The Criteria Draft - Preliminary Discussion

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Full season - from the end of the summer transfer window to the final official match of that season for that club.

A minimum of 10 years would be correct.

If the country no longer exists it isn't in the top 30 today, is it? :P.
Hehe - no, I guess it isn't. But players who were active around 1990 could be problematic in this regard - given they might've represented both Yugoslavia and...take your pick, and the latter nation could be ON the top 30 list. Same for the old Soviet Union.

Full season definition: on the books in the whole period (August to May). So, Mata 2013-14 doesn't count as either a Chelsea or a United player. Whereas Lindegaard played for United that season, regardless of minutes on the pitch.

Correct?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Hehe - no, I guess it isn't. But players who were active around 1990 could be problematic in this regard - given they might've represented both Yugoslavia and...take your pick, and the latter nation could be ON the top 30 list. Same for the old Soviet Union.

Full season definition: on the books in the whole period (August to May). So, Mata 2013-14 doesn't count as either a Chelsea or a United player. Whereas Lindegaard played for United that season, regardless of minutes on the pitch.

Correct?
Well, wouldn't that mean he has played for a country in the top 30 though?!

The confusion might occur with say west Germany, does it count as Germany? But it doesn't - I tried to clarify that.

And the latter is correct.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, wouldn't that mean he has played for a country in the top 30 though?!

The confusion might occur with say west Germany, does it count as Germany? But it doesn't - I tried to clarify that.

And the latter is correct.
Yes - but according to your definition he has also played for a country outside the top 30. The criterion is a player who has played for a country outside the current top 30 - not a player who has never played for a country IN the current top 30.

But it's not complicated. If you define West Germany as having nothing to do with Germany - then the former country is definitely not in the current top 30, and any player who represented West Germany meets the criterion.

Moby

Dick
As before to simplify the problem of nationality of payers who belong to unified/divided countries or played for multiple countries (perhaps not the case in this timeline) we simply take the place of birth.

So for example Dragan Dzajic played for Yugoslavia, but he was born in what is present day Serbia so he counts as Serbian.

All West/East Germans would count as Germans as long as they were not born outside present day Germany.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
As before to simplify the problem of nationality of payers who belong to unified/divided countries or played for multiple countries (perhaps not the case in this timeline) we simply take the place of birth.

So for example Dragan Dzajic played for Yugoslavia, but he was born in what is present day Serbia so he counts as Serbian.

All West/East Germans would count as Germans as long as they were not born outside present day Germany.
That sounds reasonable to me. And it would mean that Player X, who represented West Germany, does NOT meet that particular criterion (since he was born in Germany as per today's definition).

Annahnomoss

Can I pick formations for the two teams? Edit: Would be two different and non-typical ones.

Annahnomoss

Skizzo will use a 3-3-1-3 a la LVG's Ajax/Cruyffs Barcelona:

EAP will use Guus Hiddinks 3-6-1 which Australia used very successfully in the 06 World Cup.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
That's an interesting match-up @Annahnomoss, will be interesting to see how they shape up, but it is also almost a non-compete clause, very different players suited to either. It will go down to who gets the right players, not the shiny misfits.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
What's going on?
I was bored and posted an open ad hoc draft challenge. NoPace joined in later.

Am thinking of making this as a formal ad-hoc draft competition Royal Rumble style. Any one can challenge the winner. And at 'end of season' total wins will be added up to a final winner.

It's always a elimination set up. If you lose, you drop back to end of list of challengers. If you are good, then let's see how long you can stay on top....kind of that!

Quick matchup to pass time between drafts/drafting.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I like it. Sounds like fun. Is there a time limit for the picks? Something like 5 minutes, so that it goes through really quickly?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Thought you were doing both. The formation one is not a challenge at all really.

Surely there's not much point in just two people drafting if there's basically no limitations/criteria? Seems easy enough to be a tad pointless IMO.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Would have been more interesting having formation + criteria restriction. :p
This. Only the formation is kinda boring. It's just an alltime attacking vs alltime counterattacking team then with those two formations.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Would have been more interesting having formation + criteria restriction. :p
This. Only the formation is kinda boring. It's just an alltime attacking vs alltime counterattacking team then with those two formations.
Ok OK. I give in. It'll be formation + criteria.

Though in that case I need a waiver for 10 min rule. Doing house cleaning and this simultaneously.

But it'll be quick.