season since the focus has been so much on Red & Keen. I still think this was a logical point for it to all end.
Yeah, im guessing this was meant to be the final season then they extended it for another season. Everything about this season seemed to scream endgame and looks like it was changed half way especially with the news about the actress.

Yeah was hoping Liz would at least find out the truth. Like, the very least they could have done is have Red whisper it to her just before the end.

lsd

The Oracle

There is no way that is the truth

izec

There is no way that is the truth
Why not? To me it is obvious as it could be. They may now change or twist it of course with all these changes with the Keen actress leaving and the director as well, but there is no other theory left.

Sylar

Why not? To me it is obvious as it could be. They may now change or twist it of course with all these changes with the Keen actress leaving and the director as well, but there is no other theory left.
Dembe is liz real father

lsd

The Oracle

Well for one thing he has a daughter Jennifer

lsd

The Oracle
That is the daughter of the real Reddington, that got shot by Liz in the fire.

The last season was awful with their weird storyline making Liz out to be superwoman i would hope they now go back to what made people like the show in the first place and that is Red being Red.

When the best thing about the season is Huey Lewis playing himself it doesn't say a lot

Last edited:

Oaencha

I think James Spader is an amazing actor. I gave this two seasons and got bored. 7,8 seasons? Does it get any better?

ha_rooney

I think James Spader is an amazing actor. I gave this two seasons and got bored. 7,8 seasons? Does it get any better?
It follows the same formula so if you got bored after 2 seasons, you probably won’t like the remaining seasons. Spader is brilliant though, he’s by far the main reason I’ve stuck around with this.

Sylar

Spader and the whole story behind his character reddington is certainly the best thing
Dembe is cool too

ha_rooney

New season has started. Feels like a reboot, not sure of Red’s new look :nervous:

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Thanks for the reminder
One more to add

Shit they really are coming back thick and fast
I watched the new episode last night, its much better without Liz and has a new buzz about it. Red is the show.

pauldyson1uk

Just finished watching season 8, I think I am in the minority here , I really enjoyed it.
Over all I thought it was a good season, yeah there was a few bad eps.
The last 2 were some of the best of the whole thing.
Looking forward to season 9.

Sylar

Finally binged most of s9. Its been so much better. Liz' going, for whatever reason, was the best thing that happened to this show.
As said above by @Nialler and @ha_rooney its had a reboot and a new buzz about it.

I have two episodes left but its whizzed by on a binge.Its had conspiracy, some good individual episodes and the whole arc. And its gone back to Blacklist episodes with a focus on that tying to the overall arc.

Sylar

Just finished season 9 and thought it was great and well set up for the next season. Next season should be the last I think as I’m not sure how much longer they can go on.
Agree with that. Think it can wrap up well as well and S10 is a great place to go

Sylar

Didn't realise S10 was out and started. Most of the season is done and binge watching it. It's been great.

Red schemes are just something else.really enjoyed episode 9. A lot of fun stuff.

JuriM

Didn't realise S10 was out and started. Most of the season is done and binge watching it. It's been great.

Red schemes are just something else.really enjoyed episode 9. A lot of fun stuff.
The whole season 10 has been a very pleasant surprise after season 9 seemed like it was lost in the wilderness.

Sylar

The whole season 10 has been a very pleasant surprise after season 9 seemed like it was lost in the wilderness.
I liked s9.s8 was a bit meh as they seemed to lose focus away from reddington iirc

Baneofthegame

Is it actually worth watching this? When it first came out I watched the first three seasons, but got bored of it.

lsd

The Oracle
Is it actually worth watching this? When it first came out I watched the first three seasons, but got bored of it.

I lost interest when they turned Elizabeth into a smarter criminal mastermind than Red.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Where are you watching the later seasons? Amazon only has up to 6

ha_rooney

Enjoyed this season so far. Hoping they stick the landing. Spader’s the only reason I’ve stuck with this for so long, brilliant actor.

Sylar

Enjoyed this season so far. Hoping they stick the landing. Spader’s the only reason I’ve stuck with this for so long, brilliant actor.
He's fantastic, great delivery when telling a story or being a menace or even the light hearted stuff

Where are you watching the later seasons? Amazon only has up to 6
Yeah it's on Netflix on non UK. Didn't realise how bad the UK netflix catalogue was until I used vpn :lol:

I think it is, but if you got bored of first three seasons probably not worth sticking around but some of the stories are great and the main actor is fantastic

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
No. I bailed early too. I know a few mates that have stuck with it but don’t really know why. None of them sell it to me. Apparently there are plenty of good episodes sprinkled across the 6 seasons since I gave up, but an awful lot of old school procedural nonsense otherwise.

Baneofthegame

He's fantastic, great delivery when telling a story or being a menace or even the light hearted stuff

Yeah it's on Netflix on non UK. Didn't realise how bad the UK netflix catalogue was until I used vpn :lol:

I think it is, but if you got bored of first three seasons probably not worth sticking around but some of the stories are great and the main actor is fantastic
To be honest I enjoyed the first season, but thought it was just repetitive after.

Sylar

Convinced Red is dying at the end (just seen ep16 and almost caught up)