The Culture Wars

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
It's making fun of the typical photograph of a journalist that accompanies these opinion columns
That's disappointing, I was expecting there had been some eurovision performance involving monkeys :(

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

the burgerification of world politics
It's scary how unaware people are of their own history! Of all the countries in Europe that probably would not have been ruled by Germany if the Nazis had won Spain has to right up there!

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

"current thing" is the dumbest rw meme
Is it always a complaint that people are paying attention to the current thing when they should instead be paying attention to a specific obscure right wing obsession (usually something about Hunter Biden)?

Or is there a belief that anything that gets a lot of coverage on CNN is through such rendered an invalid thing to pay attention to?

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Is it always a complaint that people are paying attention to the current thing when they should instead be paying attention to a specific obscure right wing obsession (usually something about Hunter Biden)?

Or is there a belief that anything that gets a lot of coverage on CNN is through such rendered an invalid thing to pay attention to?
it's mystifying, worse than the usual RW stuff.
the "time passes linearly" response to it is played out on twitter but i don't know if there's much else to say.
i *think* it started with covid and then some other frightening stories, so they said, look, NPCs are scared of a virus, now they're scared of ___, and then it just became applicable to everytime there's a news item.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I have no idea what that Twitter spat is about but do right wingers really call white Americans “foundational people”? That’s hilarious.
First time I've heard this phrase but they absolutely do believe that white people founded America

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I have no idea what that Twitter spat is about but do right wingers really call white Americans “foundational people”? That’s hilarious.
Isn't it a pretty niche expression that black Americans who descended from slaves (or ADOS, as they used) use to describe themselves? You know you're dealing with a hardcore fecking racist when they know the most obscure language their opponents use.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

RWers have spent the last week publicly getting hard by thinking of RFK

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
not sure where to put this. just wanted to highlight a freak account.

Bert_

They were also inbred and mentally stunted. Shame they didn't die in greater numbers. The world might be a better place today if they'd all fallen on their swords rather shoving the lower classes through the meat grinder.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It strikes me that culture wars are 95% the far right throwing a huge toddler tanty when someone suggests that perhaps persecuting and ridiculing anyone who isn't a white, middle class bloke who votes for Trump might not be a great idea.

Cloud7

RWers have spent the last week publicly getting hard by thinking of RFK
Was this supposed to be funny?

Also why do they dislike Bill Gates so much? As far as super rich people go, he's one of the few that actually seems to dedicate a lot to objectively good causes

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Was this supposed to be funny?

Also why do they dislike Bill Gates so much? As far as super rich people go, he's one of the few that actually seems to dedicate a lot to objectively good causes
It's basically jealously and because he isn't Steve Jobs

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It strikes me that culture wars are 95% the far right throwing a huge toddler tanty when someone suggests that perhaps persecuting and ridiculing anyone who isn't a white, middle class bloke who votes for Trump might not be a great idea.

Totally it's a construct to obfuscate.