Television The Blacklist

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
Starring James Spader as a most wanted criminal mastermind who hands himself in decides to be a snitch for the FBI. His motives are unclear. He insists on only dealing with a rookie female agent who he may or may not share a past with. I'm half way through the 1st season. It's a decent show

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I enjoy the show, Red is a really good character and the overall story arc is decent. I hope they're able to give a reasonable explanation for everything that has happened and that this makes sense, rather than a disjointed conclusion.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
It's so poor that it's hard to sit through even a minute of the ridiculous dialogue or acting. The Denny Crane moments are the only worthwhile scenes but even Spader doesn't make it watchable, IMO

Member 39557

It's a bit shit, but in an entertaining way. I keep watching it despite knowing that I shouldn't.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I've just finished the first season of this. I think it is a really good show, but I kind of guessed Red's secret from the very start as I imagine many others did.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Most movies/series with James Spader, is great!

Like the show. Thought they should have gone with 10 - 12 episodes per season (like most series should!), and not 22 - 24 episode season.

Season 1 started becoming a bit frustrating with too many "filler" episodes IMO. Season 2 started well though.

suheilsworld

I love the series. Would love to see how they write Elizabeth's role now that she has crossed to the other side.

Clueless about what Raymond wants from Cabal that he is now looking to join them

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought it was a really good show, binge watched the first 2 series. Sure it is a little hard to believe at times, but what show isn't. If you take it at face value it's good fun.

roykeane19

I love the series. Would love to see how they write Elizabeth's role now that she has crossed to the other side.

Clueless about what Raymond wants from Cabal that he is now looking to join them
That was a big twist,wasnt really expecting that. Should be interesting how the plot goes now

R'hllor

RIP Liz (or not,dunno but i am on on side that she is dead)

Still watching this show and think Spader is amazing in this.

R'hllor

Killing Liz was a bold move, but I'm pretty sure it was a fake by Kaplan or Red.
Dont think Red knows,looking promo for new episode,looks like he is in enrage mode.Maybe Kaplan did it solo and didnt say to anyone,so everything looks more convincing

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Dont think Red knows,looking promo for new episode,looks like he is in enrage mode.Maybe Kaplan did it solo and didnt say to anyone,so everything looks more convincing
iI think it's Kaplin acting alone, the comment she made about they couldn't do enough for the child, then the emotion on her face at the birth. The amount of time she was alone in the tent with Tom & the medics whilst Red was outside was long enough for her to sell the plan to them, the only way to get Liz free & clear of the situation was if Red & Solomon/The Cabal think she's dead.

Sidenote, Solomon is gonna be proper fecked up by Red next season I reckon :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What's with the Home Alone reenactment?

Didn't like the episode at all - The Blacklist is not the type of series where metaphorical episode like this one would've been appropriate - the screenwriters just don't know what to do when there is no action and, as expected, they failed in their attempt of showing us something deeper and more complex.

Mal donaghy

James spider is excellent in this, enjoying the new season, I've sky+ it every week, and was going to wait till the season end and the binge on them, but I couldn't wait (through boredom) so I've just done season 3 from the start upto now and it's still thoroughly entertaining stuff even though it's sometimes predictability, I'm loving it.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
I think this series gets less credit than it deserves, easily one of the best shows on currently and over the last few years IMO.

Simbo

Can't remember when I stopped watching but I watched a fair bit of this due to lack of much else to do...

Spader is class and the mystery of his story line was the best thing about it, but some of the episodes were so utterly terrible that hearing some people say its one of the best things on TV right now makes me think you just be locked up in a padded room. Does it get that much better?

pauldyson1uk

Can't remember when I stopped watching but I watched a fair bit of this due to lack of much else to do...

Spader is class and the mystery of his story line was the best thing about it, but some of the episodes were so utterly terrible that hearing some people say its one of the best things on TV right now makes me think you just be locked up in a padded room. Does it get that much better?
I agree some of the EPs are terrible but has a whole the series is brilliant , Spader is quality.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Watching this on Sky, tonight's episode was shocking!! Can't believe they did that & very unexpected.

One of my favourite shows. Spader is brilliant.

Mal donaghy

Do you reckon it's true ? Is what happend last night actually real ?
It was a show stopper for sure!

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Do you reckon it's true ? Is what happend last night actually real ?
It was a show stopper for sure!
I'm assuming you're watching on UK schedule, not US?

I'm not convinced she's dead, there's a post further up this thread with my thoughts on what might be going on.