The centre-forward market...

Sgreddevil

I don't think we should go for another stop-gap solution anymore. Is time to get a well-proven true centre forward. Someone in the mould of Haaland to truely challenge for top 4 and beyond. Otherwise we will just be stuck at currenr position and will struggle to even get top 4. However with that said, I can't thinj of any possible available option right now to fit the bill. (If only we can get Kane)

Walters_19_MuFc

I don't think we should go for another stop-gap solution anymore. Is time to get a well-proven true centre forward. Someone in the mould of Haaland to truely challenge for top 4 and beyond. Otherwise we will just be stuck at currenr position and will struggle to even get top 4. However with that said, I can't thinj of any possible available option right now to fit the bill. (If only we can get Kane)
As you said, that forward most likely won't be available in January, so it will be smart to go for a stop-gap until we can reassess during the summer.

BenitoSTARR

Gaspar
I do think Garnacho makes Gakpo less likely but Gakpo could come in and Rashford be pushed central as rotation with Martial.

I’d like Gakpo regardless as I think he’s very good and could get even better.

Or Jonathan David as a good pressing forward who would create space for others like Rashford and Bruno.

I think more likely we just won’t sign anyone. Shame but I don’t see a clear favourite.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
EDIT: Why are people talking about Sesko? He's already agreed a deal to go to Leipzig at the end of the season so that deal is literally impossible.
No, that simply means you would have to do business with Leipzig instead of Salzburg to sign him. The transfer window isn't open, so he hasn't formally transferred to Leipzig and become part of their squad. At least if we talk about a summer move, a winter move would include both clubs.

Todd

I'd be thrilled to get Kane in the summer. Sign him and watch him eventually break Shearer's record in a United shirt.

The problem is if we don't get a stop-gap this winter I don't like our chances of getting top 4, which will make signing top players much more difficult in the summer.

daveskimufc

Wouldnt be the most surprising thing to hear something like the "no value in the market" excuse for not signing a striker this winter.

Really cannot do without

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The key thing above all else is that we go into next season with a top quality first choice CF of the profile ETH wants. Not settling for a different type of CF, not relying on Anthony Martial as a first choice striker.

Once that's the case, pretty much everything else is justifiable. Be it overpaying to get that player in January, signing a different type of attacker we want in January and using Rashford centrally for the rest of this season, signing or loaning a player as a short term option for the rest of the season or even signing nobody if that's what it takes to get the guy we really want in the summer (though hopefully that's not the case).

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Felix on loan is clearly the best and feasible January option.

MrSingh2002

Mbappe.

There's Ronaldo wages available and Mbappe could be available at the end of the season for an ambitious club.

The club being sold could finally mean we're a credible ambitious club once again.

Aim high.

X