Music The Country Music Thread - ZARLAK COME IN SO WE CAN MOCK YOU

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Got a bottle of liquor and ma daddy don't love me, shooting ma gun cause my woman don't trust me

Something like that

Keenst

Well this threads confirmed all my worst fears about country. And True Detective was giving it such a good name.
Townes is all you need. Lungs, which was played in True Detective, is a great song but he has plenty more. The guy was an incredible songwriter.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

So aside from this being offensive and horrible, what is Brad Paisley doing with a Confederate flag? He's from West Virginia, the state that was explicitly created during the Civil War because residents felt more allegiance to the Union?

John_Jensen

Townes is all you need. Lungs, which was played in True Detective, is a great song but he has plenty more. The guy was an incredible songwriter.

I like most of the little i've heard of Townes, such as this one:

Any particular album you'd recommend as a starter?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Townes doesn't really count as Country for me. It's bluesy folk. Country is a name that is exclusively reserved for awful, awful shite. If it's any good, it's probably something else, possibly accidentally.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Townes doesn't really count as Country for me. It's bluesy folk. Country is a name that is exclusively reserved for awful, awful shite. If it's any good, it's probably something else, possibly accidentally.
Real country these days is alt country. The stuff that wins country music awards is pop or hip hop and without exception, horrible. But old school country has some great stuff.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
No, I don't believe that. It'll be something else. Usually blues or folk. Either or really. Just pick one.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Not a huge Country fan (much prefer Blues) but here's a Country/Blues song I love:

Also Surprised at the lack of Johnny Cash tracks in this thread. And I partly agree with what Mockney said which probably means the song I posted isn't country.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien

So aside from this being offensive and horrible, what is Brad Paisley doing with a Confederate flag? He's from West Virginia, the state that was explicitly created during the Civil War because residents felt more allegiance to the Union?
Pseudo-rebelliousness. You can find this in states as high up as New Hampshire these days. Not too common but they're rednecks all over the rural areas of many states, even Illionios. For some of them the Confederate flag has become a symbol of 'redneck pride'