Gaming The curious case of the banning of Dr. Disrespect on Twitch

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What’s going on with Twitch streamers?

The Doc has been banned, one of their most well known streamers.

Here’s what we know so far:
1. Twitch have banned him and removed his channel. They have not specified the length of his ban (people saying online it’s permanent).
2. Twitch put out a very vague statement reenforcing what they said about taking action against streamers who have had credible serious accusations levied against them.
3. Twitch have refunded all of his subscribers. This is unprecedented.
4. He has not yet been arrested, that would have made the news.

there’s been all sorts of allegations about streamers recently about sexual assault, rape etc.

I wonder what’s going to drop about the doc?

cyberman

Docs house has been reportedly raided by cops so it doesn't look good

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It'll be some white collar crime I suspect, given his wife is still supporting him. Probably not linked to the recent spike in sexual abuse allegations.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
What’s going on with Twitch streamers?

The Doc has been banned, one of their most well known streamers.

Here’s what we know so far:
1. Twitch have banned him and removed his channel. They have not specified the length of his ban (people saying online it’s permanent).
2. Twitch put out a very vague statement reenforcing what they said about taking action against streamers who have had credible serious accusations levied against them.
3. Twitch have refunded all of his subscribers. This is unprecedented.
4. He has not yet been arrested, that would have made the news.

there’s been all sorts of allegations about streamers recently about sexual assault, rape etc.

I wonder what’s going to drop about the doc?
Well he has a history of fecking around with other female streamers, but for it to go this drastic I reckon it must be something bad in thr legal sense.

Also the end of his stream, he looked like he was actually raided.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Discord pulled the plug on his deal with them too, so it's got to be proper illegal shit.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Talk growing stronger that it's about the streamer he screwed at Twitchcon suddenly deciding she wants a much better contract and threatening to out Twitch for protecting him.

Would go hand in hand with their recent statements on sexual abuse, and also could explain what a certain female streamer gets away with a lot of shady shit.

Obviously this is all guesswork, but it ticks boxes.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Talk growing stronger that it's about the streamer he screwed at Twitchcon suddenly deciding she wants a much better contract and threatening to out Twitch for protecting him.

Would go hand in hand with their recent statements on sexual abuse, and also could explain what a certain female streamer gets away with a lot of shady shit.

How is that related? All I know is that if I'm thinking of the same streamer, so many twitch viewers hate her :lol:

cyberman

Just a few tweets, actually looking at them now I wouldnt put too much stock in it. I thought the tweeters were bigger than they are.
Theres so many theories and bullshit posts that i just waded through to find them again that its clear nobody actually knows.
1 theory has that he was raided and is under questioning hence the 24 hr silence, another is about sexual assult and an incriminating voice message.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

I thought he already came out and said he fecked her?

DavelinaJolie

Just out of interest growing stronger where? I don't know why but when the field is gaming and the blame is being laid at a woman's door, I tend to get very sceptical.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Reddit going wild with posts saying it could all be staged and some kind of promotional thing.

Something to do with seeing a promo poster for "29th".

Castia

Latest rumour making the rounds is Spotify are entering the streaming space and have already secured Ninja and Shroud, Doc’s been speaking to them and Twitch have found out, banning his channel and taking legal action against Doc/Spotify.

Not got a clue what’s going on.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Latest rumour making the rounds is Spotify are entering the streaming space and have already secured Ninja and Shroud, Doc’s been speaking to them and Twitch have found out, banning his channel and taking legal action against Doc/Spotify.

Not got a clue what’s going on.
I think those rumors claimed Spotify was partnering with Google, which seems way off since Google owns YouTube. :p

It also seems a bit too convenient for it to be Spotify. I think it's made up by people who have the Joe Rogan contract in the back of their mind. Podcast fits more with Spotify's product than streaming does.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
When you think of the levels of narcissism that must be prevalent and probably required amongst this group of people, it’s absolutely no surprise whatsoever that there is also an undercurrent of sociopathic behaviour.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Discord pulled the plug on his deal with them too, so it's got to be proper illegal shit.
Discord partner is linked to Twitch. As soon as Twitch pulled the partner status, it automatically pulled the Discord one so they're not connected.

Difference between "Twitch has not notified me on the specific reason behind their decision" and "I don't know why I was banned". Like Coleen Rooney's statement on Vardy's account, that has definitely been through a lawyer first.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Discord partner is linked to Twitch. As soon as Twitch pulled the partner status, it automatically pulled the Discord one so they're not connected.
I wasn't aware of that. Cheers.