The elephant in the room….. could this club face a relegation battle in the 22/23 season?

Ldn FanBoy

Crazy, if we beat Liverpool we will be above them. Are they getting relegated too? It’s too damn early guys. Not the best right now but this is a way way over the top reaction.
If we somehow beat Liverpool, we all know they will bounce back. We will probably lose to Southampton and they will beat Bournemouth. Lets be real. Liverpool even if in bad form won't be nowhere near as bad as us and to even suggest that is a joke.

Whereas if we lose to Liverpool it will just continue our downhill spiral of bad form.

Difference being top teams obviously lose games and have bad days, we are not a top team an have bad games consecutively.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
If we somehow beat Liverpool, we all know they will bounce back. We will probably lose to Southampton and they will beat Bournemouth. Lets be real. Liverpool even if in bad form won't be nowhere near as bad as us and to even suggest that is a joke.

Whereas if we lose to Liverpool it will just continue our downhill spiral of bad form.

Difference being top teams obviously lose games and have bad days, we are not a top team an have bad games consecutively.
Why is our beating Liverpool not a sign of us bouncing back? Look I get the negativity but what’s the point if we can’t be optimistic. We all know we are hopeless right now but it’s not going to get worse than this, that I do know.

Partridge

Why is our beating Liverpool not a sign of us bouncing back? Look I get the negativity but what’s the point if we can’t be optimistic. We all know we are hopeless right now but it’s not going to get worse than this, that I do know.
If i, Partridge, can bounce back, we can bounce back. The LFC game would be the perfect time to get our collective shit together.

Red Rash

We are a terrible team right now but I truly believe if nothing else changed except we bring in two new CMs the rest of the team would immediately look miles better.

The lack of CM is damaging us in defending and attacking. Saying that the reality is we have a lot of positions we desperately need to upgrade

MalaysianRed7

Personally I hope that our fortunes will changes soon because right now I just cannot see where our next win is going to come form.
We could easily be in 15th position by Christmas, I’m not denying that. However, once these players figure out that their careers are on the line, we’ll end up seeing a different team in the 2nd half of the season, and probably race to somewhere like 8th place. I just hope a) Ten Hag isn’t sacked along the way and b) the Glazers sell up.

Trophy Room

100%. If Leicester can win the league, we can be relegated. Our squad is not geared for ETH football and we will lose a heck of a lot games this season.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Of course they can. This team is terrible and it’s in a worse state than last season with a new manager. Unless there’s a sudden change of fortunes I can’t even see where a goal is coming from never mind a win.

Hackman2210

I can honestly see a relegation scrap I don’t think we’ll go down but I’d take 7 or 8th at this point. The club is in free fall on and off the pitch.it’s astonishing to watch how bad this is becoming.

VivaRonaldo85

I don't understand posts stating we've too much quality to go down. Where is this quality? A wantaway Ronaldo aside. I would expect a lot of Championship sides to give us a tough game currently, we are completely devoid of form, confidence and in some players case, ability.
That’s what I’m like too. It’s this lack of quality that has plummeted us into this state.

Lentwood

Seven away defeats on the spin....losing to Brighton at home...losing to Brentford at home....best CF wants out (and is 37), GK has a save percentage of about 50%...morale in the toilet...new manager adapting to the league...

We won't go down, simply because if we were in any sort of danger, we'd go back to playing 'normal' football...but if we did insist on playing this progressive, penalty-box tika-taka, man-marking and high-line all season...I would say it's definitely a possibility

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The sheer amount of abysmal threads that get created on here is mind boggling.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The sheer amount of abysmal threads that get created on here is mind boggling.
Any poster that genuinely thought we could be in a relegation battle should be rounded up and banned.
Absolute state of them.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Any poster that genuinely thought we could be in a relegation battle should be rounded up and banned.
Absolute state of them.
I’d hang fire. Two tight games broke our way. They could have both easily been losses on another day based on the chances created and conceded. Against Liverpool if felt like our players really worked to secure the win and we did deserve it. Today that same intensity wasn’t there and we actually lost to Soton on xG according to most algorithms.

If we play like we did today in our next six before the international break, we’ll lose half of them, if not more. Relegation was always a less than 10% prospect, but so was finishing top four. We’re still likely to have a very frustrating season in the midtable unless performances pick up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’d hang fire. Two tight games broke our way. They could have both easily been losses on another day based on the chances created and conceded. Against Liverpool if felt like our players really worked to secure the win and we did deserve it. Today that same intensity wasn’t there and we actually lost to Soton on xG according to most algorithms.

If we play like we did today in our next six before the international break, we’ll lose half of them, if not more. Relegation was always a less than 10% prospect, but so was finishing top four. We’re still likely to have a very frustrating season in the midtable unless performances pick up.
We could easily be way off top 4. But we won't in a million years be fighting relegation this season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Tells you what a load of old shite xG is. We were never losing to Soton. Yesterday to Leicester on the other hand...need to step up our attacking game now, we won't be able to grind out 1-0s forever.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Drama queens the lot. Even worse are those who claimed they would take relegation if that meant getting rid off Glazers :houllier:

Tyrion

If there was ever a thread to epitomise the panic that can spread through the cafe :lol:
If we lose to Arsenal, there'll be another of these.

Whenever we lose, there's an immediate 4 or 5 "we're shit" threads on the front page that get released by the cafe like ink from an octopus.

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
If there was ever a thread to epitomise the panic that can spread through the cafe :lol:
Exactly..

This thread should be pinned to the top of the forum as a reminder and warning against exaggerating and overreacting after a couple of losses. Literally writing off the new manager, any potential signings and the whole club's future after 2 games...

Samid

Vital win against a fellow relegation candidate last night. Some breathing space but still not out of the woods.

Samid

Fulham, Forest, Wolves. 3 massive wins in a row against fellow relegation candidates. Still not 100% safe but realistically we only need 1-2 more wins between Jan-May which should be doable.

LordSpud

Fulham, Forest, Wolves. 3 massive wins in a row against fellow relegation candidates. Still not 100% safe but realistically we only need 1-2 more wins between Jan-May which should be doable.

Lets face it we need to beat the likes of Arsenal, City, Pool, Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle when it comes to it. All 6 pointers for us now

Elcabron

To be fair to the OP we were on a dire run at the time and thread was made before we bought Casemiro and Martinez......I think!

Elcabron

Lets face it we need to beat the likes of Arsenal, City, Pool, Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle when it comes to it. All 6 pointers for us now
I'd be delighted with four points from the two games v City and Arsenal. Even two points wouldn't be the end of the world.

KeanoMagicHat

If Ten Hag had caved to Ronaldo’s demands - set up the team around him and played him every minute without subbing him - we could have stayed on a similar trajectory.

Thankfully we marginalised and sold him and turned back in a functional team.