The Culture Wars

nimic

something nice
Scout
Two more casualties of the culture war. Only one side is doing the killing, but hey, at least it gets the base riled up for the election.

feck the right-wing, and feck right-wingers.

neverdie

That app aside, one which scans items and links them to corporations and demonstrates their supply chain, profit margin, employee status, and general interlinkage within the economy. That is an app well worth making (with revenue and taxation statistics too).

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That app aside, one which scans items and links them to corporations and demonstrates their supply chain, profit margin, employee status, and general interlinkage within the economy. That is an app well worth making (with revenue and taxation statistics too).
All for it, but that app would never be legally allowed to be made.

Smores

'Why does he look like both the pedophile and the victim' is a brilliant comment on that tweet.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
WTF is wrong with her face? Seriously, what happened?!?

EDIT: Quick google reveals this guy is to blame. The truth is truly stranger than fiction...
I've had servers in their 20s go the same plastic surgery route as LL, wanting to look older & more dignified, but it often was a fool's errand.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Ah. Gotcha. I’d call them waiters. To differentiate them from IT hardware.
'Server' is an androgynous term as 'waiter' & 'waitress' have defined sexes to them & is a bit outdated.

Don't see even the most sentient AI machine needing cosmetic surgery, but who knows what tomorrow may bring!

Suedesi

'Server' is an androgynous term as 'waiter' & 'waitress' have defined sexes to them & is a bit outdated.

Don't see even the most sentient AI machine needing cosmetic surgery, but who knows what tomorrow may bring!
What's the androgynous term for bus boy?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Is it always a complaint that people are paying attention to the current thing when they should instead be paying attention to a specific obscure right wing obsession (usually something about Hunter Biden)?

Or is there a belief that anything that gets a lot of coverage on CNN is through such rendered an invalid thing to pay attention to?

decorativeed

I always find the trouble with these types of posts is that the reasoning behind them is so mind-bogglingly stupid, I find it hard to express just how ridiculous it is. Do they really think that all of those issues are irrelevant to our lives and that 'the media' shouldn't even be bothered to discuss it? That climate change is new for this year? That the other problems have just disappeared? What do they think we should be interested in?