Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Current anime rotation:
Historical - Vinland Saga
Romance - Your Life in April
Military - Kingdom
Parody - Mob Psycho 100 Season 2
Fantasy - Land of the Lustrous

I watched my first anime move in around 7 years. It was called Kotonoha no Niwa. Visually stunning, but underwhelming story imho. Attempted Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu and Patema Inverted but stopped both of them 30 minutes in.
I'm going to try and watch one anime movie a month. So for October I'll watch Blackfox which will be released on 5th October. In subsequent months, I'll attempt to watch No Game No Life (November), Jin Roh, Sword of the stranger, Fate Heaven's Lost Butterfly, Youji Senki, Spirited Away, Madoka Rebellion, and Wolf Children.

Babylon seems interesting

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I like to have genre varied. Manhwa have some great ones in; 'My Dear Cold Blooded King', 'I Love Yoo', 'SubZero' and Freaking Romance. Freaking Romance has a similar plot to the wildely held esteemed movie, "Your Name"

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I like to have genre varied. Manhwa have some great ones in; 'My Dear Cold Blooded King', 'I Love Yoo', 'SubZero' and Freaking Romance. Freaking Romance has a similar plot to the wildely held esteemed movie, "Your Name"
Have you seen all of your lie in april before?

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Have you seen all of your lie in april before?
I'm on episode 4. With the anime rotation, I intend on watching one anime a day and that can be only just one episode. So I'm in the early stages of the aforementioned anime. But I think I just got your initial response

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'm on episode 4. With the anime rotation, I intend on watching one anime a day and that can be only just one episode. So I'm in the early stages of the aforementioned anime.
I wish I had the patience you have! Whenever I watch I struggle to turn it off. :lol:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I'm going to try and watch one anime movie a month.
Maybe check this out if you haven't already, Rasendori — kinda dated and by no means a landmark movie, but if you're remotely into hack-and-slash anime (or even old school combat/brawn movies like First of the North Star), this one is close to the peak in terms of being mindless but also quite enjoyable...

el3mel

Is Demon Slayer season done yet? I was planning to watch it once it's completed.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I wish I had the patience you have! Whenever I watch I struggle to turn it off. :lol:
Which romance anime do you have the patience for? Or is the genre itself unappealing to you?
Is Demon Slayer season done yet? I was planning to watch it once it's completed.
1 more episode

Maybe check this out if you haven't already, Rasendori — kinda dated and by no means a landmark movie, but if you're remotely into hack-and-slash anime (or even old school combat/brawn movies like First of the North Star), this one is close to the peak in terms of being mindless but also quite enjoyable...

Thanks, I'll add it to the list. I think historical is emerging as my favourite genre

el3mel

I'm honestly not in the movies at all. The only one I watched was Your Name due to all the hype surrounding it and I liked it. Rated it 9 on MAL. Rest of the movies I watched are those connected to series. I'm more of "series" guy than "movies", however I have few movies on my planning to watch list if I decided to try something new at any time.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I'm honestly not in the movies at all. The only one I watched was Your Name due to all the hype surrounding it and I liked it. Rated it 9 on MAL. Rest of the movies I watched are those connected to series. I'm more of "series" guy than "movies", however I have few movies on my planning to watch list if I decided to try something new at any time.
I'm in a similar boat with being more of a series guy. Different that I didn't really watch movie adaptations of the series I watched apart from a few. I only tried Kotonoha no Niwa, Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu, and Patema Inverted because I heard visually they were quite the sight.

vangagal

I'm in a similar boat with being more of a series guy. Different that I didn't really watch movie adaptations of the series I watched apart from a few. I only tried Kotonoha no Niwa, Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu, and Patema Inverted because I heard visually they were quite the sight.
Anything by Makoto Shinkai is quite something in visual.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Which romance anime do you have the patience for? Or is the genre itself unappealing to you?

1 more episode

Thanks, I'll add it to the list. I think historical is emerging as my favourite genre
No, no. It's not that. It's just that Your lie in april is a emotional rollercoaster the first time you watch it.
Kimi no na wa/Your Name is my favorite by far.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I think I was a bit harsh with my assessment of Kotonoha no Niwa. Anyway ...

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
For movies i recommend classics such as Vampire Hunter D, Angel's egg, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Ninja Scroll as well

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How is One Punch Man Season 2?
Not as good as the first season. The animation, pacing and even the sound design is a bit off. Still, the story itself is pretty entertaining and if you liked season 1 then I think you'll enjoy season 2.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Not as good as the first season. The animation, pacing and even the sound design is a bit off. Still, the story itself is pretty entertaining and if you liked season 1 then I think you'll enjoy season 2.
Is there an English dub of it yet?

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Is there an English dub of it yet?
Eng dub debut on October 12. Previously you mentioned you wanted an anime that could replicate the comedic aspect of OPM. Did you ever get round to trying Mob Psycho, and Assassination Classroom?

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Are those two better than Yu Yu Hakusho?
Comedy is one of my least favourite genres. I don't like Assassination Classroom but I can definitely see Hernandez-BFA liking it. As for Mob Psycho, I find it OK. I can see some of myself in Arataka Reigen, as whenever friends/teachers/lecturers/family asked me what I wanted to do career wise, I would always respond with 'crystal ball artist' and the reactions were brilliant without fail. He's the type of personality I had in mind when playing along with my ambition so to speak. I'd personally pick YYH by quite some distance, but not for comedic reasons. One of the reasons I like OPM is specifically because it mocks shows like YYH which I hold in high esteem. Take the fight with the antagonist in the Dark Tournament, that's got to be the most cliche shounen fight ever. Quite the parallel to disposing of enemies so quickly in OPM and to a lesser extent Mob.

el3mel

Watched the first 10 episodes of Demon Slayer. Great so far! Though tbh it has pretty much all the Shounen typical cliches, but they're done pretty well.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Watched the first 10 episodes of Demon Slayer. Great so far! Though tbh it has pretty much all the Shounen typical cliches, but they're done pretty well.
Yep, it is pretty cliched and basic. The art style, choreography and score were the main draws for me...

as well as the surprisingly good dynamics between Kamaboko Gonpachiro :lol:, Inosuke and Zenitsu

...and made me wish a manga like InuYasha would've gotten similar treatment — kinda drags on with Naraku towards the end but a more expansive/engaging demon story all things considered, and stuff like Inu's Wind Scar (directly comparable to Tanjiro's water forms), Sango's boomerang attacks, Sesshōmaru's Meidō Zangetsuha or Kagura's myriad fan dances would've looked brilliant with Studio Ufotable at the helm.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Finished One Punch Man S2. Had some positives, but overall it was a step down from S1.

Good news is this isn't focused on Saitama. Bad news is this isn't focused on Saitama.

Satitama is moved to a mentor role which is refreshing and wonderful. The entire show feels like a filler and it ends half finished with the main villain still feeling like Boros-lite. Too many distractions and diluted show,

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Updated anime rotation:

Historical - Vinland Saga
Romance - Your Life in April
Military - Kingdom, Saga of Tanya the Evil
Parody - The Disastrous Life of Saiki
Fantasy - Land of the Lustrous
Samurai - Drifters
Mystery - From the New World
Slice of life - Hyouka
Game - Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler
Martial Arts - Katanagatari

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Started this yesterday, and it's pretty good so far. Compelling, grimy premise...and I really like Hyakkimaru.

Adapted from a really old school manga by Osamu Tezuka (who is considered the Godfather of manga).

el3mel

Yep, it is pretty cliched and basic. The art style, choreography and score were the main draws for me...

as well as the surprisingly good dynamics between Kamaboko Gonpachiro :lol:, Inosuke and Zenitsu

...and made me wish a manga like InuYasha would've gotten similar treatment — kinda drags on with Naraku towards the end but a more expansive/engaging demon story all things considered, and stuff like Inu's Wind Scar (directly comparable to Tanjiro's water forms), Sango's boomerang attacks, Sesshōmaru's Meidō Zangetsuha or Kagura's myriad fan dances would've looked brilliant with Studio Ufotable at the helm.
Finished episode 18 yesterday. Yeah I know, too slow from me, but I can't watch every day unfortunately.

Never imagined I would end up liking Zenitsu or that he'll have the best scene in the anime in those 19 episodes. Can't stop repeating his fight with that Spider. Hated him when he was first introduced haha.

roseguy64

Finished episode 18 yesterday. Yeah I know, too slow from me, but I can't watch every day unfortunately.

Never imagined I would end up liking Zenitsu or that he'll have the best scene in the anime in those 19 episodes. Can't stop repeating his fight with that Spider. Hated him when he was first introduced haha.
I had a similar feeling with this character. Was absolutely annoying.

roseguy64

Demon Slayer was the last anime watched. Ignoring My Hero Aca S4E1.

Started Seven Deadly Sins on Saturday and currently at episode 22 of season 1. Way too pervy but seen comments saying it's for a reason and not seen why yet. Other than a resemblance between two characters?

el3mel

I had a similar feeling with this character. Was absolutely annoying.
I finished the anime few days ago! Enjoyed the ride and gave it a 9 on MAL. The animation of fighting scene in episode 19 was ridiculous, probably the best I have seen this year alongside AOT.

Though I still prefer the scene I mentioned

as Zenitsu got his kill at the end while the kill was stolen from Tanjiro. The point of Rui cutting his head on his own by his strings to dodge Tanjiro attack kinda took a lot of the episode 19 fight. I know it's logical they wanted to show the moons to be much harder than a random power up in a battle but still.

AaronRedDevil

Just finished watching Seis Manos on Netflix. Highly recommend it. It's a brilliant show. Can't wait for Season 2.

Now moving on to fate zero.

roseguy64

I finished the anime few days ago! Enjoyed the ride and gave it a 9 on MAL. The animation of fighting scene in episode 19 was ridiculous, probably the best I have seen this year alongside AOT.

Though I still prefer the scene I mentioned

as Zenitsu got his kill at the end while the kill was stolen from Tanjiro. The point of Rui cutting his head on his own by his strings to dodge Tanjiro attack kinda took a lot of the episode 19 fight. I know it's logical they wanted to show the moons to be much harder than a random power up in a battle but still.
I liked that they did that in episode 20. Grounds Tanjiro's skill level and allowed the power of a Hashira to shine.

el3mel

I liked that they did that in episode 20. Grounds Tanjiro's skill level and allowed the power of a Hashira to shine.
Yeah I understood the reason for that and even agree with it, as killing a moon that easily by a random power up wouldn't have made sense, though the point of Rui cutting his own head by his strings before Tanjiro managing it is what put me off after the amazing scene of the previous episode. Probably could have made it like a moon has a way to survive even with his head slashed or something to show that Tanjiro is still a long ahead of beating them. It's not a big deal though.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
To be honest, I thought the sequence and timing-of-events was perfect. The viewers got their brief post Hinokami Kagura emotional high with Episode 19 and Rui's fake death, and that Form 11 non-fight was perfect for Giyuu to showcase his powers / badassery (which he won't get to do all that often as the story evolves rapidly and the primary protagonist become incredibly strong, thereby needing no rescuing). Tanjiro beating a lower moon on his own would be a bit too much at the stage wrt. power scaling, even for a shōnen — and none better than Giyuu to finish the job...considering he spared Nezuko's life at the very beginning when he could've easily terminated both her and Tanjiro, is a former pupil of Kamado and also a friend of Sabito — in a lot of way's he's like an older brother / guardian in spirit to both Tanjiro and Nezuko at that point in the story (and even vouched for them using his status as a pillar, when many of the rest were opposed to them joining the Demon Slayer ranks).