Admin
Staff
1. Break on Through
2. The End
3. Riders on the Storm
4. Roadhouse Blues
5. People are Strange

dmode

Roadhouse Blues, cos' me and my group used to play that on stage, sweet memories.

Correction: most of the other songs are good, Jim rules!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I went in to HMV and asked what they had by The Doors. She said a bucket of sand and a fire extinguisher.

But no, i'm with Eboue on this one.

LoveInTheAsylum

I like most of what I know of Kurt Weill's music, but any version of the Alabama Song sends a shiver down my spine. Break On Through is probably my favourite, such a great opening. And despite funnyman Eboue's post, I think it has some great rock lyrics.

Peace Frog also feels like the perfect 3 minute rock song, not a second's wasted & it's always pushing forward. Such a great body moving intro that doesn't last long enough to outstay its welcome - the solo's not indulgent & actually pushes the song forward again, taken at just the right time & lasting just the right length. The buildup to it is my favourite part of the song. There's even time for a small spoken word bit from Morrison just to piss off anyone who doesn't like him. Then a pause and back into it. Perfection.

The Doors seem to suffer more through revisionism than anyone else (except maybe the Eagles), seemingly all because of some nonsense rep. built around Morrison that has nothing to do with the vast majority of the music. If you like rock music, I don't see what's hard to fathom about the group's popularity (shouldn't need saying but that doesn't mean you have to like them, of course). They had a phenomenal feel for that type of music & backed it up with a lot of short, fun, quirky, songs too.

edit:
Love the Roadhouse Blues outtakes on the Doors of Perception box set, with Densmore really struggling to get the beat.

Last edited: