Books The BOOK thread

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I've read four Krasnahorkai now, the two you mentioned and also War & War and Seiobo There Below and I'd say that Satantango might be my least favorite (though still a powerful novel). I can't really decide on a favorite now as each is very different but just drips with that Krasznahorkai flavor. Seiobo There Below might be the easiest to read in chunks as its essentially a collection of short stories that are united by its unique theme of embodying the Fibonacci sequence thematically from one story to the next: 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21...War & War would be the easiest to power through start to finish as it's his shortest novel and probably the most linear narrative focusing mostly on just a single protagonist. I think Melancholy is still my favorite but that might be because it broke my Krasznahorkai virginity ;)

If I was to suggest as reading order now, it would probably be
1. War
2. Melancholy
3. Seiobo
4. Satantango
5. Baron Wenkheim's Homecoming (which I just began but paused because I have so many books on my to-read list)
Did you ever check out the URL at the end of War and War btw?

https://warandwar.com

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
So today I completed the Harry Potter series.
It took me 5 months or so with some breaks in between.

My first books I've ever actually read outside school.
I feel I fit in perfectly well with this thread now.

Dune is next on my list

celia

So today I completed the Harry Potter series.
It took me 5 months or so with some breaks in between.

My first books I've ever actually read outside school.
I feel I fit in perfectly well with this thread now.

Dune is next on my list
You may also appreciate the Fantasy Thread.

-

I started Piranesi by Susanna Clarke and I dislike it. It seems more nonsense than anything and I am not a nonsense reader/watcher. A variation of strange rooms with statues. I am more tempted to quit but since it is a short book and there are dithyrambic reviews on Goodreads, I will try to read at least 3 parts.