The Criteria Draft - The Drafts

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Why do people keep stating what their players are good for?

Bollocks to that. Trip has said explicitly that you don't have to do it.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Anyway, I'm scandalously drunk. I'm going to pass out and check out what's happened tomorrow morning.

Good night, feckers.

NoPace

I was going to make a clever pick, but it just seemed mathematically ridiculous not to take Cristiano Ronaldo after seeing he has 52 in 51 in the Champions league for Madrid. That's preposterous. I'll be clever later.

FromTheBench

The first, not really as the manager will only add one to each player.

As for the latter, it's been clarified - no need to specify until the end!
But someone would have to cross check if their are errors in that and if each player qualifies with respective criteria. Some would be in grey area as well.

If there is a error at the end then there would have to be a repick at that stage ?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
But someone would have to cross check if their are errors in that and if each player qualifies with respective criteria. Some would be in grey area as well.

If there is a error at the end then there would have to be a repick at that stage ?
No - that person will lose that player and be allocated a sheep.

NoPace

I had a clever pick that I thought gave me the best player in a single criteria, but 30 seconds of additional research brought up 5 dudes who were 90 percent as good.

I'm excited to see who picks the first non-superstar in an attempt to win a criteria. There's 2 or 3 that I didn't have the time to look at, but maybe would have been worth going for, even this early.

RoadTrip

I had a clever pick that I thought gave me the best player in a single criteria, but 30 seconds of additional research brought up 5 dudes who were 90 percent as good.

I'm excited to see who picks the first non-superstar in an attempt to win a criteria. There's 2 or 3 that I didn't have the time to look at, but maybe would have been worth going for, even this early.
Indeed. That's the balance. I'm not surprised though that the picks so far have been for GOATs. I expect it to continue up until the end of the first round I imagine.

Annahnomoss

How will the reinforcement round work? Same criterias to be filled? How many reinforcements per round?

Annahnomoss

1. VivaJanuzaj & Crappy - Messi,
2. MJJ (looking for an assistant) - Ronaldinho
3. Annahnomoss - Ronaldo
4. Cutch - Maldini
5. NoPace - Ronaldo
6. Stobzilla / KM - Zidane
7. FromTheBench
8. EDogen
9. BigDunc9
10. rpitroda
11. BorisDeLeFora
12. Chesterlestreet
13. Paceme
14. NM / Snow
15. Aldo
16. Edgar Allan Pillow

Annahnomoss

How does the transfers which are allowed work? Can someone swap away say Zidane for two worse players or is it only allowed to trade 1 player for 1 other player? In which case it would be near impossible to make any transfers.

Of course even trades has to fulfill the requirements/criterias.

NM

What are people using to search for players then?

Annahnomoss

What are people using to search for players then?
I am using wikipedia to confirm stats? As nobody has stated which source will be considered correct I figured it wasn't too hard in that regard. Otherwise sources should be stated as transfermarkt etc can differ from Wikipedia.

Annahnomoss

I'm using wiki too. Too bad I'm still 10th on the list. Lots of time....
The horrors of snake drafts. You make a plan unconsciously as you find some great ideas researching for your own pick to see it crushed with the next pick.

Rince and repeat all draft. :lol:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The horrors of snake drafts. You make a plan unconsciously as you find some great ideas researching for your own pick to see it crushed with the next pick.

Rince and repeat all draft. :lol:
:lol:

Touch wood. I though people will be after AM's and Forwards and so made my plans around Maldini and then what happens, Cutch chooses Maldini the very next turn. I stopped researching and will just wait for my turn.

Annahnomoss

:lol:

Touch wood. I though people will be after AM's and Forwards and so made my plans around Maldini and then what happens, Cutch chooses Maldini the very next turn. I stopped researching and will just wait for my turn.
:lol: I was all happy being third thinking there was no way in hell I would lose out on Ronaldinho with Ronaldo, Zidane and Cristiano still in the pool. Guess not.

VivaJanuzaj

Damn I expected to wake up and see the draft a lot more progressed.

People should start PMing others with picks if they aren't going to be around. @FromTheBench was here a pick before him and didn't PM someone. I know you can use you're entire 8 hours but you should really PM someone incase you know you're turn is imminent and you won't be here soon.

Moby

Dick
1. VivaJanuzaj & Crappy - Messi,
2. MJJ (looking for an assistant) - Ronaldinho
3. Annahnomoss - Ronaldo
4. Cutch - Maldini
5. NoPace - Ronaldo
6. Stobzilla / KM - Zidane
7. FromTheBench - Romário
8. EDogen
9. BigDunc9
10. rpitroda
11. BorisDeLeFora
12. Chesterlestreet
13. Paceme
14. NM / Snow
15. Aldo
16. Edgar Allan Pillow

@EDogen your turn mate. Also, great to see you back in these drafts!

EDogen

Roy Keane for me.

Thanks Aldo, I will have more time to join in after today.

Annahnomoss

Rpitroda when can we do trades by the way? Can we start during the draft or will there be some time after it? Easiest must be during no?

RoadTrip

Rpitroda when can we do trades by the way? Can we start during the draft or will there be some time after it? Easiest must be during no?
Yes during. Since your 12 players must meet 12 criteria it'll be one player for another. At the end it's v unlikely as you'd need to make sure you're swap still allows you to meet the criteria.

Durin is where it gets more interesting because I might pick the best player in a category and you might feel you're better off giving me a better player for him as it's for a real toughy. And as we are still drafting you'd have flexibility to replace.

Annahnomoss

You're looking to get rid of the fat boy already? Harsh - very harsh.
Well I've had him for a day now in the team and he hasn't found a single teammate in the passing exercises I had him do. I'm just baffled, what else should I do? I thought it was the LVG thing to do.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well I've had him for a day now in the team and he hasn't found a single teammate in the passing exercises I had him do. I'm just baffled, what else should I do? I thought it was the LVG thing to do.
It's the wind, I'll bet - you need to look into that. They're probably being blown out of sight by strong gales.